Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman View Post
    Uhhhh... when will the rest of the instructions be posted?
    That is the full instruction... which part seem to be missing? (The version strings part I don't know how to fix)

As to the EVDO work or not I can't test either because my phone is activated on a different network then the one it was intended. but the NAI strings still cannot be longer than "1234567890@blackberry.1x.bell.cc", while "1234567890@blackberry.1x.bell.c" works. It will give the "buffer too short error"

Also not fixed is the voice announce call in Lightwav over wired handsfree (see the smiley thread at mytreo if interested) still freezes when incoming call comes in

Also not fixed is connection to Picoblue access point.

I do not have any BT headset anymore (Expect computer voice gateway) to test the BT handsfree.

The firmware is a update, but is not at all the same as Centro. ie: does not have "DIAG or UPST menu".

So if you are thinking of (700p or 755p) or (700p or Centro) or (755p or Centro), your best choice would be Centro and not go 755p. since is the same hardware (expect bootloaders) inside.
    Last edited by kocoman; 02/01/2008 at 08:16 AM.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    not sure how to install this. I have the sorint update but I dont see the romuploader thing that you suggest. Also, Are we supposrd to extracct the rar first or put the actuall rar file in the rom dir. There is no rom dir in the sprint updater that I have previously.

I heard somwhere that just installing the update as if it were a 755 works also. IE. just download and install.

Also, I just want to understand that if i try this i can go back with the 1.10 update that I have from sprint. Do I need to do anything special or just install the file the way I did to initially upgrade.
    i guess i have another question. your file says 1.04 but the only download offered from palm is 1.07, am i missing somthing?
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    That is the full instruction... which part seem to be missing? (The version strings part I don't know how to fix)

As to the EVDO work or not I can't test either because my phone is activated on a different network then the one it was intended. but the NAI strings still cannot be longer than "1234567890@blackberry.1x.bell.cc", while "1234567890@blackberry.1x.bell.c" works. It will give the "buffer too short error"

Also not fixed is the voice announce call in Lightwav over wired handsfree (see the smiley thread at mytreo if interested) still freezes when incoming call comes in

Also not fixed is connection to Picoblue access point.

I do not have any BT headset anymore (Expect computer voice gateway) to test the BT handsfree.

The firmware is a update, but is not at all the same as Centro. ie: does not have "DIAG or UPST menu".

So if you are thinking of (700p or 755p) or (700p or Centro) or (755p or Centro), your best choice would be Centro and not go 755p. since is the same hardware (expect bootloaders) inside.
    i dont get it either....i got the 700p SD card update for windows xp off palms website, and i got your rar from rapidshare. now what do we do exactly?
  5.    #25  
    Sorry its 1.07 downloaded from Palm's site. I think I used the '"check your palm version" picture at palminfocenter's website' quoting it as 1.04 thats why I write it wrong

Just d/l 700p update, and get its romupdater.bprc and enus file and install it to the palm.

I did not include the romupdater in the zip because maybe the 755p updater works the same also? I will look into that someday.

my rapidshare file contains the 755p 1.07 rom (pdb zip merged to ONE file so romupdater can use it) I converted it with grack's romtool, and also bootloaders from 700p, that I removed the pdb headers with t3.jar myself.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    How do I install the romupdater.bprc and enus file to the palm? Do I just leave it on the SD card? And does the rom file stay zipped? In what directory do I move it to on the SD card?

Thanks.

Sorry its 1.07 downloaded from Palm's site. I think I used the '"check your palm version" picture at palminfocenter's website' quoting it as 1.04 thats why I write it wrong

Just d/l 700p update, and get its romupdater.bprc and enus file and install it to the palm.

I did not include the romupdater in the zip because maybe the 755p updater works the same also? I will look into that someday.

my rapidshare file contains the 755p 1.07 rom (pdb zip merged to ONE file so romupdater can use it) I converted it with grack's romtool, and also bootloaders from 700p, that I removed the pdb headers with t3.jar myself.

i got it to work! everything works perfect over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by secretanchitman View Post
    i got it to work! everything works perfect over here.
    Could you maybe describe how you got it to work?? The above directions aren't working for me. My ROM states it's version 44 instead of 22? (I've only done the release update to 1.10 sprint from last year).
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    How do I install the romupdater.bprc and enus file to the palm? Do I just leave it on the SD card? And does the rom file stay zipped? In what directory do I move it to on the SD card?

Thanks.
    Copy with mcfile/hotsync install prc etc
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by djroese33 View Post
    Could you maybe describe how you got it to work?? The above directions aren't working for me. My ROM states it's version 44 instead of 22? (I've only done the release update to 1.10 sprint from last year).
    Where are you getting 44 from? the "About Applications" or the romupdater?
  11.    #31  
    My last continuous reply for the day:

The reason why I don't post the 700p 1.10 Sprint or 700p 1.10 Verizon MR restore flash is because some people don't read and d/l the incorrect file.. then ask me why after the flash the phone is still 700p.
    the romupdater shows "ROM build 44" (Feb. 8, '07)

here are messages before/after:
    CheckLowRiderDeviceVersion: does not start with part type set to dulParMSysLow

ROM Image directory found on card. installing from there

[I type "ventura" then hit 'enter]

Preparing to update Ventura
    Verifying the image files...
    Validating /ROM/Ventura-ipl-dvt
    ...ERROR: Ventura image files corrupt or missing.
    ERROR: Aborting update
    Error (0x0007):Can't find file.

So it's looking for a component of the rom. I just have, on my SD card, a ROM directory at the root with the 'TorinoMR-Release-SPCS-Dev-enUS.rom' file in it.

I'm surely doing something stupid.. perhaps not doing a step that you figure is obvious (like renaming something). Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by djroese33; 02/02/2008 at 03:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Lets get uploading sum installable Roms for those of us that are not programmers please!! Start with verizon
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    hey guys, ill post detailed instructions later today or tomorrow. i had a sprint 700p 1.10 and after updating, it still says sprint 1.10, but i DO have all the 755p stuff though.

everything is way faster, and the lag is toned down by a lot. anything else i should look for?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by secretanchitman View Post
    hey guys, ill post detailed instructions later today or tomorrow. i had a sprint 700p 1.10 and after updating, it still says sprint 1.10, but i DO have all the 755p stuff though.

everything is way faster, and the lag is toned down by a lot. anything else i should look for?
    So just confirming - you have an activated Sprint 700p - had 1.10 and you did this upgrade and you are seeing dramatic performance boost? This is after a reload of all your software? Was it done via an NVBackup restore or one by one? You have no issues with Evdo or any other software? Just checking before I go ahead and take the plunge myself.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I'm actually curious if this rom update will help the bluetooth headset connectivity issues.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by djroese33 View Post
    the romupdater shows "ROM build 44" (Feb. 8, '07)

here are messages before/after:
    CheckLowRiderDeviceVersion: does not start with part type set to dulParMSysLow

ROM Image directory found on card. installing from there

[I type "ventura" then hit 'enter]

Preparing to update Ventura
    Verifying the image files...
    Validating /ROM/Ventura-ipl-dvt
    ...ERROR: Ventura image files corrupt or missing.
    ERROR: Aborting update
    Error (0x0007):Can't find file.

So it's looking for a component of the rom. I just have, on my SD card, a ROM directory at the root with the 'TorinoMR-Release-SPCS-Dev-enUS.rom' file in it.

I'm surely doing something stupid.. perhaps not doing a step that you figure is obvious (like renaming something). Thanks for any help.
    You need to put my rapidshare files in the \ROM and remove your 'TorinoMR-Release-SPCS-Dev-enUS.rom', the ventura-rom.zip is used instead which contains the 'TorinoMR-Release-SPCS-Dev-enUS.rom'. The romupdater will check the md5 and then unzip and flash. Go take a break when its flashing (it will not show progress bar etc) so wait for at least 15 mins
    The update is running. Here's what went wrong for me.. I've been using "Extract Now" for RARs because I like how it worked. BUT, for some reason, it was only extracting the large ROM file I mentioned above. When you mentioned "files", I knew something was wrong, so I tried winzip instead, and got everything that you packed.

Wish me luck, and thanks for your patience.

LATER: ran pretty quickly, and went perfectly. Thanks! Does seem faster.. now to put the 'stuf' back on.
    Last edited by djroese33; 02/02/2008 at 02:28 PM.
    Copy with mcfile/hotsync install prc etc
    The file extension is .bprc and .oprc - - they won't install with hotsync. shall I copy the bprc from the SD card in to main memory? or do I rename the .bprc on my computer to .prc and then install via hot sync?
    What is most curious to me is how few people are on this thread. Everyone must have moved on from the 700p by now. there used to be hundreds of people who would have jumped on this.

I'm hoping we get some more feedback from people who have done this... what works, everything? What is broken, anything?

Maybe I just need to be bold and do it myself.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast