Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried it?

I tried it myself and it works
    will post some pictures later, don't have camera right now

Flashed originally Telus 700p (was using Sprint 700p 1.10 MR) into 755p Sprint 1.04MR

You need to get the following (ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK)

1) romupdater.prc (its in the SD 700p updater. I did **not** try the 755p updater)
    2) run romupdater, it should say "VENT" and "DVT", if you do not see that DVT, do not flash!!! (VERY IMPORTANT)
    3) d/l my file and put it in SD card under directory \ROM
    4) charge battery, FULL BACKUP!!, run romupdater and type 'ventura'

The radio rom can also be updated, but it becomes version 176. Will see if there are differences later on.

You get the new icons like
    1) My Treo
    2) Bejeweled
    3) Get Nuance
    4) GoogleMaps
    5) IM
    6) Sprint Store
    (Thats the difference I saw between the 700p and 755p version)
    As to the A2DP bluetooth in the options, I did not see that and I don't have A2DP to try.
    (but you can get Voice gateway working and use your computer as a bluetooth headset cool)

Also I don't use SMS so I don't see any difference there also.

http://rapidshare.com/files/88032709...p1-04.rar.html
    Last edited by kocoman; 01/31/2008 at 04:39 AM.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Interesting.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I have a couple of VZW treo 700ps. I see that your update is for Sprint. do you know if it will work on a VZW treo? I would love to have a few of the Sprint apps like the IM client.

If it doesn't work, can the Sprint apps be "split" from the update and installed separately?

Thanks!!
    RT
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Is there any more brave souls out there that are willing to try this on their 700P? Im afraid of breaking my Treo
    I could try it on my unused 700p tonight. Although I wont be able to confirm any voice or data improvements since it isnt activated.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Thats a start!
    Does it fix the lag?
  8.    #8  
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    So do you think Palm will eventually have an official update for the Treo 700P? If its compatible why not release it for both?
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post

Oh Im soooooooooooo tempted.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    As am I... But I'm guessing flashing back to the working 1.10 is probably impossible. And I need a working Treo.. Are any of the seen 755p (lag reduction and such) results seen?
  12.    #12  
    Palm never released the 700p MR for Telus/Alltel/Bell/ etc as of today still. and its End of life already for 700p. so its up to you.

you can still flash back to after 1.10 if you want. I have the file I can upload if requested.
    kocoman, did you use the phone and data connection successfully? Can you upload pics of actual phone in use or data connection active?
    Has anyone tried it?

You need to get the following (ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK)

1) romupdater.prc (its in the SD 700p updater. I did **not** try the 755p updater)
    2) run romupdater, it should say "VENT" and "DVT", if you do not see that DVT, do not flash!!! (VERY IMPORTANT)
    I'm not finding the romupdater.prc in the sprint1.10SD update? I only find romupdater.bprc. Is that the same? do I need to rename it? Do I run romupdater from the sd card or memory?

Is the rest of the SD card blank besides your download in the \ROM directory?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Hi all,
    I read here on occasion, but I just wanted to let you know, I successfully installed Kocoman's rom on my Sprint 700p this afternoon. So far, it's ran stable. I did clean install of all my apps after the update. I'm going to see how it performs over the next few days. I did notice a speed up & I also noticed several of the bugs in the 700p 1.10 ROM have been fixed. I'll post an update after I've ran it for a few days. Kocoman, thanks for the update! One quick question, even though I noticed the differences in the rom, it still states it's the 1.10 ROM. Is that intentional? Thanks. Take care.

-----
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by kb7sqi View Post
    Hi all,
    I read here on occasion, but I just wanted to let you know, I successfully installed Kocoman's rom on my Sprint 700p this afternoon. So far, it's ran stable. I did clean install of all my apps after the update. I'm going to see how it performs over the next few days. I did notice a speed up & I also noticed several of the bugs in the 700p 1.10 ROM have been fixed. I'll post an update after I've ran it for a few days. Kocoman, thanks for the update! One quick question, even though I noticed the differences in the rom, it still states it's the 1.10 ROM. Is that intentional? Thanks. Take care.

-----
    Steve
    Very cool. Looking forward to your findings. Maybe we can FINALLY get what we wanted out of our 700p Treos. Better late than never!
  17.    #17  
    I don't know why I also don't get the 'power dim' option in the power menu, (as well as the a2dp menu)

The version string is not changed when you use the rom updater.prc method. I do not know how to edit the string.

(So for me, even after all the 700p MR Sprint, 700p MR Sprint Verizon, and now 755p MR Sprint, the version string still shows v1.40 (For telus). Again, if you need to flash back the 1.10 rom I can send you the link. the SPL/IPL/BL are still the same, the only difference is the ROM itself. you can extract it manually with grack RomTool. I can give details about that too. but I also have a ready to run Verizon or Sprint 1.10 rom to upload if needed.. (I do not have any 1.06-pre MR roms for 700p)

As to the \rom question, you don't need a completely blank card. just a card that has enough space is ok. but make sure no microsd adapter etc.

Now have a lot of catching up to do in the 755p forums... in a sense we say goodbye to 700p
    If the 755p rom is working in a 700p device, I am sure the 700p update will be available within two weeks. It is similar to 680 Rom is available after the Centro update.

I think Palm is trying to fix all the problems of existing models to re-gain the confidence of all Palm fans. Also standardization of application is more easy for Palm to provide support and fix the bugs. I think the new Palm managment is doing a great job. The ways of managing things are totally different from the old Palm. We all see the updates posted during the last two months (Dec & Jan) are definitely more than the whole year of 2006 or 2007.
    Uhhhh... when will the rest of the instructions be posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    If the 755p rom is working in a 700p device, I am sure the 700p update will be available within two weeks. It is similar to 680 Rom is available after the Centro update.

I think Palm is trying to fix all the problems of existing models to re-gain the confidence of all Palm fans. Also standardization of application is more easy for Palm to provide support and fix the bugs. I think the new Palm managment is doing a great job. The ways of managing things are totally different from the old Palm. We all see the updates posted during the last two months (Dec & Jan) are definitely more than the whole year of 2006 or 2007.

Uhhhhhhhh I HIGHLY doubt Palm will be posting anything for the 700P. Its past its EOL. Dont get me wrong. I wish they would but I doubt it.
    There is no spoon.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast