Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    It is the Bluetooth screen - then hit the menu button - usually you will have two choices; (1)Enable device name cache, (2)About Bluetooth Manager, the 3rd would be Bluetooth Audio - see post number 3 of this thread for picture of pop up box that appears when you select it.
    lol I have still not gotten that option yet.. it must be a glorious thing to see
    Went looking after your post last night and today, as well.

About 10 times total.

No joy.
    Well, Sprint is going to send me a refurb with the old ROM image on it. Blazer locks up constantly with the new ROM installed. Hoping I can at least get back to where I was before the update.
    Matty
    Interesting . . . . . my Blazer works better with the update.
    my blazer worked better for a couple of days but now locks up for about 15-20 seconds each time I try and use it.. kinda frustrating but not bad in the whole scheme of things.
    That's what mine did pre-update. Now that is gone. I will let you know if the issue returns, as yours has . . . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/26/2008 at 06:29 PM.
    On an off topic, I got the Blazer.prc from the Centro (4.5.8) to install on top of the Blazer.prc that comes with the 755p (4.5).

I am not sure if it is actually using it, but if I go to Filez and view the details for Blazer.prc on the internal ram, it displays a creation date/modified date of when I installed the file. "Web" app still lists v4.5, but I don't know if it just lists the version info from another file or not.

Also, I did a hard reset and am no longer using Zlauncher. It runs so much faster/smoother. The Zlauncher footprint is just too large... So far I haven't even seen Blazer try to clear the dbcache once.
    My Blazer after the update is a little better on exit with cache checked to clear on exit - it takes about 5 secs to go from Blazer to anything - if I do not check clear Blazer cache on exit, it immediatetly goes to anything.

Pre rom update Blazer exited in about 7-9 seconds with cache clear on exit checked. If I do not clear Blazer cache on exit, it immediatetly goes to anything.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    lol I have still not gotten that option yet.. it must be a glorious thing to see
    Only when you see it - which is not 100% of the time - although I did not check or uncheck anything inside the menu, another softick forum user has.

Basically the first box does nothing - the 2nd box just starts PocketTunes.

So I don't think it is anything that would be missed in this update.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Well, I am all messed up now. Got the refurb with 1.4 on it. H#ll, Blazer locks up as much or more. I don't seem to remember it starting until the new ROM. I wonder if it was just coincidence that this started at the same time as the new ROM. And has nothing to do with it.
    Matty
    The new ROM is not the cause of Blazer locking up.

Do you get Blazer lock ups with no 3rd party apps installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    The new ROM is not the cause of Blazer locking up.

Do you get Blazer lock ups with no 3rd party apps installed?
    Apparently not to the first question. I get the Blazer lockups right after an RTN reset, with Versamail not even setup, let alone any 3rd party apps installed..........
    Matty
    Just to clarify the problem.

What is a Blazer lock up?

Long white screen when loading Blazer? Blazer locking up while loading a page? Does it happen on every page or most pages?

Usually a long pause in the Palm OS signifies something is dumping the dbcache.

But your dbcache shouldn't be very fully to begin with if you have nothing else installed.

What happens if you clear the Blazer cache manually, then disable autofill and set the cache size to 0mb and use Blazer?
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Just to clarify the problem.

What is a Blazer lock up?

Long white screen when loading Blazer? Blazer locking up while loading a page? Does it happen on every page or most pages?

Usually a long pause in the Palm OS signifies something is dumping the dbcache.

But your dbcache shouldn't be very fully to begin with if you have nothing else installed.

What happens if you clear the Blazer cache manually, then disable autofill and set the cache size to 0mb and use Blazer?
    Locks up when loading a page. The little arrow that crawls around the globe stops, and there it sits until I exit to another app, and come back in. Then I can load the same page as before with no problems. I can load a page at one time it fails, then load it later the same day(with cache cleared), and it will load fine the 2nd time. Or vice versa. I have set the cache to 0, and I have set it as high as 10. It makes no difference. I have cleared cookies, and the cache, it makes no difference.
    Last edited by matty032; 03/25/2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: lack of info
    Matty
  15.    #455  
    Matty,

You may need to reprovision your phone.
    Done that many times. Have done an RTN reset, hard reset, set to factory defaults, restore, and update vision. Sprint is now removing the account from their system and setting it back up. Last thing to try before a different phone.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    stupid question, I'm guessing that 1.07 has everything included in 1.06?
    My phone info say's I'm on 1.4, can I go directly to 1.07 and skip 1.06?
    the website says yes, will I get everything from 1.06 too?
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Done that many times. Have done an RTN reset, hard reset, set to factory defaults, restore, and update vision. Sprint is now removing the account from their system and setting it back up. Last thing to try before a different phone.
    That last thing you mentioned is what I meant. This is a common problem for people who have something wrong with their provisioning (on Sprint's side) not on the phone. My guess is that it will work fine when they're done. The first time you try to go to the web the phone attempts EVDO, the second time it goes straight to 1x, which is slower. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Locks up when loading a page. The little arrow that crawls around the globe stops, and there it sits until I exit to another app, and come back in. Then I can load the same page as before with no problems. I can load a page at one time it fails, then load it later the same day(with cache cleared), and it will load fine the 2nd time. Or vice versa. I have set the cache to 0, and I have set it as high as 10. It makes no difference. I have cleared cookies, and the cache, it makes no difference.
    I have the same problem from time to time. Blazer stalls and the globe stops spinning with the page saying 'redrawing' etc. You have to exit Blazer, or try typing in the web address field - that usually works. I'm still on the old firmware, but plan to update it this weekend.

Any word on PDAnet working with the new firmware?
    LOL! Well you were right. Sprint reprovisioning on their side fix it. Sorta. Blazer will still stop, but at least now I can click a link on the page it's stopped at, and keep going. But of course, no access to the menu. As a matter of fact, it is locked up while I'm typing this. LOL
    Matty