Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    yep white screen getting into blazer is still there and still takes just as long
    Ya, works for a day then reality sets in... kinda like bringing a girl home from a bar and waking up the next morning... harsh

Though everything else seems a little quicker, that or it's the placebo effect.

Blah blah blah... so boring Palm compared to the releases Samsung is putting out for my YP-P2 (which my Palm 755p doesn't work with btw... i should be able to use it as a headset and use it to dial numbers...)

thank god it's friday
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    So, after I did the SD card update on my "off Sprint" 755P, it no longer had my providers PRL. Makes sense since its a ROM update. Ill reload and update.

So if your provider is anyone other than Sprint youd better have your providers PRL, BitPim, QPST ready to go.
    Last edited by vjdupree; 02/01/2008 at 11:10 AM.
    i wonder why palm didnt make the treo 755 more like the centro, feature wise

the treo 755 is a more expensive phone, it just doesnt add up

http://blog.treonauts.com/2007/10/palm-centro-sof.html
    Quote Originally Posted by EazyE View Post
    so far i've come across the following 2 changes:

http://x8d.xanga.com/1e2c20043613317...w129912371.bmp
    Green/orange-ish directional arrows for texts. green for incoming, orangish for outgoing.

http://xde.xanga.com/f31c27010013317...w129912722.bmp
    Under BlueTooth>Options... there was Bluetooth Audio. now the option has disappeared from my menu. i tried it twice, it came back, disappeared, then came back and is now gone. It appeared to be A2DP software but i have no means of testing it now, all the resets in the world havent brought the menu function back, as well as BT on/off, visible/invisible, etc doesnt work to bring the menu item back that simply said "Bluetooth Audio"
    im wondering how you got the options in bluetooth. i went to prefs and tap bluetooth, i didn't see any options. all i can see is the on/off option, device name, visibility, done, setup devices and tips. when i pressed the drop down menu, only disable device name cache and about bluetooth manager. i want to update mine too.
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i wonder why palm didnt make the treo 755 more like the centro, feature wise

the treo 755 is a more expensive phone, it just doesnt add up

http://blog.treonauts.com/2007/10/palm-centro-sof.html
    there is no significant difference between the two. it's the form factor that looks different but what's inside, they're pretty the same.
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    yes they are close but if u read the link i posted there are some features that werent included in the new ROM release

turn off screen when on call
    launch favorite from any application
    updated versamail

to name a few
    You can install the Versamail 4.0 on 755p anyways.
    Papped.. unfortunately thats not the issue... I think we all kinda wish palm would pay a little more attention to the customers that paid a hell of a lot more for their phones then the centro users. I mean so far with out any word from palm this update really does nothing.
    "Centro has blazer 4.5.8?
    Which blazer version does the 755 have after the update? "

Ah, yes. blazer version 4.5 on the 755.

so what is the difference between the centro and the 755 regarding blazer?
    Relatively standard for any company though.

HTC Touch got apps and updates that the Mogul did not, particularly OZ IM (the same sms based one that the 755p has). Mogul users REALLY wanted this for a long time. They were only released what, 6 mo's apart? Support is driven by hype and sales, not price.

I care if the changes happen and are portable.
    I pass on this one... my 755 is running good, lag & reset free... it aint broke, u know the rest...
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I pass on this one... my 755 is running good, lag & reset free... it aint broke, u know the rest...
    TAKE NOTE:Prior to doing the update, my 755 reset 3 or 4 times since I received it when they first came out. It would sometimes grind to a halt, but not actually reset. POST MR Update, it has reset 5 times TODAY! While the interface is much more responsive, these resets remind me of the 700p problems. I would NOT do the MR again.
    So far I haven't had any problems at all after the update. I reinstalled everything manually because I didn't like the idea of doing a nvbackup restore from the old rom.

Everything works a bit smoother (waiting for a few days to see if it keeps up). I still haven't seen these mystical BT audio options though.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    So how many of you have the quicklaunch options?
    For those that do: How was your MR done?
    I dont on anyy of my 755s.
    I did two via SD and one via PC.
    I just installed the update yesterday and it was crashing at startup when I either restored from my SD card or from Hotsync. It works great with nothing installed but I narrowed the issue to my Contacts DB, which was corrupted. I will need to manually install my apps just to be safe..
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    So I did it and now I get a crash when I open Bluetooth. Oh why oh why did i do this??
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    So after the update my Gmail account quits working in VersaMail (version 4.0.1).
    I setup Gmail again, leaving the old account there too, and guess what......
    I now get the bar along the bottom again, like the old VersaMail.
    BUT I get the little circle on the other accounts.....
    My old Gmail is set up as a POP connection, the new one is set up as a IMAP.....

WTF over?
    Well, I finally got brave and took the plunge. I had pretty much the same experience as most other users here. Installation was relatively painless. I haven't seen much difference aside for the new sms icons and maybe a little less lag. One thing I did notice is that my PRL went down from ending in a 1 to ending in a 0 so ill have to call sprint for a update. Otherwise I'm just waiting to see any other differences like everyone else.
    If this is of any help to anyone I have been running the 1.06 version of this update since early November. While I didn't notice any radical differences my Treo was far more stable running the same software.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    that or it's the placebo effect.
    It's placebo effect.
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast