1.    #1  
    Now that the ROM update is available for the Palm Treo 755p, we want to begin work on gathering resources to allow a custom ROM build for the 755p.

I have been waiting on this for 10 months (May 2007).

As the resources come available, please update this thread with links to the required documents and files. Post your experiences here with the custom ROMs.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    I'm afraid the evidence from work that attempted to customize the 700p, which uses the same ROM flashing technique as the 755p, has proven to be too difficult. One member has tried to document his efforts to modify the MSL using a ROM flashing method on the 700p, but no one else has attempted, or at least succeeded, in recreating even that. The resources needed to modify the ROM on the current crop of CDMA devices look to be too great at this point. GSM users can still modify the 680 ROM, which uses a different flashing technique, but things don't look very good for us CDMA users.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I'm afraid the evidence from work that attempted to customize the 700p, which uses the same ROM flashing technique as the 755p, has proven to be too difficult. One member has tried to document his efforts to modify the MSL using a ROM flashing method on the 700p, but no one else has attempted, or at least succeeded, in recreating even that. The resources needed to modify the ROM on the current crop of CDMA devices look to be too great at this point. GSM users can still modify the 680 ROM, which uses a different flashing technique, but things don't look very good for us CDMA users.
    Why would you need to modify the MSL with a custom ROM when its so easy using BitPim and QPST?
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Now that the ROM update is available for the Palm Treo 755p, we want to begin work on gathering resources to allow a custom ROM build for the 755p.

I have been waiting on this for 10 months (May 2007).

Someone is making progress right now: http://www.vistabug.com/bb/viewtopic.php?id=42
    It seems that forum is as quiet as shadowmite's forum.

Anyway to edit the rom, the 700p/755p is similar to Tungsten T1/T2 ROM. maybe chromed would help but it would need updating.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    It seems that forum is as quiet as shadowmite's forum.

Anyway to edit the rom, the 700p/755p is similar to Tungsten T1/T2 ROM. maybe chromed would help but it would need updating.
    Because of the IPhone, you think?
    Just think if the IPhone were to be available in CDMA.....
    I don't plan to look into the iphone unless it has a replaceable battery. (and maybe CDMA too) but for a phone without a replaceable battery is like having a laptop/car without replaceable battery. For 'cheap/throw away' stuff like $1 watches are ok. but not for a $500 thing. even if DIY REPLACE battery is available, still while on the go its not easy to plug in those "Energi to go".

Fearwall at vistabug.org forums can write a program but he needs to know "I just need information about palm ROM store structures and CRC algorithms to be able to repack custom ROMs. "

If I am writing a program it would be to change the ESN (and get the MIP PW/IOTA info) on Novatel datacards via the debug DLL or binary DIAG port method. So figure out palm's rom is not my current priority.

I do have some info on 'common bytes/header bytes' I found in the ROM from some analysis with winhex in the past. I will post it when I find it. As to SmallROM/BigROM, order of files etc I am not sure. Palm must have some sort of 'rom complier' but its not released to the public.

Its sort of like pdbenc.exe/pdbdec.exe expect now it applies to ROM and not PRC files.

But its nice to have a list of which units use which kind of Rom

ie:
    Palm 5.0+ only
    T3 - ?
    650/680 - uses boot.conf/zip
    Lifedrive - ?
    T5 - ?
    755p/700p - ROM Zipped
    Tungsten T1/Tungsten T2 - ROM Zipped
    Centro - ?
    Sony UX50 - ?

Another person to contact is Dimytr at 1src forums can figure it out but he always need pay solution.
    Or Grack (From Treo 650 Rom tool)

I have also decompiled the chromed with hexrays plugin from IDA.
    If you can understand the source code?

http://rapidshare.com/files/90127839...splus.rar.html
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Thankyou!