Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    dam i was hoping to be able to launch a favorite from any app and be able to shut off screen during a call... that way i dont have to count on other apps to perform those tasks..

trace are u sing a treo 755 or treo 700
    755p, and you definitely cannot turn off screen during call.. I havent tested the launch from any app yet..
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I'm not seeing the power save mode mentioned for turning off the screen on a call. Or the "launch from anywhere" of the favorites buttons.

Definitely does seem snappier switching between apps tho.
    Last edited by ssrjazz; 01/31/2008 at 01:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    It broke Softick Audio Gateway 1.17. No more audio control or volume controls with my HBH-DS980. Time to update SAG and maybe pTunes.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    do u still have the white screen of death when switching between apps? has that sped up?
    I can say it seems to be a bit quicker especially with blazer but again its still the first day so we will see if it holds up over the next couple of days. And I also don't see the power options to turn off the screen during a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I can say it seems to be a bit quicker especially with blazer but again its still the first day so we will see if it holds up over the next couple of days. And I also don't see the power options to turn off the screen during a call.
    Same here, no option to turn off screen.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    has anyone tried pdanet to make sure that still works?
    Im sure if all the other 3rd party software still works so will it.. if your worried about the programming of the modem during the install then don't That comes up in every rom update Ive done ...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    It broke Softick Audio Gateway 1.17. No more audio control or volume controls with my HBH-DS980. Time to update SAG and maybe pTunes.

SAG 1.18 and pTunes 4.06 not working together correctly. No music playback controls from the headset, just volume control.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Maybe that's why the Bluetooth Audio choice comes in & out...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    What I don't get is why some upgraders don't see the BT audio options at all (myself included). I don't even have SAG.
    Actually, I believe the modem was at fault for many of my problems over the course of the past month. I live on the edge of service, and while my Treo 650 would work just fine going in and out of service, my Treo 755p would constantly reset if it recieved a text message in the middle of switching from one network to another. Tons of phantom behavior like that, caused me to get ready to reformat today and only reinstall vital apps. Once I saw the firmware out, I figured I'd give it a shot first.

I don't think the speed increase is from the reformat, either. I moved from a Treo 650 to the Treo 755p and I noticed a very big difference in the speed between the two on a fresh 755p with nothing installed. Not as bad as the 700p's speed (that I played with at a Sprint store) - but not as fast as the 650.

This update is extremely impressive to me. Because, it has restored the speed of my 650 (although I might want to go back and check - since it's been so long since I used my 650, it still might be faster) - although it feels like it's about the same.

VersaMail is still crap though. But, it's been that way for years. Love the interface, just hate that it doesn't work with any of my dedicated Treo POP account for actually deleting messages from the server. With every update and ROM upgrade I test it hoping they might have fixed these very basic issues. Nope. Oh well. I'll keep deleting mail from the server via my PCs.

Oh, I loved Snappermail - but the database would crash once every few months and wipe out all of my email. Talk about choosing between the lesser of two evils! You'd think my email programs were a Presidential campaign.

Oh, and while I'm not sure about PDANet - I can report that USB Modem looks like it works. I'll test it with a EEE PC later to make sure. But, no problems with the following apps here:

QuickNews
    Quickipedia
    SplashMoney
    SplashID
    Google Maps
    On Demand
    MobileClock (fixed the speed problem!)
    2007 MovieGuide
    BackupBuddy
    CardExport
    OpenChessUSBModem (haven't tested connection yet)
    PalmInternals (Time in tics 111, time in secs 1)
    PalmVNC (lost it's settings)

Every program either works the same as before or better. No complaints.

All of my complaints about the 755p have been solved. Including the phantom "downloads data but doesn't ever display it" bug that I've found occasionally with On Demand and Quickipedia.

Time will tell. But, so far - I love it! It's like I'm using my 650 again (and that is a good thing!).
    Funny thing is I saw it all along, but this morning I changed batteries & it disappeared, then came back later.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    SAG 1.18 and pTunes 4.06 not working together correctly. No music playback controls from the headset, just volume control.

Okay, I got SAG to work with my setup. I got the combo of SAG 1.15 and pTunes Deluxe version 4.06 to work flawlessly. Now things are great. My 755 feels a bit faster but as ususal, a few days of use will really determine the performance increases.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    What I don't understand is why Palm wouldn't upgrade VersaMail to version 4.0.1 (like done recently for the lower cost Centro). After all it works quite nicely (pre ROM update that is). That's a real mystery to me.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Palm only cares about whatever is the latest & greatest for them. Thus, the Centro commands most of their attention and support $$. The Centro is essentially a "fresh start" in both formfactor and some OS/hardware tweaks from the problems that plagued/ruined the 700p and had a residual effect on the 755p.
    what was versamails version before the rom update? I thought it was 3.5.4 after the update I think it was 3.5.5? I could be wrong.. but I'm curious to know if it did jump a version number.
    Doesn't really matter too much because a lot of the updates done to Centro apps are portable to 755p.

And yeah I think Versamail was at 3.5.4 before. Also this new version of versamail seems to work with Gmail IMAP. Maybe it's updated but doesn't use the same version numbers as the Centro?
    I know this might have been mentioned already but being on the phone just takes to long to search but did blazer also jump to a new version? after the update its 4.5 is it the same before or did it change?
    I just saw that the embedded kinoma player in blazer is now 1.0.4 and the older version was 1.0.3 so that got updated a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Same here, no option to turn off screen.
    None for me either.
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast