Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Alright, I was sitting here documenting what was happening when I still couldnt get the data to work. I was getting error messages when I tried connecting all the time. when I decided to delete the duplicate Service profile, I found 2 that said it was built in. I tried to connect to one with no luck, tried the other with no luck. then decided to try again, and now data is working. Hope vzn doesnt start charging me for some other type of data usage on this even though I have the unlimited data plan. haha.

THANKS agani Kocoman and TJSunDevil for the help!

Another question though: anyway to get the Wireless Sync that verizon has after you change to 755? I usually use that to sync up my contacts, calender, etc.
    Last edited by patchan2701; 03/06/2008 at 10:02 AM.
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchan2701 View Post
    Alright, I was sitting here documenting what was happening when I still couldnt get the data to work. I was getting error messages when I tried connecting all the time. when I decided to delete the duplicate Service profile, I found 2 that said it was built in. I tried to connect to one with no luck, tried the other with no luck. then decided to try again, and now data is working. Hope vzn doesnt start charging me for some other type of data usage on this even though I have the unlimited data plan. haha.

THANKS agani Kocoman and TJSunDevil for the help!

Another question though: anyway to get the Wireless Sync that verizon has after you change to 755? I usually use that to sync up my contacts, calender, etc.
    You need to tell us what error messages? (and codes like 0x????), its the same thing when you go through tech support.

As to Wireless Sync, I am not on USA network so I don't know what it is for

Has anyone been able to http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1332161
    run the "SprintTV on Voyager" on other networks?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Kocoman, i dont really remember which error messages i got. i just somehow got the data to connect after trying about 3 times.

I tried the link you posted and it works on my treo. I typed the link in the web browser and it will load up the kinoma player for streaming video.
    Tried flashing my friend's 700p with the original SprintPCS Roms (v1.06??) with this update and after the flash and reset, I kept getting a lengthy "Rom update failed"-type message. The update had to take as Bejeweled appeared in the apps list. Long story short, I had to flash the v1.10 ROMS and then flash this update to prevent that message. His 700p is now working great after he did a restoration hotsync.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Add me to the list of happy 700-755p converters! Definitely adds stability and speed!

Thanks Kocoman.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Ok I have Verizon, did the update everything works but I am roaming. I am confused on how the cdmafirwareupdater files, .oprc and bprc work. They don't run from the device. Am I missing a step, do I run them with another file.

Thanks for the help

Hey Kocoman,

Thanks for the reply. From the Verizon MR file i dl, the file name was actually CDMAFirmwareUpdater_enUS.oprc in there. not sure if that would make any difference to it, but i used that with the fireware updater and that fixed the problem. I noticed if i dialed into the Verizon OTA service to update the PRL, it will cause my phone to go back to roaming.

I'm currently still working on fixing the data problem right now. I'll post back again if i get stuck or if i get any results. Thanks again Kocoman!

EDIT:

I went to ##DATA with my MSL, before i converted. the only information i was able to get out of it was:
    Primary NGG
    Primary Port
    Secondary Port

Everything else was blank. And I only had Browser in the pulldown menu.
    When i tried to reconfigure, The Primary info was the same, I just changed the secondary port. Data is still not working. In the phone info screen, its showing PCS Vision Username. Anyway I can change this back to the Verizon User name?
  7. jp7
    First, kudos to kocoman and lovedatreo for outstanding work and for sharing with us all free of charge. You guys are great.

I flashed my Verizon 700p to 755p firmware successfully. I had to do a manual hard reset first, then load romupdater and the 2 cdmafirmwareupdater files onto the 700p.

After flashing successfully, I then ran the Verizon CDMAfirmwareupdater files to avoid the roaming problem some others had here. I had a heck of a time getting data access - I had to create another data profile, then select the original data profile, and then it worked. For whatever reason, it wouldn't work with only the original, even though it could never use the newly created one either.

The firmware makes a huge difference - the Treo is stable, speedy, reliable, and feels more like one would expect from an expensive device that holds your entire life in its hands. Net access was faster as well as device response switching between apps, etc.

Some drawbacks - you will have a lot of Sprint-branded stuff you can't access cluttering up your Treo. There are ways to hide the icons, but the programs themselves will remain unless you want to try custom ROMs. The Network prefs setting shows Sprint's provisioning setup, not Verizon's - it has a space for a PCS Vision username, for example, but no place for the equivalent Verizon data. Also, although you will be on the VZW network and "Verizon Wireless" will display on the phone screen, Verizon OTA programming and PRL updates will not work. At least, they didn't for me. Neither did #BAL, #MIN, etc. I also had trouble getting USBModem to work, but I'm not sure if that's due to the ROM or due to me being 2 versions behind on the USBmodem program - I'm getting an updated version soon.

Regardless, it was well worth it and I found the drawbacks easier to live with than the hair-pullingly obnoxious lag and resets of the 700p firmware.

However, I decided to revert to the 700p firmware because I only have 2 months under the New Every Two program and I can just buy an actual 755p at a discount. Then I can work on slapping some Centro goodies on that Otherwise I definitely would have kept it on.

Anyone else who reverts: you will need another manual hard reset, the romupdater, and the last verizon-rom folder in kocoman's verizon 700p rom file. Don't forget to unzip the rom first.

Thanks again to kocoman and lovedatreo! You guys rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Has anyone been able to http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1332161
    run the "SprintTV on Voyager" on other networks?
    I'm on Verizon.

I tried typing into blazer, but no luck. If you type the whole "<channel name="MSNBC" href="rtsp://live.mobitv.com:554/1-CDMA.sdp" type="video/3gpp">" in, it gives a "Cannot Find Requested Page" error.

I also tried typing in "rtsp://live.mobitv.com:554/1-CDMA.sdp" to Blazer, and it opens in Kinoma, but I got a "Networking Error":
    No media packets received. Your carrier, ISP, or firewall may be blocking incoming UDP traffic, which is required for RTSP streaming. Try selecting TCP in the RTSP Preferences dialog. You can also open Kinoma (I have Kinoma 4 EX) and type in the URL there, and get the same error.
    I did go into Streaming Preferences and change "Stream RTSP using" to TCP (from UDP) but got the same message.
    In both cases, it starts connecting, then goes to buffering 0% before giving that error message.

Update: I also tried changing the "RTSP Port" setting to 554 and 7070, and got the same error for 554, and a "socket closed by peer (0x1214)" message for 7070.
  9. jp7
    According to the original Howard forums thread, MobiTV finally implemented IP filtering so only Sprint customers can access their content. If you have a Sprint device, then I guess you can probably still get in without paying, or if you spoof your IP to appear to be Sprint.
    Is googlemaps built into this ROM? So if we did the upgrade, then restored from backup, we would have two instances of gmaps?

edit: that seems to be the case as I just deleted gmaps from app menu and yet it still is there/works
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Ok -- Testing update report on the Kocoman rom hack for the 700p.

There seem to be problems with this update on my 700p and I have confirmed the problems on my friend's who I also updated.

At first, things seem to be better for awhile. But then...

- Bluetooth range has become more limited since the flash. We are both using a Motorola H300 headset.

- Unexplained random bluetooth blackouts during a call in progress. That is, the person on the other end will get stutter-type dropouts at very random intervals (may be related to the previous problem). These did not happen before the 755p rom flash.

- Phone drops calls a lot more frequently. Seems to be having trouble with tower hand-offs as it only happens while driving.

- Still a some long pauses when going in & out of Blazer.

Perhaps some of this is because only one of the ROMS was updated? Any ideas?

I actually just ran into my first problem while running the 755 flash. I have verizon and when i tried sending a picture message, my treo would just reboot everytime I hit send. Anyone else have this problem too and/or know how to fix this?
    I actually just ran into my first problem while running the 755 flash. I have verizon and when i tried sending a picture message, my treo would just reboot everytime I hit send. Anyone else have this problem too and/or know how to fix this?
    Yep, same problem here. No idea how to fix it. Seeing as I send picture messages about once in about never, not a big deal to me. You could just send the picture in an e-mail. I think most carriers have e-mail addresses that will send to text, for example, on Verizon its <your #>@vtext.com.
    Maybe install the messaging app from the 700p?
    theres a way to install the messaging app from the 700p?

I usually dont use pix messaging either, just so happened i was trying to send one today and ran into this problem. havent really ran into anything else otherwise in the past month.
    Last edited by patchan2701; 03/17/2008 at 01:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    kocoman:

Thank you so much for the 755 uplift!! I only installed the first uplift (1.04) because it looks like there are some horror stories with 1.07 update and my Treo works better than it ever has with your files from the other post. I'm worried that it won't work this well if I take another chance to move to 1.07...comments??

Also, and this is a little off-topic but, I see you are using Callfilter. Does this actually work well on our new 755s? If so, what version number of Callfilter do you use? (I ask because I don't think it has been updated since the 650 days...)

Thanks again. My 700P/755P has never worked better.

3 resets in 18 days...and couldn't be happier about it,

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    I'm using CallFilter 1.3.2 beta 1.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    I'm using CallFilter 1.3.2 beta 1.
    Thanks man. And it's working well???

Thanks...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    theres a way to install the messaging app from the 700p?

I usually dont use pix messaging either, just so happened i was trying to send one today and ran into this problem. havent really ran into anything else otherwise in the past month.

Yeah, probably not, forgot its in ROM.
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    kocoman:

Thank you so much for the 755 uplift!! I only installed the first uplift (1.04) because it looks like there are some horror stories with 1.07 update and my Treo works better than it ever has with your files from the other post. I'm worried that it won't work this well if I take another chance to move to 1.07...comments??

Also, and this is a little off-topic but, I see you are using Callfilter. Does this actually work well on our new 755s? If so, what version number of Callfilter do you use? (I ask because I don't think it has been updated since the 650 days...)

Thanks again. My 700P/755P has never worked better.

3 resets in 18 days...and couldn't be happier about it,

SMEGGIE
    The Auto-answer doesn't work. you will get error message like "The dial button was not found"

I use both lightwav and callfilter
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast