1.    #1  
    A friend of mine can not Hotsync because the computer or the Hotsync program thinks COM 1 is busy. The cradle for the Treo 650 is plugged into a USB hub.

What's a solution to this problem?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Reboot the computer, soft reset the Treo. See if this works.

If not, click on the Hotsync icon, go to Setup then Local tab. Under Serial Port, see if there are any other com ports available and try to Hotsync with them.
  3.    #3  
    Shouldn't they look under "USB Port"? And how about trying a different port in the USB hub?
    You know, I had this same thing happened when I was trying to sync my 755p in a cradle. I soft reset the treo and took the syncing plug out of the cradle and plugged it directly into the treo and it synced perfectly. I don't think that cradle was making good contact.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Right-click on the HotSync icon in the status area and make sure Local USB is checked and Local is not.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  6.    #6  
    Great. I'll have them give that a try.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LABachlr View Post
    Shouldn't they look under "USB Port"? And how about trying a different port in the USB hub?
    There is no USB port setting. This seems to happen every so often, and one of the things mentioned should work. I usually have more of a problem syncing with bluetooth though.