Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    The Auto-answer doesn't work. you will get error message like "The dial button was not found"

I use both lightwav and callfilter
    Thanks!!

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    Thanks man. And it's working well???

Thanks...
    Just as with the other 2 ROMS. Although I am experiencing unrelated problems with the 755p rom update.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    Yeah, probably not, forgot its in ROM.
    Anyone figure this out yet. My daughter sends me pictures alot. I am not even receiving them now.

Thanks
    I believe this has been asked before, but is there a way to upgrade to the 1.07 version?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Kocoman, I would like to talk to you about a project i am tryin. I want to convert a Flash a Centro to 755. please PM me
  6.    #146  
    My PM is disabled, I don't have a centro unit as I live in Canada and it does not 'exist' or its rom image to 'test' anything..

plus the device is a bit different

1) usb port (no diag?)
    2) modem is msm7500 which uses meid
    3) hardware version is ?

ask beezlewaxin or randomwit would be better..
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Has anyone yet had any problems with a Sprint 700P flashed to 755P? I've gone through the thread and haven't found any notes of problems, but I did want to ask before doing it.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Another question: Is there a way of doing this with the 755P ROM update downloaded from Sprint? (Maybe just changing some filenames and the ROMUpdater?) I don't want to illegally download a custom ROM.
  9.    #149  
    I think you should go over the (both..) threads. We had at least 5 people upset over some issues.. and bricked units too.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Thank you for your work. I'm using alltel 755p and what if I wanna update my device with the sprint 1.07 rom? please specify the key differents from updating 700p to 755p,many thanks!
  11. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    RESTORE PACK BACK TO 700p SPRINT (\ROM) 1.10 and Verizon 1.10 (needs rename to ROM) ONLY
    (only difference between Verizon 1.10_MR and Verizon 1.10-MR is the Modem firmware. (to fix the Data 3000 error)

ACTUAL 700p to 755P 1.07 update at FIRST THREAD..!! not this one!
    Please don't flash this one then ask me why its still a 700p.

Please only download if you want to REVERT
    http://rapidshare.com/files/91097381...rroms.rar.html

thanks
    ...without having to try to find the damn cats? That site has never heard of visual disabilities or section 508 (not that it applies as it isn't a US site....
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by pruss View Post
    Has anyone yet had any problems with a Sprint 700P flashed to 755P? I've gone through the thread and haven't found any notes of problems, but I did want to ask before doing it.
    Only thing I was really disappointed with was that you cant use the instant messaging (IM) software from the 755p flash.

I was looking forward to it.

P.S. I got inpatient, and BRICKED my first one... luckily I had sprint phone insurance for $7 / month, but I took the chance again with my replacement and it worked fine. So once you get it going, be patient and don't stop it after you've started it.
    Just wanted to be clear this will work on a Telus 700P with out messing up my carrier settings correct?
    Has anyone tried it?

I tried it myself and it works
    will post some pictures later, don't have camera right now

Flashed originally Telus 700p (was using Sprint 700p 1.10 MR) into 755p Sprint 1.04MR

You need to get the following (ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK)

1) romupdater.prc (its in the SD 700p updater. I did **not** try the 755p updater)
    2) run romupdater, it should say "VENT" and "DVT", if you do not see that DVT, do not flash!!! (VERY IMPORTANT)
    3) d/l my file and put it in SD card under directory \ROM
    4) charge battery, FULL BACKUP!!, run romupdater and type 'ventura'

The radio rom can also be updated, but it becomes version 176. Will see if there are differences later on.

You get the new icons like
    1) My Treo
    2) Bejeweled
    3) Get Nuance
    4) GoogleMaps
    5) IM
    6) Sprint Store
    (Thats the difference I saw between the 700p and 755p version)
    As to the A2DP bluetooth in the options, I did not see that and I don't have A2DP to try.
    (but you can get Voice gateway working and use your computer as a bluetooth headset cool)

Also I don't use SMS so I don't see any difference there also.

http://rapidshare.com/files/88032709...p1-04.rar.html
    I think I need to be spoon fed with this . Lost as heck! Can you please be patient with me and really explain this easier step by step. Sorry Guys and thanks in advance.

Ok, this is a great post . I really want to try this, but need you to explain it a little better . I downloaded the 700p stuff and the 755p stuff. I put the extracted 700p stuff on my sd card. Now there is where i get confused. The romupdater.prc?? What is the correct file name? The "vent" and "DVT"... I saw 2 files in there with "dvt" in there names and none with "vent" in it. Then on step 3 you said downloaded my file. I assume you mean the 755p file. What is the file you downloaded? Then there is no folder that says Rom on the SD card. Just need it put a little more in layman's terms. I'm a rookie doing this and don't want to mess up my phone. This is the exact topic I was looking for. Just need some help doing it. Thanks for the help.
  15. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeddawgy View Post
    I think I need to be spoon fed with this . Lost as heck! Can you please be patient with me and really explain this easier step by step. Sorry Guys and thanks in advance.

