Page 1 of 27 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm just released a firmware update for the 755p. Here is the link:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...te/sprint.html

Those that make the update, please post here and let everyone know about issues. Thanks.

Stu

1/31/08 8:10 pm EST
    I've read through all the posts on this and several other forums and would like to sum up the assessment so far from users:

If you are doing the update make sure you follow all the instructions. Also make sure you backup everything before starting.

Here are the improvements reported:

1. Modest improvement in performance.
    2. Several ROM updates were noted:
    A) The embedded Kinoma in Blazer is updated from 1.03 to 1.04
    B) Versamail went from v3.5.4 to now v3.5.5 (please note that some 755p users have installed the Versamail update for the Centro, which may be a higher version).
    3. SMS has new Icons that indicate with green and orange arrows whether you the message was received or sent.
    4. The DTMF sounds that you hear when turning on the phone are no longer heard when the sound is turned off (they reportedly were heard even with the sound being off prior to the update).

Problems reported:
    1) Blutetooth Audio disappears from picklist
    2) SAG and Ptunes (4.06) have problems if you use the 1.17 or 1.18 version of SAG, but works well if you use the 1.15 version of SAG.
    3) If you've done a PRL update prior to the update, you may need to do another after the update.
    4) One user reported that Slingplayer was not restored (although this may be caused by the backup app).
    Last edited by Treo Musketeers; 02/01/2008 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Update Notes
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Just updated mine using the SD Card method and restored using Resco Backup. Everything went smoothly. Blazer seems a bit faster, and switching between programs seems to be a bit more snappy. Other than that I haven't noticed any other changes/enhancements.
    so far i've come across the following 2 changes:

http://x8d.xanga.com/1e2c20043613317...w129912371.bmp
    Green/orange-ish directional arrows for texts. green for incoming, orangish for outgoing.

http://xde.xanga.com/f31c27010013317...w129912722.bmp
    Under BlueTooth>Options... there was Bluetooth Audio. now the option has disappeared from my menu. i tried it twice, it came back, disappeared, then came back and is now gone. It appeared to be A2DP software but i have no means of testing it now, all the resets in the world havent brought the menu function back, as well as BT on/off, visible/invisible, etc doesnt work to bring the menu item back that simply said "Bluetooth Audio"
    Quote Originally Posted by EazyE View Post
    so far i've come across the following 2 changes:

http://x8d.xanga.com/1e2c20043613317...w129912371.bmp
    Green/orange-ish directional arrows for texts. green for incoming, orangish for outgoing.

http://xde.xanga.com/f31c27010013317...w129912722.bmp
    Under BlueTooth>Options... there was Bluetooth Audio. now the option has disappeared from my menu. i tried it twice, it came back, disappeared, then came back and is now gone. It appeared to be A2DP software but i have no means of testing it now, all the resets in the world havent brought the menu function back, as well as BT on/off, visible/invisible, etc doesnt work to bring the menu item back that simply said "Bluetooth Audio"
    Wait until you see some of the new icons, and sms thread with pictures...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Sweet. Would anyone who's already done the update be so kind as to check and post the versions of the text messaging (options/about), versamail, blazer and bluetooth apps? That would be greatly appreciated.
    After hearing some horror stories about the 700P update is this something that has to be done if the Treo is working fine?
    It makes my Treo a bit snappier too

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I tried the update on my 700p and it works too

but I don't get the bluetooth audio menu
    will post the result in the 700p thread.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    try google locations beta . maybe that works now.

hope springs eternal.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I would think Google would have to release an update as well to work with the Treo.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    did people do the update via the card or Windows installation method without expansion card? I only have one minisd card that i use in phone... so instead of formatting i would like to do from PC but once again i remember my treo 700p days and there was a problem for when u updated via the non sd card way. The safe way might be to copy all the info from my card to PC then use the card for the update then copy all the info back to my card... hmmm

just the thought of making my treo a little snappier i would like to update and i wish the update had sms thread with pictures
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Okay, so I'm actually a 700p user, and since the 1.10 firmware on the 700p we've had a problem with DTMF tones sounding along with system sounds. I think I remember hearing this was an issue with the 755p at launch as well. Has anyone checked whether this update fixes that issue, or am I misremembering it being an issue for the 755p at all?
    Someone at 1SRC claims to have updated his 700p with this update.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Someone four posts back also claimed this.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Thank's for the tip. Not sure if it's good or bad that the laptop came along on vacation while my wife has meetings for work.
    I guess this will be the time to do a fresh install of everything (instead of restoring from backup).

EDIT - or not. Can't do the update with a Vista computer or a micro card in an adaptor. Guess I know what I'm doing when I get back home :-(
    Last edited by Theatre Booth Guy; 01/31/2008 at 08:36 AM. Reason: update
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
    Best way to update for me was:
    Back up all your data, reset & erase all your data, download Windows(no card)version, start the process, when done(30-40 mins)just restore all your data back. Runs perfect & smoothly.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've seen the posts about people getting it installed on the 700p, but I'm really wondering whether that particular issue has been fixed. If not, I probably won't bother unless something more important comes up, but if it IS fixed, I'd be very tempted to give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxFireX View Post
    Okay, so I'm actually a 700p user, and since the 1.10 firmware on the 700p we've had a problem with DTMF tones sounding along with system sounds. I think I remember hearing this was an issue with the 755p at launch as well. Has anyone checked whether this update fixes that issue, or am I misremembering it being an issue for the 755p at all?
    I no longer hear the DTMF sounds after turning the phone on as I used to on 1.04. With 1.04 I used to hear them even with the sound turned off.

However, much to my chagrin the battery charge calculation issue still exists- unplug and it drops to 98% to 96%, unless I am charging via USB. That's all wanted a fix for in the first place. grrrrrrr
    yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Someone four posts back also claimed this.
    LOL! It's too early for me!

I did the update, then a full restore from NVBackup of my old stuff.

At no time in the process (before, during, after various resets, hotsyncs, and backup restores) did I ever see the Bluetooth Audio Options pictured above.
    BTW, my Bluetooth Audio still showing..hasn't disappeared at all.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 1 of 27 12345611 ... LastLast