Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I am diving in. I am restoring my Treo's info by hotsync. (I have it backed up on my SD card also). Lets see how this goes. I does take about 40 mins. Also you have to pay attention to the update, because it resets 3 times, and you have to calibrate the digitizer and the date info each time.
    I did the desktop update.... No problems... Only it didn't restore my slingplayer...

I don't recognize any differences, other than the in/out icons on the SMS messaging.

Phone appears "Snappier", but it always does that after a hard reset. Anyone have a list of the actually updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    BTW, my Bluetooth Audio still showing..hasn't disappeared at all.
    Sorry for the stupid question as I have not updated frimware yet - too chicken unless there is a way to go back to old firmware

What does that Bluetooth option actually help you with - I mean does it make or help SAG out? Did it improve Bluetooth voice communication?

Also, if you use Versamail - the instructions by Palm I think said you have to re-enter all your passwords - did you have to reconfigure anything after the restore of your original data after the firmware update? - or was simply restoring your backup via NVBackup or the like put everything back to normal.

And lastly, did you do the upgrade by card because it states no micro card via an adapter - it has to be a miniSD. You probably answered - but I kinda of blind this morning.

Thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    I wish palm would give u a real specific breakdown on what exactly was changed...

after having such bad experiences updating my treo 700p i am nervous to try this unreversible update on my treo 755

has anyone tried pdanet after this update?

i read in a post

"One interesting note, is that when updating, the screen flashed "updating modem." I use my Treo's data connection with PDAnet, as i sit in airports a lot. I hope this doesn't affect the program"
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Wait until you see some of the new icons, and sms thread with pictures...
    Slightly unrelated question... What skin are you using?

Thanks, A.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I'm currently using the the VersaMail 4.01 update from the Centro on my Treo 755p (works nicely). I wonder whether this ROM update also updates VersaMail. Can someone please post the version number of VersaMail after the ROM update? Also what's the version number of Blazer?

Thanks.
    http://x56.xanga.com/f9dc341705c3017...w129972852.bmp

This is the bluetooth Audio menu i got but it keeps disappearing after i use Card Reader to upload the pic from using Snap to take a screenshot. something is fishy here. it does NOT come back after resets or even hard reset. i guess just time brings it back for my device at least. its the most frustrating thing i've ever dealt with. menu's shouldn't just disappear!

my messaging app is v2.7 did that change from non-updated users? (im using the palm revolt winxp royale theme)
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Messaging app on non updated 755p is 2.6.2
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I'm currently using the the VersaMail 4.01 update from the Centro on my Treo 755p (works nicely). I wonder whether this ROM update also updates VersaMail. Can someone please post the version number of VersaMail after the ROM update? Also what's the version number of Blazer?

Thanks.
    VersaMail v3.5.4
    Last edited by damage_inc; 01/31/2008 at 11:15 AM.
    Any Alltel 755 users try this yet?
    I hope that's versamail not blazer because blazer was 4.5 before the update. Also, what version is google maps. Thanks.
    Any bluetooth (dis-)pairing issues resolved?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I am going into the wait and see mode for now.
    Would love to see what this new bluetooth option does though. I havent purchased Softick Audio Gateway yet and this may be a great solution. (praying)
    I just hope that this update has "revealed" Palm's MyLocation API. It would be nice for us CDMA Palm OS users to finally have this capability.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question as I have not updated frimware yet - too chicken unless there is a way to go back to old firmware

What does that Bluetooth option actually help you with - I mean does it make or help SAG out? Did it improve Bluetooth voice communication?

Also, if you use Versamail - the instructions by Palm I think said you have to re-enter all your passwords - did you have to reconfigure anything after the restore of your original data after the firmware update? - or was simply restoring your backup via NVBackup or the like put everything back to normal.

And lastly, did you do the upgrade by card because it states no micro card via an adapter - it has to be a miniSD. You probably answered - but I kinda of blind this morning.

Thanks!
    First, once you do the ROM update there is NO way of going back. Second, I never really had a promblem with Bluetooth, so I'm not the one to answer this one for you, SAG never tried either Third, I use Chatteremail and had no problems restoring. Just back up your data on your card(Backupbuddy Pro or RescoBackup). After your done adding the new ROM, just do a restore. Fourth, I did mine via Desktop...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    This is really exciting.. I was so hoping a rom update wasn't going to take as long as it did with the 700p. Im updating now and will update if I find anything interesting when its done.
    and yea, my bluetooth menu is random now, it'll be there when it wants to. and not to my surprise my random crash just now(crash #1) was reported as being caused by Bluetooth "Fatal Exception"
    That's actually an old screen shot of my 700wx. That's wisbar and a few other windows mobile launchers running.
    Quote Originally Posted by robert2281 View Post
    I hope that's versamail not blazer because blazer was 4.5 before the update. Also, what version is google maps. Thanks.
    Blazer v4.5
    Google Maps v1.2.0.9 (after restore)
    Last edited by damage_inc; 01/31/2008 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by damage_inc View Post
    Blazer v4.5
    Google Maps v1.2.0.9
    After the update, my copy of google maps was 1.1.2, but after restoring from my backup, which contained the latest download from google, it changed to 1.2.0.9
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast