Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a 755p in the very near future. I'm currently using a decaying Smartphone Experts Slim Pouch case. My #1 complaint with this case is that it's gotten horribly stretched out even after gentle use and my 700p likes to go flying out of it since it has no top closure or flap.

I'm looking for slim, black leather pouch-style case without any kind of belt clip, swivel, mounting stud etc. Just a smooth front and back. I only carry my Treo in my pants pocket and don't need any extra bulk. I don't care about charging while in the case or anything else. I also prefer to remove the Treo from the case so I can use it "naked", so a Vaja-style case is out of the question.

Right now this looks to be the best solution but it looks a bit chunky in the top flap area:
    http://store.treocentral.com/sena-ca...h/4A25A832.htm

Any suggestions, guys? All advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    I have two ideas :

1) Look at generic soft camera cases.
    2) If the belt clip is attached with a rivet, cut it or drill it out.
    Me too, I have been looking for the exact same style case to carry in my purse. No belt loops or belt clips, just nice smooth leather with a snap close top. Hope we get some suggestions.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    http://tuff-as-nuts.com/index.asp?Pa...ROD&ProdID=481

Best pouch case I've ever used with my Treo..
    If you have a Wilson's Leather in local mall, check there. They have various cases in various sizes. All are generic but I have found good fits for phones and digital cameras ranging in price from $5 to $20 for nice leather cases, some with fastners, some without.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tips. Rigo, which Nutshell case do you specifically have?

I tried the "cut out the rivet" trick a while back on an old Sena case I had for my T2 or T3 and it didn't turn out too well. I'm not a leather craftsman by any stretch of the imagination and the back panel continued to fray and unravel. So I'm hoping to just find a nice, slim, smooth-backed leather case to go in my pocket.

Any more recommendations? Right now I have to admit that the Nutehsll case styles looks perfect but they are a tad pricey and I wish their website had a better selection of photos of the various styles/options available.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    Thanks for the tips. Rigo, which Nutshell case do you specifically have?

I tried the "cut out the rivet" trick a while back on an old Sena case I had for my T2 or T3 and it didn't turn out too well. I'm not a leather craftsman by any stretch of the imagination and the back panel continued to fray and unravel. So I'm hoping to just find a nice, slim, smooth-backed leather case to go in my pocket.

Any more recommendations? Right now I have to admit that the Nutehsll case styles looks perfect but they are a tad pricey and I wish their website had a better selection of photos of the various styles/options available.
    I ordered mine years ago for the 650 but worked fine on my 755p until I dropped it in boiling water (long story). Great quality and I ordered another one specifically made for the 755p after ruining my first one. Like you stated, the price is a negative. You can click under "more info" in their website to see all the different styles and colors.
    Just bought this gorgeous Fortte leather pouch for my 755p with NO belt clip or loop, only has a nice small strap that goes over the top to hold the phone inside, for $24.99. I had this exact case for my 650 phone and it is wonderful quality, the inside of the front is re-inforced to protect the screen area and has the appropriate cut-outs in the back to reveal the speaker. Make sure you click on NO BELT CLIP when ordering.

http://www.fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/341?type=0
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Wow, thanks! This looks to be exactly what I've been searching for the past few weeks but to no avail. Stylish, good quality leather (apparently), reasonably priced and no extra junk to clutter it up! If I am pleased with the first case I might go ahead and purchase anohter as a spare...just in "case" (pun intended)!
    Oh the leather on this is fantastic and it is very form fitting, no worries about your phone falling out even if you leave that top strap undone. It is sleek and I like the stiffer front to protect the screen. I think you will be very satisfied. I forgot all about that Fortte case for my 650, as my husband inherited the phone but doesn't use that case.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    for the ladies and for the men.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    for the ladies and for the men.
    My husband is using that second case, I believe Smartphone Experts sells it? Very nice case but my 755 slid right out of it.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ^Dollface,
    If you look around, the first case can be found fairly inexpensive. I found one two years ago for my wife for about $40.00.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    ^Dollface,
    If you look around, the first case can be found fairly inexpensive. I found one two years ago for my wife for about $40.00.
    Yes, that looks like a Coach case, very pretty; but I have this great Fortte case on the way, and I am very happy. It is an awesome case, and only $25.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    LOL, that pic of the SmartPhone Experts case is MY exact SPE case taken on MY table!

I reviewed that case for PIC back in '06. I LOVED that case when I got it but after about 2 months it was so stretched out that my 700p flew out of it all the time. Then the stitching started to unravel and the plastic reinforcement on the interior lining started to crack and fall apart. Now the case is barely usable and looks like something a dog would chew on. Not very impressive, to be quite honest. I'd imagine that if a 700p with an extended Seidio 3200mAh battery slides out of that case that a slimmer design like a Treo 680 or 755p wouldn't stand a chance.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    LOL, that pic of the SmartPhone Experts case is MY exact SPE case taken on MY table!

I reviewed that case for PIC back in '06. I LOVED that case when I got it but after about 2 months it was so stretched out that my 700p flew out of it all the time. Then the stitching started to unravel and the plastic reinforcement on the interior lining started to crack and fall apart. Now the case is barely usable and looks like something a dog would chew on. Not very impressive, to be quite honest. I'd imagine that if a 700p with an extended Seidio 3200mAh battery slides out of that case that a slimmer design like a Treo 680 or 755p wouldn't stand a chance.
    Ya know, that's exactly where I got the pic from was PIC. I had the case on my 700 and I only used it for about a month, but since then I have been going case less. My wife uses the coach case everyday. (It matches her purses). That is funny .
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Just bought this gorgeous Fortte leather pouch for my 755p with NO belt clip or loop, only has a nice small strap that goes over the top to hold the phone inside, for $24.99. I had this exact case for my 650 phone and it is wonderful quality, the inside of the front is re-inforced to protect the screen area and has the appropriate cut-outs in the back to reveal the speaker. Make sure you click on NO BELT CLIP when ordering.

http://www.fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/341?type=0
    That is SUPERB!!! Thank you so very much for sharing this!!! I am definitely getting it. Right now I'm using the Palm leather side case which I absolutely love and is great for work. However I don't necessarily need a case clipped to my waist on the weekends. I like this case VERY much!

I was between Fortte and Vaja for my TX and went with a Vaja case for it...but I think Fortte wins this time. Thanks again!
    You really ought to look at this one first:

http://store.treocentral.com/smartph...4A132A1752.htm

BB
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Umm, blazorboy, just 3 posts up, I was discussing what utter garbage that SPE case is. And it's not just mine, as I've read several reports from other folks online that their pouch cases got stretched out by a 650/700p/w/wx. A 755p, 680 or 750 would be even less secure in that case. Without a top flap or any method of securing the Treo in the pouch, it's basically a worthless, impractical case.

It looks like Fortte is the clear-cut winner in this comparison.
    I see your point, but if you keep it in your pocket it is hard to fall out. I find the case is just the right size for the 755p. Over time it might loosen up, but it does well for me to protect the phone while in the pocket and be relatively easy in easy out. But this is my second one; I had a habit of squeezing the sides of the first one which caused the glue to loosen. I will just have to see how things go. I fear the flap would add thickness to a pocket use and this SPE is the thinest one I have found--it could be made a bit stronger.

Do keep us all posted.

BB
    Last edited by blazorboy; 02/11/2008 at 06:08 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast