Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Do you use PdaNet or USB Modem?
    Bluetooth DUN
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    installing now.............
    Matty
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Here's what I get when I open the .exe file....any suggestions? There's more, but this is just a sample.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    <head>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="updater.css" type="text/css" />
    <hta:application SYSMENU="no" BORDER="thin" SCROLL="no" maximizebutton="no" WINDOWSTATE="normal" id="PalmInstallerHTA"
    applicationname="PalmInstallerHTA" caption="yes" icon="Graphics/Updater2.ico" showintaskbar="yes" singleinstance="yes" NAVIGABLE="yes"></hta:application>
    <script language="javascript" src="javascript.jsjsjs&$quot$; $type$=&$quot$;$text$/$javascript$&$quot$;&$gt$;&$lt$;/$script$&$gt$;
    <script language="javascript" src="updater.jsjsjs&$quot$; $type$=&$quot$;$text$/$javascript$&$quot$;&$gt$;&$lt$;/$script$&$gt$;
    <title></title>
    </head>
    I have a Mac and NO mini SD card. Am I totally s.o.l.? It's absurd that I have to buy yet ANOTHER piece of equipment just enjoy full functionality and up-to-date software. Pissin' me off.
    Well technically if you have access to any PC for a while you can do it.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishb View Post
    I have a Mac and NO mini SD card. Am I totally s.o.l.? It's absurd that I have to buy yet ANOTHER piece of equipment just enjoy full functionality and up-to-date software. Pissin' me off.
    I did two of mine with a micro and a adapter.
    No problems.
    With something as potentially "dangerous" as a ROM update, I'd hard reset the 755P first, then use a freshly formatted mini SD card to do the update with. After the update, I'd do another hard reset.
    The White screen of death still remains. It appeared that it was gone; however, this morning it took at least 30 seconds for blazer to open.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    I had to reinstall the Versamail for Centro v4.01 to get Gmail IMAP to work correctly. This slightly newer version of VM on the ROM update was no better then the previous.
    Matty
    The Bluetooth screen changes, do they appear when you are paired to a headset?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I had to reinstall the Versamail for Centro v4.01 to get Gmail IMAP to work correctly. This slightly newer version of VM on the ROM update was no better then the previous.
    Does 4.01 work as well after the update to the Treo? It's hard going back to the regular 755 VersaMail after using the better Centro version.

So far, my Treo 755 does not have the extra power option for turning the screen off during calls.
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
    The screen off option is misinformation according to Andrew over at the treonauts blog. You can stop looking for this option because it does not exist.

I did the update, but honestly, I have yet to see any real changes good or bad - so I am happy that the update didn't break anything....fingers crossed.
    Thanks egn - I'd not checked back at Treonauts since yesterday.

Found something else that seems new - got a text message and a female voice announced it!!
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Ugh, this didn't help with my white screen of death. That's all I was hoping for.
  15.    #135  
    Yeah, mine was pratically non-existent yesterday after I did the update, but its back as usual today. In fact, when I go to my 2Day screen it seems to take longer for the white screen to vanish then it did before. So much for the snappier performance. Grrrr
    godschoice, I think your right..maybe because its not a A2DP Headset? My headset is just the new lightweight Palm one...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I am beginning to wonder what it actually DID fix (other than the DTMF tones). My biggest concern at this point is only USB Modem. I don't think any of my other beefs can be addressed (like why the hell didn't Palm step up to BT 2.x?)
    I am currently upgrading from 1.06 to 1.07 as we speak; no problems at this time
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    The Bluetooth screen changes, do they appear when you are paired to a headset?
    My bluetooth screen goes in and out, but so far I've only seen it when I'm NOT paired with my car, but to clear that up even more, there are times I'm not paired to anything and I don't see it.

It seems hit or miss, but it's a minor caveat in my opinion. I assume the settings stay regardless of whether it's visible or not.

I wouldn't say mine feels any snappier or more stable, it's basically the same thus far. My Versamail STILL crashes regularly after doing a CTRL-L folder sync on my IMAP boxes. It only crashes when A LOT has changed in the folders requiring a large sync. It also only crashes when it's finished. It did this before and after and both with 3.5.5 and 4.01. It's not a biggy for me since I don't regularly do the CTRL-L and if I DO do it regularly it never crashes since the sync jobs remain small.

Overall restoring my Palm afterwards was simple. I just had to reinstall Slingplayer, the latest Ptunes update (4.0.6), and JVM for Opera. I have to reinstall those everytime I reset to defaults so it was nothing out of the ordinary. The restore function of the Palm OS is still 1000x more thorough than that of Windows Mobile (you need $40 software to have a comparable experience with WM5/6).

So in summary, no negatives of the new firmware for me, but at the same time, I'm not seeing any positives (other than the arrows). I'd still recommend it as I'm of the camp that newer is better than older.
    Last edited by BrianV; 02/01/2008 at 10:52 AM.
    yep white screen getting into blazer is still there and still takes just as long
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast