Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Can someone clarify if this is correct procedure to revert back to Sprint 700P 1.10:

Extract the files from post 1 in "The Easy Way" thread to a blank/formatted SD card (should be a ROM folder and a Palm folder).

In the above Restore Pack file, go into the ROM folder, ignoring the first .rar file, extract the remaining 8 files into the ROM folder already on the SD card (overwriting the files already there).

Insert the SD card and launch romupdater and make sure the screen says "VENT" and "DVT".

Type ventura on a blank line and hit enter.

Is this correct?
    To answer my own question, and anyone else out there that may be wondering the same, I performed what is stated in the quoted post and all went well, I'm back to the 700P 1.10 ROM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    NachoB,

Why did you revert back? I finally bit the bullet last week and flashed my 700p to 755p. Honestly, I can't tell any difference. Blazer may even be worse. BT may be a little better syncing with my car, but not sure. I am debating going to 800w (not thrilled about Windows) or Instinct. Most likely will hold out for the new Palm OS next year.
    I've been having this problem with my phone going into provisioning mode quite frequently (once a day, sometimes 2-3 times, and sometimes it'll go 2-3 weeks and not do it at all). It actually started with the 700P 1.10 update last year and has persisted even with the 755 ROM. So I thought I'd give reverting back a shot and see if it stops. If it doesn't then I'm going to see if they'll replace this with a 755. Don't want to have the 755 ROM on here when I do that so I'm killing two birds with one stone so to speak.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I think I bricked my 700p.... It reboots, doesn't even stay 1 second on... I can get to the Update ROM Image? and after that to the 0.18 bootloader screen, what are my options now?
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
    I think I bricked my 700p.... It reboots, doesn't even stay 1 second on... I can get to the Update ROM Image? and after that to the 0.18 bootloader screen, what are my options now?
    You could do a *.nb0 flash (see ebag333's/nightraven's posts), but I have to make a sepcial one (via some overwriting etc) for you if you want to do it in a 700p. Also its never tried before. Don't know when I will have it ready for you.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789