Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Blazer is at 4.5 before the update also.
    I'm starting to wonder: could the ROM updates actually be different if you use the SD Card method instead of the full Windows-based installer? I do not have the Bluetooth Audio menu, nor do I show the modified Power pref panel, and I used the SD Card method. Of those who have either the new panel or the new menu item, did any of you use the SD Card method?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I'm starting to wonder: could the ROM updates actually be different if you use the SD Card method instead of the full Windows-based installer? I do not have the Bluetooth Audio menu, nor do I show the modified Power pref panel, and I used the SD Card method. Of those who have either the new panel or the new menu item, did any of you use the SD Card method?
    I used the hotsync method (windows XP) and don't have either option.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Same here, I dont have the quick launch anywhere either.......
    Keep it coming guys. THanks for those who have updated and posted!

Major issue i have seen so far is the one with SAG. I just bought a BT headset and would hate for that to go to waste.
    I did the rom update WITHOUT the sd card on vista and have no BT audio options.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I did the rom update WITHOUT the sd card on vista and have no BT audio options.
    Me too, I have 3 755Ps I will do the update on one of my others with the SD card and do a side by side comparison.......
    I updated this afternoon via Windows XP. I had to upgrade my Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager first, which was more of a pain than the phone upgrade.

I had the third BT menu item immediately after the upgrade, but it disappeared once I restored from NVBackup. I didn't check the phone/power option before I restored, but I don't have that preference now.

Like everyone else, I'll have to use it for a couple of days to see if anything else changed.

If nothing else, I got the updated HoySync Manager.
    Has anyone confirmed that the DTMF tones are gone when the sound switch is set to off?
    I'm probably gonna do a hard reset because doing a NVBackup restore that was create on a different ROM makes me a little nervous. Also since I have to redo all my prefs anyways even with the restore so it's not "that much" more work...

Also Sprint Mobile Email can be really buggy with restores. Say you have a gmail account + hotmail account. When you create an account it registers it on the server. So then you restore to a SME that had different account settings on your phone, it is still talking to a server that has mismatched account settings and won't let you delete those accounts because it thinks they don't exist.
    I updated the ROM this morning....every time I go to access the Bluetooth application, it crashes on me.....I have yet to successfully access the Bluetooth application after the ROM update.
    Based on the info provided, you should not need an empty MiniSD card, but rather enough room for the unzipped data. You should be able to rename your /PALM directory to /PALM-old (or similar name) and copy the /PALM and start.prc files to the same card. I have plenty of spare cards, so I didn't try it but I used a similar move when doing a previous custom ROM on my 650.
    I will verify this on the next device.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Does the tether hack still work and is it still undetectable. I've only used it once but it did come in handy when I needed to do something and my internet at home was down.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newworld View Post
    I updated the ROM this morning....every time I go to access the Bluetooth application, it crashes on me.....I have yet to successfully access the Bluetooth application after the ROM update.
    Via PC or SD? Did you have AD2P?
    Via SD and no AD2P. This is pissing me off I tried accessing bluetooth via the preferences panel and it still crashed; tried accessing it from Takephone and it still crashed....damn it..
    so far, so good. On vacation with a Vista laptop (tried to resist doing the update and failed). The local Office Dep. only had micro cards with adaptors - despite the warnings, it seems to be going fine! It will be interesting to see how many apps can be reinstalled before Lost starts :-)
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdupree View Post
    Me too, I have 3 755Ps I will do the update on one of my others with the SD card and do a side by side comparison.......
    Ive done 1 via PC and 1 via SD card....
    No BT audio on either.
    No quick launch on either.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Nothing works. I d/l the updater (1.07 desktop updater) and when I opened it, it extracted and opened a notepad file. What gives? I don't have a card reader. Is there something simple I'm overlooking? This is using WinXP.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    ROM update done via mini sd card.

Tethered mode hack still working fine.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast