Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 165
  1. #81  
    I just ran this on my Sprint 700p and restored everything successfully using NVBackup. Everything going good so far. I will play with it and post any anomalies.

    Sprint PCS user since 1999

    -=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by wink100 View Post
    I will wait until the rocket scientist on this board figure this out. I am willing to try, but feeling a bit overwhelmed.
    Ditto...can someone simplify this procedure?
  3. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Ditto...can someone simplify this procedure?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=160354
  4. #84  
    Cool..thanks...gonna brick or update it tomorrow...
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    how did you use the 700p Rom Updater with the 755 data exactly??
    I downloaded the latest ROM updater from PALM site (for the 700p) and extracted the contents. I grabbed the files kocoman mentions in one of his posts (had to rename them). After I did a hard reset of the device I installed the romupdater (and english file) on the device. I inserted the flash card (having already followed the steps in the first post of this thread). Clicked on the romupdater application. Typed in 'ventura'.. waited...
  6. #86  
    Thanks for the clarifications. I got it loaded on my 700p and it's definitely running better. Haven't tried BT yet (it blew out all of my set-up devices). One HUGE benefit is that those obnoxious system tones introduced by the 1.10 update are gone! I've also noticed that it doesn't grind to a halt trying to acquire a signal and, therefore, battery life is not sucked dry if you're in a bad signal area (I haven't had a chance to really test this, but that's my casual observation over the last two days).

    What frosts me, however, is that Palm simply stuck the guts of the crap 700p into a new device and gave it colors and a new name. I know the timeline for new devices is not overnight, but they certainly knew about the s#!tstorm surrounding the 700 when they released the 755. What's sad is that this could almost have been done overnight since the only changes were cosmetic.

    But at least it's working better now - hey, only 21 months after I got it. Now just waiting patiently for the 2G iPhones or something else that's not made by Palm.

    Thanks kokoman for showing the way and to everyone else for helping sort out the process.
  7. estroh's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    #87  
    All of my programs are working except SMS Scheduler so far
  8. #88  
    The other thing I noticed is that the EV-DO radio doesn't go dead/disconnected for no reason as introduced with the MR.....not yet at least....
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    The other thing I noticed is that the EV-DO radio doesn't go dead/disconnected for no reason as introduced with the MR.....not yet at least....
    You can force the connection alive by pinging (from your home computer) to the Treo (see Network, Network Log for your IP) every 5 seconds. but that would eat up your data cap. so you would need unlimited because it would be I think 25 or 50mb a day of ping data with a "ping -n 5 yourtreoIP"

    With EVDO, calls can still come in while data is active, it just 'times out' the data till you disconnect the voice call
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    You can force the connection alive by pinging (from your home computer) to the Treo (see Network, Network Log for your IP) every 5 seconds. but that would eat up your data cap. so you would need unlimited because it would be I think 25 or 50mb a day of ping data with a "ping -n 5 yourtreoIP"

    With EVDO, calls can still come in while data is active, it just 'times out' the data till you disconnect the voice call
    OK..if you say so...i"ll just keep with the 755 update...it fixed the problem....so far
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post

    you can still flash back to after 1.10 if you want. I have the file I can upload if requested.
    Kocoman, can you upload the 1.10 file so I can flash back... the softick audio gateway broke with the 755 conversion... I want to go back.

    THANKS!
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by hansbuehler View Post
    Kocoman, can you upload the 1.10 file so I can flash back... the softick audio gateway broke with the 755 conversion... I want to go back.

    THANKS!
    RESTORE PACK BACK TO 700p SPRINT (\ROM) 1.10 and Verizon 1.10 (needs rename to ROM) ONLY
    (only difference between Verizon 1.10_MR and Verizon 1.10-MR is the Modem firmware. (to fix the Data 3000 error)

    ACTUAL 700p to 755P 1.07 update at FIRST THREAD..!! not this one!
    Please don't flash this one then ask me why its still a 700p.

    Please only download if you want to REVERT
    http://rapidshare.com/files/91097381...rroms.rar.html

    thanks
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    RESTORE PACK BACK TO 700p SPRINT (\ROM) 1.10 and Verizon 1.10 (needs rename to ROM) ONLY
    (only difference between Verizon 1.10_MR and Verizon 1.10-MR is the Modem firmware. (to fix the Data 3000 error)

    ACTUAL 700p to 755P 1.07 update at FIRST THREAD..!! not this one!
    Please don't flash this one then ask me why its still a 700p.

    Please only download if you want to REVERT
    http://rapidshare.com/files/91097381...rroms.rar.html

    thanks
    Kocoman,

    I would love to have your help with a consistent BT crash since the update. I have posted more extensively in the other forum Treo 700p to 755P the easy way regarding my problem. I have tried numerous iterations of files to exclude and even downloaded NV backup last night and made a backup and selective restore and the same problems. I would be eternally indebted to you for your help if you could. I did have SAG but due to BT problems with the 700p uninstalled it ages ago. I simply cannot figure out what is causing my crash.

    Regards,

    Jim
  14. #94  
    has anyone on Verizon tried this?
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ View Post
    Kocoman,

    I would love to have your help with a consistent BT crash since the update. I have posted more extensively in the other forum Treo 700p to 755P the easy way regarding my problem. I have tried numerous iterations of files to exclude and even downloaded NV backup last night and made a backup and selective restore and the same problems. I would be eternally indebted to you for your help if you could. I did have SAG but due to BT problems with the 700p uninstalled it ages ago. I simply cannot figure out what is causing my crash.

    Regards,

    Jim
    I don't have any bluetooth headsets (regular or A2DP) myself. unless someone donates one to me.
    (If I was not a poor guy I would not have to hack phones/ESN, and just buy out another one instead of fixing with what I have)

    please ask someone else for the results.

    has anyone on Verizon tried this?
    As to Verizon. I myself is using Bell/Telus (canada) network (swap/repair ESN), and Sprint firmware is always ok for me. Sprint firmware has more ##DATA settings, ie: MMS, etc. and also was more stable than verizon (when I was using the 700p MRs). As of now, only Sprint firmware is available for download only. Palm changed their "No Update Needed" for the 700p MRs to "No Update" for all the other 4 carriers. so ie: for Telus/Bell/Alltel/Southbell, they would never have a MR anyways... and thats from a big company like Palm. its such unfair to people in Canada.., thats why I started to flash Sprint MR 700p, and now Sprint 755p into my 700p Palm to help others out because of big companies' business decisions.
    (Same goes for ESN changing and stuff. to prevent big companies from hurting our lifes because of a bad ESN)

    Again, its at your own risk. I've posted revert ventura ROMS (in few messages above) in case you need to go back.
    Since the 'version string' (in phone info) does not change, if Verizon MR does come out you should still be able to use the SDUpdater.
    Last edited by kocoman; 02/12/2008 at 03:53 PM.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  16. #96  
    [quote=kocoman;1409323]I don't have any bluetooth headsets (regular or A2DP) myself. unless someone donates one to me.
    (If I was not a poor guy I would not have to hack phones/ESN, and just buy out another one instead of fixing with what I have)

    please ask someone else for the results.

    Kocoman,

    This is not an issue of BT headset, I cannot even get to BT to configure it. Here is what I posted elsewhere.

    I upgraded as described by others here and things went beautifully. All my favorite medical applications worked and I was happy as could be. Tonight, however, I tried bluetooth for the first time and got a system reset. Tried it again and again and again and get the same system reset. The error message thrown is as follows:

    System Manager.c, Line 6919 Sys Link Stub() failed to load the string.

    I hard reset and reflashed the ROM and still get this message. My suspicion is a software conflict of some sort since I am able to see the BT configuration page after a hard reset and before a restore. When I restored, I did NOT restore the old BT settings. I would appreciate any help you may give.

    I was actually hoping to use your knowledge to help me define what this System Manager error is. All other programs work but when I click on the BT in the Launcher it soft resets. The other odd thing is that the phone will not automatically start up on line. I have to go to preferences->Network->connect and do it that way. Any suggestions?

    Regards,

    Jim
  17.    #97  
    This is not an issue of BT headset, I cannot even get to BT to configure it. Here is what I posted elsewhere.

    I upgraded as described by others here and things went beautifully. All my favorite medical applications worked and I was happy as could be. Tonight, however, I tried bluetooth for the first time and got a system reset. Tried it again and again and again and get the same system reset. The error message thrown is as follows:

    System Manager.c, Line 6919 Sys Link Stub() failed to load the string.

    I hard reset and reflashed the ROM and still get this message. My suspicion is a software conflict of some sort since I am able to see the BT configuration page after a hard reset and before a restore. When I restored, I did NOT restore the old BT settings. I would appreciate any help you may give.

    I was actually hoping to use your knowledge to help me define what this System Manager error is. All other programs work but when I click on the BT in the Launcher it soft resets. The other odd thing is that the phone will not automatically start up on line. I have to go to preferences->Network->connect and do it that way. Any suggestions?

    Regards,

    Jim
    2 suggestions...
    If it still happens after a hard reset (with nothing restored), then try the "revert roms" I posted at a few messages before your post.

    Silverdrgn (at the other 'easy thread' also had the same problem)

    Also shortly after the ventura upgrade, I started getting this (as did another poster):

    System Manager.c, Line 6919 Sys Link Stub() failed to load the string.

    I ended up doing another hard reset and reflashing my 700p with the official Sprint 1.10 ROM updater. Restored from backup and everything is back the way it was before I tried the ventura upgrade. I might try again sometime, but now I am wary of what it does.

    I tried BT on my computer with Treo, it paired ok, I even got to dial 611 and have the voice come out of my computer's speakers. but then after disconnect the BT is disconnected. (maybe its because of I am using Widcomm and not BlueSoeil. not sure yet)

    I am not into programming/disassembling Palm stuff yet. I still have a lot to learn about reading assembly in IDA

    Right now I am working on disassembling/reversing C++ stuff with hexrays for novatel evdo card.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  18. #98  
    OK, just in case people here are not aware of this. The comment "Right now I am working on disassembling/reversing C++ stuff with hexrays for novatel evdo card" makes kocoman a god. Of course, that is in case that was not obvious with the 755p on 700p thing.

    I am humbled and grateful...
  19. #99  
    After having used my 700p with this update for a few days, it makes me wonder what Palm has been smoking to not release this properly to the long-suffering 700p owners. It sounds like there are a few issues with some people's phones, but this is the longest I've gone in 21 months without wanting to spike it into a concrete wall.

    In addition to removing the irritating system tones imposed by the 1.10 update, my biggest thrill about this update has been the HUGE increase in battery life since the phone's not dragged down searching for a signal. Still does it somewhat, but not into a coma as it did before. I'm not sure if this is due to better signal reception (I'm pretty sure that's also the case - if such is possible from a software update) or better power management in weak signal areas. Either way, my battery life has been phenomenal over the last few days.

    Kokoman, you ROCK!
  20. #100  
    Let's pretend I still have faith and hope in Palm. Let's also pretend Palm will release this update for the Treo 700p.

    Given that people have posted they could not update from the pre-MR version of the 700p to this 755 ROM without updating to the 700p version 1.10 ROM first:

    If I install this 755 ROM on my 700p and then Palm releases an official 700p version of this update, will it be impossible to apply the official 700p update because my 700p will not be v1.10 anymore?

    I guess another way to state this would be: If I want to apply an official 700p update after I apply this 755 update, will I have to revert back to the official 700p MR v1.10 ROM first?

    (Bottom line is I need a reliable cell phone that works correctly. I could not care less what it is called -- 700p, 755, 727.5, mud, bob, flipper, etc.)

Posting Permissions