Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    we will see u back when the treo 800w is released in JULY

A w is not a p; a w is not a p; ...

BB
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    tru dat
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    The latest TreoCentral TreoCast mentioned a user's problems with Bluetooth & Softick Audio Gateway (SAG). One of the things Dieter suggested was that the user make sure he has the latest 755p firmware update.

I'd completely forgotten there WAS one.

Then I remembered that I haven't applied it because so many people had problems with it. While a number of people reported no/few issues, there were quite a few who seemed sorry they ever applied the firmware update to their beloved 755p's.

So, my girlfriend and I STILL haven't applied the update, but my 755p acts kinda funky sometimes (hers hardly has anything on it). I'd love to apply the update if it actually did improve the device's performance and didn't cause any significant problems.

So, finally, my question: Did those of you who had problems with the 755p firmware update ever get those resolved? And, at this point, would you recommend the update or not?

Thanks, in advance.
    Last edited by west3man; 05/15/2008 at 01:08 PM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Mine worked fine before and after the update - so I'd say if yours works "funky sometimes" before the update - it will work "funky sometimes" after the update.

In other words - it will be the same before and after with maybe just a "tad" quicker after the update - and I do mean just a "tad"

My friend did an update on his new 3 month old 755p and he has had zero problems and he said he noticed it was a little quicker - at that time he had nothing extra loaded but the OEM software.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    I actually was one of the people who said the BT acted up before the update...

I am retracting that statement now...

Got a replacement S9 bluetooth headset and it has been playing sweet music with my 755p since (pun intended)
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Bluetooth connections to my computer worked much better and more reliably after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    So, finally, my question: Did those of you who had problems with the 755p firmware update ever get those resolved? And, at this point, would you recommend the update or not?

Thanks, in advance.
    West3man, I posted another thread about the 1.07 update before I found this thread, so you may have seen that report by now.

My issue was my 755p outgoing sound going out on occasion. Sometimes air blown into the head phone jack would "fix," sometimes not.

A Sprint tech guy put me onto the Palm.com 1.07 update. I installed it and it appears to have fixed that sound problem.

It has been 3 days now without a problem. Am keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh, by the way, it DID NOT fix the dreaded and ubiquitous Error 3000 issue. That still happens.

I did not have to use an "Eticket" for a repair at a local repair center. But I called to just learn its location. In doing that I learned that not all repair centers are created equal. Some carry replacement devices, some do not. I am also told that those Sprint shops do not charge anything if one carries the monthly repair/loss "insurance" or whatever it is called. Someone has remarked that if you really use the actual insurance, there is a $50 co-pay or something. I just hope I never have to use them or a repair center.

Robert, Austin, Texas
    Just did the update last night. Pretty long execution time - 40 minutes. I see no difference in performance at this point.
    Well I just did the firmware update now too, and I noticed something that I had never seen happen before the update. At 2 am last night, my treo spontaneously lit up and attempted to connect to palm`s server wirelessly. It was sitting by itelf and I hadnt even touched the phone. I did not program this to happen at any point. It looked as if a remote source was trying to download data from my treo to some other server or "mypalm" center. Has anyone else seen this? Maybe its harmless, but it looks very fishy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosensei View Post
    Well I just did the firmware update now too, and I noticed something that I had never seen happen before the update. At 2 am last night, my treo spontaneously lit up and attempted to connect to palm`s server wirelessly. It was sitting by itelf and I hadnt even touched the phone. I did not program this to happen at any point. It looked as if a remote source was trying to download data from my treo to some other server or "mypalm" center. Has anyone else seen this? Maybe its harmless, but it looks very fishy to me.

For a very long while, pre- and post-update, my 755p would do something every day at 3AM. About twice a week, that something would result in the phone locking up (complete freeze) stopping everything including the internal clock. All would be made right with a soft reset. Of course, while frozen I would miss calls, alarms, etc.

I got a copy of Palminternals (free I believe--just goggle it) and found out that an "alarm" in their language was set every day at 3AM by some unknown program.

I suspected a pre-beta version of BizConnectPE. I have had to remove BCPE for other reasons (Sprint took down the server and may never release it). Since then Palminternals no longer shows any 3AM alarm.

I suggest you get Palminternals and see what you can learn.

I have asked a number of time but NOBODY HERE SEEMS TO USE BCPE????

BB
    The 3am wake up has been around since the 600. Several theories as to what it is have been posted.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    The 3am wake up has been around since the 600. Several theories as to what it is have been posted.
    Can you pls point me to the threads or summarize the theories?

Many thanks,

BB
    I was wondering if any of you know if the DUN hack still works. One interesting thing to note is that after the update, before I installed the Hack, my treo WAS ABLE to connect DUN which it wasnt able to do before the update WITHOUT the hack. Since many of you have been running this configuration for awhile, did anyone get charges posted to thier bill?

Also..I am on a Sero...(Don't know if that has any relevance)....

Thanks in advance....

Plex
    It works
    For various reasons, I think that I'll be happier with the old 1.04 firmware on my Sprint 755p. Does anyone know how to go back to 1.04 from 1.07?

Please help.

Paul
    Last edited by pokada; 07/31/2008 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada View Post
    For various reasons, I think that I'll be happier with the old 1.04 firmware on my Sprint 655P. Does anyone know how to go back to 1.04 from 1.07?

Please help.

Paul
    I'm sure you mean the 755p, but from what I understand, a firmware update cannot be reversed without replacing the hardware. In the end, I think you'd have to get an entirely new (not updated) phone.

I never updated mine b/c it seemed to cause too many problems for too many people.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm sure you mean the 755p, but from what I understand, a firmware update cannot be reversed without replacing the hardware. In the end, I think you'd have to get an entirely new (not updated) phone.

I never updated mine b/c it seemed to cause too many problems for too many people.
    You are correct, I meant to say 755p. Have you been happy with the 1.04 firmware? For the 5 days that I was using it, the 1.04 version worked fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada View Post
    You are correct, I meant to say 755p. Have you been happy with the 1.04 firmware? For the 5 days that I was using it, the 1.04 version worked fine for me.
    As compared to the "updates?" Yes, I think I've been happy enough. I don't see enough potential benefits to risk experiencing the problems others have had.

I don't plan to ever update mine. I just hope that, if I ever have to replace my 755p, that I don't get a newer one that has the newer firmware version.

Would you mind sharing what made you displeased with the "update?"
    You can't roll back a firmware update.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosensei View Post
    Sometimes you can get those "MyTreo" beta signup notifications randomly. It could have to do with that.