Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    I send eCare an email asking for them to flag my account for the PRL update.

They respond back saying they did so.

Then you call *2 and it will update automatically.
    Can you post the email addy? I lost it
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    You just log in to the Sprint website, and go to the support section, "Contact Us" and contact by them by email in their web interface.

I don't know what the actual email address is as I always do it through the website.
    I just hate the fact that we know more about our phones and services then the companies that sell them.
    i think that's the meaning of the word enthusiast. we don't stops exploring the device compared to average people do.
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I just hate the fact that we know more about our phones and services then the companies that sell them.
    Here here!
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    After this update, I have been getting meaasages file error 1609 or 1611. Anybody has any idea? This showed up while I am hotsync. I could not get rid of for a while then after 5 or 6 clicks it would go away but it will show up randomly since then.
    Sprint had ordered new phone since they could not figure this out also I lost most of my informations and files since my computer says some information was not saved due to interruption of hotsync.
    Afternoon, I was wondering if anyone had an issue with the 755P upgrade. I downloaded it from Palm using the pc installation (I do not have a card installed on my phone) and after I execute Treo755pSPNTdestopupdater.exe it opens a small application and an IE window that says page can not be displayed. I have tried two other downloads also. Same result. Any idea's? I am running a Windows XP pro laptop.
    make sure hotsync manager is closed on the computer
    Matty
    This update appears to have cured a long-running problem I have had with my SD card. You can read the details here and here.
    I read somewhere (in think it was in the new section of TC) that we can turn the phone off now while on a call with this update. How do you do that?
    cant do that... only can be done on the centro

the treo 755 after the firmware update does not have that option

TC has now corrected that typing error on thier blog
    After this update, my phone seems to turn on by itself once in a while. When my phone is in my pocket, some apps get launched, and when it is on the cradle, my bedroom lights up 3 o'clock in the morning (very scary...). I don't have any automatic update apps running on my 755p. I am going to confirm this by BatteryGraph this week.

Anybody have same problem?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankey View Post
    After this update, my phone seems to turn on by itself once in a while. When my phone is in my pocket, some apps get launched, and when it is on the cradle, my bedroom lights up 3 o'clock in the morning (very scary...). I don't have any automatic update apps running on my 755p. I am going to confirm this by BatteryGraph this week.

Anybody have same problem?
    Interesting. There's a very old thread somewhere in here about Treo 600's (I think) lighting up at around 3 am for no apparent reason. I wonder if this update has re-introduced that bug. I haven't updated my 755p with the new firmware yet so I can't verify one way or another.

Edit: I found a few doing a search.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...archid=7514844
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman View Post
    Interesting. There's a very old thread somewhere in here about Treo 600's (I think) lighting up at around 3 am for no apparent reason. I wonder if this update has re-introduced that bug. I haven't updated my 755p with the new firmware yet so I can't verify one way or another.

Edit: I found a few doing a search.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...archid=7514844
    Thanks dwman, I read the threads you posted. It looks like BackupBuddy, Snappermail, or the Network time does the trick in not all but in some cases. I don't have BackupBuddy nor Snappermail but I do have Network time turned on. I'll turn it off and see how it comes out...
    I was exhausted and was in a deep sleep last night, so I didn't notice but according to BatteryGraph, my 755p seemed to have turned on around 3AM. This time my Network time was off...

Back to the drawing board...
    Okay took the dive into this MR.

1. Upgrade via desktop executable, worked as I hoped.
    2. Restoring via NVBackup

Will keep you all posted as to what I find, positive or negative.

My PRL version was 60610 after the update.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 700p (Death by MR Update to 1.10) -> Treo 755p (Blue) -> Treo Pro with Sapphire Blue Innocase
    Quote Originally Posted by redline122 View Post
    Okay took the dive into this MR.

1. Upgrade via desktop executable, worked as I hoped.
    2. Restoring via NVBackup

Will keep you all posted as to what I find, positive or negative.

My PRL version was 60610 after the update.
    Just a bit of info. Before the update, my PRL was 60610. When I updated using the SD method, it changed to 60608. Desktop method, 60610.

Regardless, you want the PRL update, which ended up being a breeze. I sent an email to eCare via the web form on the Sprint support site. The next day when I woke up, I had an email from Sprint telling me what to do.

FWIW,
    Mark
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    my new prl version is 60611
  20.    #380  
    Updating the PRL is easy. You just call *2 (or write ecare) and have them flag your account for the PRL update. Wait a while, then call *2 and you will be greeted by a message stating please wait while your PRL is being updated.