1.    #1  
    It seems to me a lot of ppl are very unhappy with the new firmware update from Palm.

I have a 680 locked to Rogers, did the update and seem to have a few bugs here and there. I kinda want to go back to 1.04, but really don;t know how to flash it with the custom roms made by jamesgangut in the custom rom thread. I have no idea what to do ...

In the past has Palm released any official firmware? Will they do it now, since a lot of ppl are unhappy?
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 01/31/2008 at 03:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    It seems to me a lot of ppl are very unhappy with the new firmware update from Palm.

I have a 680 locked to Rogers, did the update and seem to have a few bugs here and there. I kinda want to go back to 1.04, but really don;t know how to flash it with the custom roms made by jamesgangut in the custom rom thread. I have no idea what to do ...

In the past has Palm released any official firmware? Will they do it now, since a lot of ppl are unhappy?
    I still feel that the majority of 680 users are happy with the latest Palm updates, but we will never know as you mainly hear from those with problems.

If you really are at the end of your tether, have you tried a Hard Reset and then re-install all your 3rd party apps from fresh copies that you have re-downloaded.

I've done that recently and my 680 is so much better. Pre update problems have gone away. The problem is that Palms tend to get clogged up with left over bits and it causes all sorts of problems.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I still feel that the majority of 680 users are happy with the latest Palm updates, but we will never know as you mainly hear from those with problems.

If you really are at the end of your tether, have you tried a Hard Reset and then re-install all your 3rd party apps from fresh copies that you have re-downloaded.

I've done that recently and my 680 is so much better. Pre update problems have gone away. The problem is that Palms tend to get clogged up with left over bits and it causes all sorts of problems.

I've done a hard reset before and after the update ....
    I've done a hard reset before and after the update ....
    .... And re-installed all your software from new, not in one go from your hotsync back up or SD backup ?
    Thought of the day :
    I think it was a clever ploy by Palm to get a whole bunch of us using their new, BUGGY firmware -- so that we get all frustrated, give up and just buy the next generation Treos!

Last edited by mhzimmer; 01/31/2008 at 09:52 PM. Reason: error
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    .... And re-installed all your software from new, not in one go from your hotsync back up or SD backup ?
    Yes indeed. Would never re-sync my old files back to my new firmware.
    Yes indeed. Would never re-sync my old files back to my new firmware.
    Sounds like you did everything right
    Thought of the day :