Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    thanks. That is the latest version of google maps so ill be able to delete the one I have in ram for now.
    well other than the messaging app I really don't see any changes....I don't have the bluetooth option... blazer does seem a bit faster but thats all I've been able to test so far.
    Updating mine right now, thanks for the link.
    It's funny how Palm has:
    1) Not posted this on their blog (blog.palm.com)
    2) Not released any "release notes" for this update
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerrx View Post
    It's funny how Palm has:
    1) Not posted this on their blog (blog.palm.com)
    2) Not released any "release notes" for this update
    It's not funny, It's scary
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    It's not funny, It's scary
    Palm has announced every other change on their blog... Maybe it is evil!
    or it just takes them some time .. but yeah I can't believe there are no release notes yet.. you would think with all the problems the 700p had they would be on the ball with every update.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Just finished the ROM upgrade...sued the SD card method, Win XP.

Did the whole use and empty card, backup hard reset, upgrade, restore backup.

Things are working, no real issues. It's early but right now I'm thinking it was a lot of work for nothing. Time will tell.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    well other than the messaging app I really don't see any changes....I don't have the bluetooth option... blazer does seem a bit faster but thats all I've been able to test so far.

do u still have the white screen of death when switching between apps? has that sped up?
    A user in the 1src forums from Japan named mini posted some info about the bluetooth audio menu on his/her blog. Apparently the menu is on the Centro and the 680 as well, but does not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    do u still have the white screen of death when switching between apps? has that sped up?
    WhiteScreen time has definitely decreased. I use to see a noticeable lag switching from Blazer-->Chatter. Although this may just be a side effect of a hard reset of the phone. Time will tell.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    White screen waits have decreased significantly for me as well.

I now no longer dread opening Blazer
    Great news. I'm watching this thread and will probably update tonight or tomorrow.
    This page has info I haven't seen here yet: Sprint Treo 755p ROM Update Available
    Quote Originally Posted by scrooks View Post
    This page has info I haven't seen here yet: Sprint Treo 755p ROM Update Available
    wow ,can anyone test all those features and see if this is indeed true?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Like others, I think I'll wait a few days before updating.

Not many takers just yet. Back in the 650 days, this thread would have been 10 pages long by now. Shows how much of a free fall Palm has taken in a relatively short period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    wow ,can anyone test all those features and see if this is indeed true?
    The only one I have seen is the SMS Messaging Icon arrows.
    Most updates have release notes.

Considering the revision number is such a small iteration, it's really hard to test not knowing what to look for. For this reason I also wouldn't expect anything glaringly obvious.

I updated the rom but I don't really know what I'm looking for to be different.
    dam i was hoping to be able to launch a favorite from any app and be able to shut off screen during a call... that way i dont have to count on other apps to perform those tasks..

trace are u sing a treo 755 or treo 700
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I updated the rom but I don't really know what I'm looking for to be different.
    http://blog.treonauts.com/2008/01/sprint-treo-755.html

check for all these changes noted
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast