1.    #1  
    I am experiencing several daily resets and can't narrow down the issue just yet. The last reset that shows is from TreoLauncher on 1/5/08. Today is the 31st so I need to find out what's causing these resets if it's not being logged in the system reset log. I'm sure this has been covered here and I'm fairly decent at searching but I don't know what to search for...? Any help is muchly appreciated. )
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    What apps are you running? Running lots of stuff in the background (Butler, Powerhero, Email, Mundu) will pretty much kill you cache.

Have you tried running Off-flush and set it to for "fast" and "when powered off"?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    What apps are you running? Running lots of stuff in the background (Butler, Powerhero, Email, Mundu) will pretty much kill you cache.

Have you tried running Off-flush and set it to for "fast" and "when powered off"?

Hey Mal.. thanks for responding
    I have Mundu, but it's only connected when I'm actually using it - I don't leave it on in the background. I don't use Butler anymore, I don't have Powerhero, but I do have fastmail and it's always connected. These resets have literally become 4-6 a day now, so I don't know what's wrong, and I don't know enough to do any real troubleshooting. It seems to be connected to when I go to SMS messages - I also have a huge lag when entering my text messages for the first time each day - I can see everything BUT the message and it takes at least 15 seconds for it to show up (My screen is set to turn off after 15 seconds, and the message is not there before the screen shuts off - when I turn it back on, the message is there. I can see my power indicator, signal strength, etc...just not the body of the message)
    Would Off Flush help even if I don't have a lot running in the background? I don't know what this app is....

I don't even know what else is "hidden" in my Centro that could be causing problems, but here's everything I have on my Centro right now (I thought it all seemed rather harmless):

Tryda
    AgendusPro
    Applock
    Backup Man (with one scheduled backup at 11 pm which seemed to cause a nightly reset for a week or so in early January - I woke up every morning and saw that I had a reset 10-12 minutes after 11 every night)
    CallFilter (which hasn't caused me any issues that I know of, and is currently disabled)
    Chatter
    Colorize
    FileZ
    FlightStatus
    Google Helper
    Kinoma
    MiniTones
    Mundu (not running unless I'm using it.)
    PalmInternals (never use)
    PdaNet (rarely use)
    Pocket Quicken
    Soft Reset
    TreoLauncher
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    I've noticed that I've been getting random resets since I installed Slingplayer a few weeks ago. They are very random and happen only when using data. Today I used Flight Status and it happened everytime I put in Southwest flt. 1951, it would reset. I tried other flts. and it was fine. That flt. reset it each time. Don't know why.
    Last edited by RickMG; 01/31/2008 at 05:27 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I have this happen periodically, but usually can pin it down to recent changes or new apps I've added. Even then it doesn't necessarily mean that the new app is broken, but rather that it might not have installed right. If you haven't installed any new programs, and haven't made any recent changes in format or file managing, then I would recommend a full backup and then a hard reset. Do a full restore and see if you keep getting the resets. If so, repeat, except this time, do a selective restore, and restore apps one or two at a time to see what may be causing the problem.

Stu
    Off-flush basically defragments the dbcache, to get technical. When set on "fast" and "power off", every time you hit the Red key, a little screen pops up and depending on how much it clears, it will have a little pause. The little pause can be annoying or not, depends on how you view these things. But one thing it does deliver: stability, as you'll never run out of dbcache.

I'm assuming the resets are obviously not happening during a specific app, but rather randomly. Next question: Does it happens when the device is off or you are using it?

If "when off" it sounds like the device is reseting itself to reclaim cache/RAM in which case "Off flush" might help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    AgendusPro
    Applock
    Backup Man (with one scheduled backup at 11 pm which seemed to cause a nightly reset for a week or so in early January - I woke up every morning and saw that I had a reset 10-12 minutes after 11 every night)
    CallFilter (which hasn't caused me any issues that I know of, and is currently disabled)
    Chatter
    Colorize
    Mundu (not running unless I'm using it.)
    TreoLauncher
    Those are all running or potentially running (since you have some disabled).

I'll be honest, that's quite a bit.

Try "off flush" and see if that helps at all. If not, this is what I would do one at a time:
    • disable auto-backup w/ Backup Man
    • disable AppLock
    • uninstall CallFilter

Mundu uses a lot of resources, imo. Too much for an IM app, so I would use it with caution as I'm not confident it its stability on the Centro at all (the developers do not own one, hence why no official release). I realize it's the nicest looking and there are not many great alternatives, but that's something to consider.

Try some of that out and get back to us if you have any luck
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/31/2008 at 04:40 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Off-flush basically defragments the dbcache, to get technical. When set on "fast" and "power off", every time you hit the Red key, a little screen pops up and depending on how much it clears, it will have a little pause. The little pause can be annoying or not, depends on how you view these things. But one thing it does deliver: stability, as you'll never run out of dbcache.
    I will give it a try!

I'm assuming the resets are obviously not happening during a specific app, but rather randomly. Next question: Does it happens when the device is off or you are using it?

If "when off" it sounds like the device is reseting itself to reclaim cache/RAM in which case "Off flush" might help.
    I know they happen when I'm using it, but I have seen a few resets when it's just sitting on my desk.

Those are all running or potentially running (since you have some disabled).

I'll be honest, that's quite a bit.
    Seriously?! Compared to some of the lists I've seen here, I didn't think so. I have Applock on the SD card, and I don't even use it but once in a great while..

Try "off flush" and see if that helps at all. If not, this is what I would do one at a time:
    • disable auto-backup w/ Backup Man
    • disable AppLock
    • uninstall CallFilter

Mundu uses a lot of resources, imo. Too much for an IM app, so I would use it with caution as I'm not confident it its stability on the Centro at all (the developers do not own one, hence why no official release). I realize it's the nicest looking and there are not many great alternatives, but that's something to consider.

Try some of that out and get back to us if you have any luck
    I'll try all of this. When my pink Centro arrives, I had planned to take a whole day and just reinstall one app at a time. I know they all played nice at one time. The last application I installed was TreoLauncher and it's been a month since I did that. (I don't think I've installed anything else since then)
    Which other IM apps do you recommend? Since the built in app leaves much to be desired.....

Thanks for helping Mal.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  8.    #8  
    Call me crazy, but I installed Off Flush this morning and everything seems to be faster already... ?? I did have 2 resets last night just as the Centro was sitting on my night stand.. I was using Chatter off and on, so I'm assuming it was working in the background? Anyway I will see how this goes for the next few days. Thanks!!
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    I tried off-flush and my Centro started to reboot a few times. Im not clear on the settings maybe? I had it set at 30% and the power button flag set.
    Eric "FerretBOY" T.
    Sprint Centro in Black - Stewie skin on top. (What the Deuce???)
    Running Lightspeed for battery and CPU boost.

"Welcome to Sprint . . . Sorry, you live in a backwater area that doesn't support EVDO . . . You lose . . . Please HOLD, while we place you on HOLD!!"

If G-D didnt want man to have a treo, he wouldnt give us opposable thumbs to type on its keyboard !
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    I am experiencing several daily resets and can't narrow down the issue just yet. The last reset that shows is from TreoLauncher on 1/5/08. Today is the 31st so I need to find out what's causing these resets if it's not being logged in the system reset log. I'm sure this has been covered here and I'm fairly decent at searching but I don't know what to search for...? Any help is muchly appreciated. )
    I am hopefully coming to the RESET RESCUE with a new application called SafeGuard. The beta program for it starts today. See this thread for details:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=160416

Jeff