Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    ROM update done via mini sd card.

Tethered mode hack still working fine.
    Do you use PdaNet or USB Modem?
  2.    #102  
    I have posted an update to my original post that outlines all the benefits and problems reported with the update. Hope it helps.

Stu
    One thing I would still mark as unconfirmed is that the 755p versamail 3.5.5 is actually missing anything compared to the Centro 4.0.1, unless someone already confirmed this. Perhaps they use different revision #'s.
    So how does all this work on Vista 64 bit? This is deemed as the future. Any USB drivers?
    I am on Vista 64 bit and have no USB driver for palm. Meaning I cannot hotsynch. At all !!!!
    Dont care what they changed but is it going to support the future? If not POS is dead.
    Would like to hear from those who have Vista 64 ultimate.
    Eh, 64 bit drivers is hardly a palm specific problem at all right now...
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    So how does all this work on Vista 64 bit? This is deemed as the future. Any USB drivers?
    I am on Vista 64 bit and have no USB driver for palm. Meaning I cannot hotsynch. At all !!!!
    Dont care what they changed but is it going to support the future? If not POS is dead.
    Would like to hear from those who have Vista 64 ultimate.
    It doesnt...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Has anyone confirmed that the DTMF tones are gone when the sound switch is set to off?
    I logged into my bank's website that always has that annoying invalid security message and that tone always sounded but since the update, the message popped up but the tone didn't sound. I also logged into PIC which usually does the same thing and no tone sound. I think it's fixed.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    The HUGE improvement in the Centro's VersaMail 4.01 is the ability to send/receive e-mail in the background. Now, sending & receiving messages is *MUCH* slower in VM 4.01 than it is in 3.5.x but I suppose that's the price you pay for, ahem, "multitasking".

P.S. 4.01 is much laggier (on the 700p and stock 755p I've tried it on) when switching between POP accounts and opening messages than the 3.5.x versions were. Presumably it'd be condierably snappier on the Centro due to the OS/hardware tweaks and optimizations on that device.
    Has 3.5.5 been tested yet for those features or just 3.5.4 though?
    I updated this afternoon via hotsync and did a fresh reinstall afterward. My BT is working fine and the DTMF tones are gone. I haven't had any problems since the update.
    Last edited by MoKoni; 01/31/2008 at 08:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianV View Post
    Does the tether hack still work and is it still undetectable. I've only used it once but it did come in handy when I needed to do something and my internet at home was down.
    You would not know its detectable until your next bill right?
    Oh. . . . I used to be the first to install something like this.

Now, under the premise of . . . . . . if it ain't broke. . . . . . don't fix it. . . . . I will wait.

How long? Well, no longer than 18 months. (900p)

If the 755p starts getting hinky . . . . maybe then.

I was actually contacted (for some unknown reason) by Palm as a beta tester for this - we all received a series 3 Palm Ultralight headset as a thank you (got mine last week and it already sold on ebay for $57.80).
    Most of the beta testers had very little trouble updating just using the PC - no SD card needed.
    Yes, the stupid tone seemed to be gone although I did still have it for a split second with one certain tone (I can't remember the name) which is what I configured for my EAS account. I think it was called concerto or something like that.
    Bluetooth worked great at first and then went back to its usual disconnect after a few minutes or if you did anything else with the phone. For some reason if you have BT on and do ANYTHING else it will disconnect you.
    No background email stuff like the Centro which was a bummer. No vibrate notifications for the email like the Centro which was a bummer.
    We did the beta testing back in November. For the most part testers had no problems.
    I can't offer much more. My 2nd blue 755 started turning the radio off then back on randomly (but anywhere from 1 to 3 times a day) so I now have a Bberry Pearl after I exchanged it for a 3rd 755p. I just got tired of being a beta tester.....when I wasn't.
    Good luck everybody.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Did they give you (or any of the beta testers) a comprehensive list of what was fixed/changed/addressed/updated for this release? Also, any word if this will make its way to the Verizon version of the 755p or is this a Sprint-exclusive update?

For the record I'd like to see Palm issue a final 755p ROM fix to address/update the following:

-VersaMail 4.01 (or newer)
    -Blazer 4.5.8 (from the Centro)
    -The missing Centro fixes (backlight off during call etc) listed earlier on this thread and at Treonauts
    -Google Mobile Maps location services

Less likely but still fantastic would be native A2DP support (even if only for PTunes!) along with fixing the 32-bit card info to recognize 8gb and larger SDHC memory cards.
    Hmmm. . . . .MY Location in Google Maps?

Now you are making this difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    First, once you do the ROM update there is NO way of going back. Second, I never really had a promblem with Bluetooth, so I'm not the one to answer this one for you, SAG never tried either Third, I use Chatteremail and had no problems restoring. Just back up your data on your card(Backupbuddy Pro or RescoBackup). After your done adding the new ROM, just do a restore. Fourth, I did mine via Desktop...
    Thanks reverendrhino,

I wonder it f anyone here knows if this Bluetooth menu - means we can get rid of SAG? Maybe that is why some people are having conflicts with SAG - two programs fighting for the same control of Bluetooth headset/earset with A2DP?
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 01/31/2008 at 09:39 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    One thing I would still mark as unconfirmed is that the 755p versamail 3.5.5 is actually missing anything compared to the Centro 4.0.1, unless someone already confirmed this. Perhaps they use different revision #'s.
    Good point, I will edit the post.
    Centro has blazer 4.5.8?
    Which blazer version does the 755 have after the update?
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Perry et al;

Note that the eagerly awaited Google Maps Location functionality does not appear to be present in the 755p with this update. And we'd still need Google to release a new verison of GMM for POS devices anyway.

I'm just saying that while this update might make some small fixes & performance updates, I'd like to see ANOTHER ROM update down the road for the 755p (all carriers, please) that gives the updates I mentioned above. But I have a feeling that the 755p is going to have a gloriously short service life, as Palm tries to put all remaining non-WM Treos (680/755p) out to pasture.

Basically, by Q3 2008, we are going to have:

POS (Garnet now, Plinux next year)=Centro
    Windows Mobile=Treo

They'll split the line by OSes similar to the old Zire & Tungsten sub-brands in '02-'05.
    Thanks for the update, hkklife.