1.    #1  
    Though I love my 650 I am tempted by something new and shiny. I like the look of the 500 but don't like the lack of cut and paste, lack of a touchscreen and poor battery life. The Centro looks nice too and then there is the 750 but it is a little expensive. Has anyone made a similar move and have any advice to give?
    Suggestions for devices would depend on what service you're using. I assume since you mentioned the Centro that you're on Sprint?
  3.    #3  
    No. actually I'm in Australia.
    I am thinking about htc touch cruise to replace my treo. But will read reviews first.
    One-handed operation is still important to me. I have tried the HTC Touched and it was not one-handed for me.

Ben
  6.    #6  
    A good point. I too rely on single-handed operation.
    Quote Originally Posted by discobay View Post
    Though I love my 650 I am tempted by something new and shiny. I like the look of the 500 but don't like the lack of cut and paste, lack of a touchscreen and poor battery life. The Centro looks nice too and then there is the 750 but it is a little expensive. Has anyone made a similar move and have any advice to give?
    I dunno what's available to you, but my 650-to-755p (Sprint) move left me with no regrets.

If the 750 allows simultaneous voice and data, though, it's definitely worth a look. Wrong carrier for me (and wrong o.s., at the time).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I dunno what's available to you, but my 650-to-755p (Sprint) move left me with no regrets.

If the 750 allows simultaneous voice and data, though, it's definitely worth a look. Wrong carrier for me (and wrong o.s., at the time).
    I thought the simultaneous thing was a carrier issue. Anyway, that's no issue for me. Do you regret leaving the Palm interface? Does the 755 fit into the 650 case/holster?
    Quote Originally Posted by discobay View Post
    I thought the simultaneous thing was a carrier issue. Anyway, that's no issue for me. Do you regret leaving the Palm interface? Does the 755 fit into the 650 case/holster?
    The 755p uses the Palm interface, so that's not an issue. One day I may make the Windows Mobile jump, but not yet.

The 755p fits into some 650 cases, but only technically. The camera lens, buttons, etc. are in different places, so you'll want something made specifically for the 755p after a short while.
    I also jumped from 650 to 755p and have no regrets. I also own a Dell Axim x51v which uses Windows Mobile 5; it has no phone but does have wifi. the Windows Mobile is nice but truthfully I had more times where it just gets "stuck" and I have to reset it. More times than the Palm OS, which I am very happy with. Plus with Windows Mobile you have to deal with Microsoft Activesync to sync with the PC and I am not crazy at all about that app.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Very pleased with my 650->Centro transition. The form factor (especially the weight) is very nice. Other nice factors are the abundance of RAM, high bandwidth of Power Vision, nicer builtin apps, and many fewer device resets.

I've found the smaller keyboard & screen easy to get used to.
    Oh yes, I forgot to add how much I love the Sprint Power Vision on the 755p, so much faster on Blazer and streaming music and video than the 650. Love it.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Oh yes, I forgot to add how much I love the Sprint Power Vision on the 755p, so much faster on Blazer and streaming music and video than the 650. Love it.
    Best reason to switch, imo.
    I got the 750 for my wife last December (ATT model). She had a 650 which I am using now. We are T-mobile subscribers so I had to buy an unlock code. Didn't have a problem unlocking it.

The 750 does allow voice and data at the same time. It came with WM5 which I read on some reviews (amazon has many reviews), the ring gets muted once in a while and a soft reset is required. They said this was all fixed on WM6 so I installed WM6 (downloaded from palm.com). The phone works great. Here's the link to get WM6 from palm.com

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...pdate/att.html

Biggest issue is adjusting from Palm OS to WM. My wife was on several Palm OS devices for a very long time so it took her a while to adjust to WM. I had to spend $20 to buy a software tool that converts Palm data to Outlook. The tool I used is Chapura Pocketcopy which worked great. Here's the link.

http://www.chapura.com/pocketcopy.php

There is a way to convert the data yourself. See link below. I tried it and ran into some problems. That's why I bought Chapura Pocketcopy.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...al2001#general

The Notes on the 650 will be converted to Memos on the 750. You will lose the categories you had in the 650 since the Memos has no capability to create categories. That was a good feature of the Palm OS. So it'll be a struggle to find your notes as you have to go through the whole list.

Also, reviews complained about the short battery life on the 750. Some said it was due to the Mail being set to automatically send/receive (you can set to Manual). Others said that if you recharge the phone daily, the battery life gets much better. So we charge the 750 every evening even if 5% is only used.

So far, we are very happy. I now have the 650 which is a big step for me since I've always had flip phones. This thing is bulky and difficult to carry around. I fear I may drop it one day and break it.
    Last edited by lmirasol; 02/06/2008 at 06:46 AM.