Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1.    #1  
    Not long ago I started getting an error during Windows startup (XP SP2) when it tried to load the HotSync app. The error said it couldn't start the application because hsapi.dll could not be found. I found that I couldn't launch Palm Desktop either and would get the same error. So I tracked down hsapi.dll on dlldump.com, replaced it in the correct location, then ran a repair of the Palm apps from the CD that came with my 700p.

    Now HotSync and Palm Desktop run fine, but when I connect my 700 to the cable I get weird beeps (different from the beeps you normally get when you connect) and when I push the hotsync button on the cable nothing happens and i get a message saying the Treo can't connect with the desktop.

    Any ideas?

    THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    Last edited by andy.e; 02/11/2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Wrote "750p"...oops.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by andy.e View Post
    Not long ago I started getting an error during Windows startup (XP SP2) when it tried to load the HotSync app. The error said it couldn't start the application because hsapi.dll could not be found. I found that I couldn't launch Palm Desktop either and would get the same error. So I tracked down hsapi.dll on dlldump.com, replaced it in the correct location, then ran a repair of the Palm apps from the CD that came with my 750p.

    Now HotSync and Palm Desktop run fine, but when I connect my 750 to the cable I get weird beeps (different from the beeps you normally get when you connect) and when I push the hotsync button on the cable nothing happens and i get a message saying the Treo can't connect with the desktop.

    Any ideas?

    THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    I'm sorry I don't know why you can't connect. But I had a question regarding your hsapi.dll error. When your at dlldump.com did you have to buy a scan license to fix that error. I am just wondering in more detail of how you got dlldump.com to fix that error. Thats for your help.
  3. 47619's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #3  
    There is no treo 750p is it a 700p a 755p or a 750
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by txman View Post
    I'm sorry I don't know why you can't connect. But I had a question regarding your hsapi.dll error. When your at dlldump.com did you have to buy a scan license to fix that error. I am just wondering in more detail of how you got dlldump.com to fix that error. Thats for your help.
    dlldump.com is a repository for dll files. I just downloaded the file from there and pasted into the appropriate folder. They didn't actually "fix" the error for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by csmelosky View Post
    There is no treo 750p is it a 700p a 755p or a 750
    It's a 700p, not a 750...not sure why I wrote 750 but I'll correct the original post.

Posting Permissions