Ok, this is a great post . I really want to try this, but need you to explain it a little better . I downloaded the 700p stuff and the 755p stuff. I put the extracted 700p stuff on my sd card. Now there is where i get confused. The romupdater.prc?? What is the correct file name? The "vent" and "DVT"... I saw 2 files in there with "dvt" in there names and none with "vent" in it. Then on step 3 you said downloaded my file. I assume you mean the 755p file. What is the file you downloaded? Then there is no folder that says Rom on the SD card. Just need it put a little more in layman's terms. I'm a rookie doing this and don't want to mess up my phone. This is the exact topic I was looking for. Just need some help doing it. Thanks for the help.
    ...go to the other thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=160354 and download that file.

Get a clean SD card - nothing on it. Quick format it for good measure.

Unzip the contents of the above file onto your clean SD card.

Backup the contents of your 700p onto a different SD card using a card such as nvbackup (nvbackup is a free backup program)

Do a hard reset on your 700p. To do a hard reset remove the battery and hold down the red power button as you reinsert the battery. Let go of the red button when the ACCESS logo comes up. Push the "up" button on the 5-way when prompted.

Once the 700p has reset, insert the SD card with the unzipped files.

Make sure that you have the phone plugged in.

Turn your 700p on - it should show one program on the card. Select it (ROMupdater)

You'll see a screen of text (including the the 'vent" and the "DVT"

Scroll to the bottom and type the word "ventura" (without the quotes)

Do something else for about an hour. Leave the room, go have dinner, make whoopie with your spouse - do anything but stare at your phone.

Your phone will reset and shut down when the update is done.

Restore your backup and you're good to go...
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeddawgy View Post
    Try the other thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...700p+755p+easy
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    ...go to the other thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=160354 and download that file.

Get a clean SD card - nothing on it. Quick format it for good measure.

Unzip the contents of the above file onto your clean SD card.

Backup the contents of your 700p onto a different SD card using a card such as nvbackup (nvbackup is a free backup program)

Do a hard reset on your 700p. To do a hard reset remove the battery and hold down the red power button as you reinsert the battery. Let go of the red button when the ACCESS logo comes up. Push the "up" button on the 5-way when prompted.

Once the 700p has reset, insert the SD card with the unzipped files.

Make sure that you have the phone plugged in.

Turn your 700p on - it should show one program on the card. Select it (ROMupdater)

You'll see a screen of text (including the the 'vent" and the "DVT"

Scroll to the bottom and type the word "ventura" (without the quotes)

Do something else for about an hour. Leave the room, go have dinner, make whoopie with your spouse - do anything but stare at your phone.

Your phone will reset and shut down when the update is done.

Restore your backup and you're good to go...

Thanks for the instructions . That is what I needed. Hope this helps others. You rock man.

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Thanks, I found it and got it to work. Cant get the Instant messenger to work though. It says Its not authorized to run on this device after I downloaded it!???? ... Any ideas with this problem guys? You guys are awesome!!!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Kocoman
    I joined Treocentral just to contact you. I can't PM (I think it's because I'm new but oh well)
    VZW finally pushed out a 755 MR update. We at (oh god I'm going to get sooooo flamed for this) MTDN and VZW here at Treocentral need your help.
    In your thread there you said this was the best place to get in touch with you but I also PM'd you over there
    here is my Thread. And (if I can start a thread here :? ) I'll start one here too (or maybe have Wayne do it). Pleeeeeeeeeze help us VZW users find out if it is possible
    Thank you
    MiDoJo
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    Kocoman
    I can't PM (I think it's because I'm new but oh well)
    He's got it turned off.

My PM is disabled,
    RESTORE PACK BACK TO 700p SPRINT (\ROM) 1.10 and Verizon 1.10 (needs rename to ROM) ONLY
    (only difference between Verizon 1.10_MR and Verizon 1.10-MR is the Modem firmware. (to fix the Data 3000 error)

ACTUAL 700p to 755P 1.07 update at FIRST THREAD..!! not this one!
    Please don't flash this one then ask me why its still a 700p.

Please only download if you want to REVERT
    http://rapidshare.com/files/91097381...rroms.rar.html

thanks
    Can someone clarify if this is correct procedure to revert back to Sprint 700P 1.10:

Extract the files from post 1 in "The Easy Way" thread to a blank/formatted SD card (should be a ROM folder and a Palm folder).
    In the above Restore Pack file, go into the ROM folder, ignoring the first .rar file, extract the remaining 8 files into the ROM folder already on the SD card (overwriting the files already there).
    Insert the SD card and launch romupdater and make sure the screen says "VENT" and "DVT".
    Type ventura on a blank line and hit enter.

Is this correct?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast