Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have a couple of marks, guessing from my keys. Can i remove the screen protector that it comes with and install my own? Has anything else done this before?
    Sure, that is why the device comes with a screen protector. Ben
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Tried to remove the old one, couldn't....any tips?
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grant21 View Post
    I have a couple of marks, guessing from my keys. Can i remove the screen protector that it comes with and install my own? Has anything else done this before?
    Ben is probably right, I dont even have a Centro, but I had sort of got the idea that the protector the Centro comes with is not actually easily removable.

Removing many regular protectors is difficult enough, and doesnt always leave the removed plastic in the best of shape, so Im worried you might do even more damage to what you have on now, and then find out you have to live with it.

Ben doesnt specifically say he has actually done this - could you elaborate on yr experience Ben, or someone else who has done this?

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I saw the thread that said the screen protector is actually part of the screen and would have to be serviced to be removed.
    Eric "FerretBOY" T.
    Sprint Centro in Black - Stewie skin on top. (What the Deuce???)
    Running Lightspeed for battery and CPU boost.

"Welcome to Sprint . . . Sorry, you live in a backwater area that doesn't support EVDO . . . You lose . . . Please HOLD, while we place you on HOLD!!"

If G-D didnt want man to have a treo, he wouldnt give us opposable thumbs to type on its keyboard !
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretttt View Post
    I saw the thread that said the screen protector is actually part of the screen and would have to be serviced to be removed.
    You have to bring it to the store because the screen protector is inside of the phone's housing. It can be replaced but I'd call the store first to see if they even have them in stock.
    it has to be taken apart to get to the screen protector, and I think it's a pretty strong adhesive from what I remember reading. The thread is pretty old that had the pics of the breakdown.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Why on earth would you put your keys and your phone in the same pocket?
    c'mon...look at him. Would you expect more from him? Just kidding....
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    left long enough together, the keys WILL actually remove the problematic protector

..but, seriously, are people therefore putting all those Centro screen protectors for sale out there ON TOP of the "built-in" one?

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    My wife has a fairly new Centro directly from Sprint and it does not have a "built-in" one - it has one that did come on it, but it is not built-in.

Ben
    I thought most people here were adding screen protectors to their Centro? The screen you see on the Centro is the screen protector, not the screen. There is a Palm sticker on the screen when you get it but that's not what people are referring to. Apparently someone was able to remove the screen protector by accident when removing a screen protector he applied.
    they all come with one. You wouldn't notice it unless you took the phone apart. It's an extra layer on top of the touch screen. This topic was thoroughly discussed months ago here.

And many are adding their own screen protectors. Because once you do manage to scratch the built in one, since it's not user accessible, you're still kinda hosed. Doesn't really make a whole lot of sense except for the fact that the built in protector is a bit more durable than the touchscreen itself.

But good luck going to the sprint store with a scratched screen trying to get them to replace the protector stating that the manual states I don't need a screen protector because there is one built in. And since that's bull, you need to replace it.,
    I have a 3rd party on on top of what ever is already there, its good because any sweat or dirt you can just wipe off. If it scratches you can just peel it right off.
    You're not allowed to wipe dirt and sweat off the stock screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I have a 3rd party on on top of what ever is already there, its good because any sweat or dirt you can just wipe off.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    My wife has a fairly new Centro directly from Sprint and it does not have a "built-in" one - it has one that did come on it, but it is not built-in.

Ben
    They all have them built-in. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    You're not allowed to wipe dirt and sweat off the stock screen?
    Well it gets messed up, with one on top you can just pull it right off and clean it.