Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Butler gives you launch anywhere based on favorite keys, and it works well with all but the oldest apps over which it does not launch AFAICT.

From my strange experience, I would backup from something like Backup Buddy or Resco rather than a computer sync (although I cannot understand why it worked so strangely).

Still not sure what besides color wars I gained for my trouble.

BB
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdupree View Post
    Blazorboy:
    As others have asked, not sure what this upgrade did for me, but cost me some time and worry.

It occupied about a half of an hour of your day.
    About the half hour it took to do the upgrade I have no complaints. It took much more time and angst to discover and correct the various and odd errors introduced by the first sync. I posted this not for sympathy but to warn others, but I do understand the need of some in remote climbs to keep warm.

I had not heard of that golden rule about sync post f/w upgrades. Had done many post hard resets on my I500 w/o issues. Well, live and learn.

BB
    It's not really a necessity. You can very likely sync/restore with an older firmware w/o problems. Just that reinstalling from scratch generally means that there is less possibility for things to go wrong (and the system is generally a bit cleaner).
    For the posters above:
    I had NO problem restoring all my stuff (i mean ALL) from my mSD card from a backup made by backupman.
    I think if you have no issues with your setup prior to the "upgrade " then you do not have to go the route of installing it all back one at a time. Hope this helps.
    Still no USB driver for XP/Vista 64 bit

Seriously, when Sprit releases the Touch Cruise, I will be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdupree View Post
    NO, NO, NO, NO. This is for Sprint phones only. You will risk bricking your Treo. This is a ROM update.
    I was not implying the ROM update what I meant was to apply the individual files for various pieces such as blazer, bluetooth manager etc. I realize that it would only be in ROM and if you hard reset you would loose the updates. (something similar to updating 700P apps with some newer versions from 755P when it came out).
    Sorry I meant RAM there not ROM
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm or deny the GPS API is now externalized so things like Google Maps "I am Here" will work. Palm aluded to the likley externalization on their more recent models. This ROM update would have been the ideal time to do it on the 755P.
    I loaded the beta which seemed to install, but have no indication that the I AM HERE is working. Hitting 0 does zilch.

BB
    there isn't a gmaps version that works with my location in treo phones yet.. if you wanna know more info on that do a search.
    Quote Originally Posted by chakde View Post
    Any body non Sprint has tried updating some of these new files with their phone. I am with Telus in Canada and my phone shows Treo755p-1.01-CDMA. I am not sure if and when Telus might release this for us as they are way behind the ball. I dont even see anything for the 700 yet. If somebody is willing to post the updated files guys like me could add these in the RAM to try it out. If it doesnt work, just erase and start again.
    Just use my ventura flash, look at the 700p thread (700p forums here) for the howto
    (755 and 700 are the same--- ***EXPECT*** THE BOOTLOADER/IPL/SPL/TPL etc)

-----------
    IF YOU REALLY PLAN TO UPGRADE, PLEASE RUN THE ROMUPDATER.PRC and then tell me the BOOTLOADER VERSION then I CAN MAKE THE 755P BOOTLOADER FOR YOU) DO NOT FLASH THE MEGAUPLOAD ONE (THE BOOTLOADERS ARE FOR 700P DVT VERSION)
    -----------

I am using 700p on Telus/Bell too. I had updated it to 700p MR (Sprint), and now to 755p (Sprint) 1.07

Also worked for people on Alltel, Bellsouth etc on the past with 700p
    Last edited by kocoman; 02/16/2008 at 08:30 AM.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    When you say "brick," http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/confused.gif
    you mean the phone is good for nothing huh?
    Well I was brave and I tried the steps properly, but when it said,
    "flashing section..." it seemed to hang there. So, I guess I was
    brave and impatient. It was at that spot for about 2-3 minutes,
    so I tried another hard reset and now my phone will not do anything
    but flash, literally, the screen flashes whenever the battery is in
    the phone. Does that mean that my phone is a "brick" now?

I was just up late and bored so I thought I try this upgrade, and now I'm
    stuck. Totally stuck. I have insurance, so I'll take my phone to the sprint
    repair store tomorrow. I hope I can at least get back to the way things were
    before I tried this upgrade.

Kokoman,
    I think you've done great work with your posting.
    If I might add one suggestion... please add times to your in-
    -structions for the sake of impatient idiots like myself...
    i.e. "and this step takes about 2 seconds, 2 minutes, or
    two hours..."
    Man, I can see you are upset (With the blue color and spelling my alias wrong), but please don't cross post.. (you make me have to explain myself in this thread)

As to above message: (755p Telus to 755p Sprint)

-----------
    IF YOU REALLY PLAN TO UPGRADE, PLEASE RUN THE ROMUPDATER.PRC and then tell me the BOOTLOADER VERSION then I CAN MAKE THE 755P BOOTLOADER FOR YOU) DO NOT FLASH THE MEGAUPLOAD ONE (THE BOOTLOADERS ARE FOR 700P DVT VERSION)
    -----------

It was edited AFTER I remember the person saying he was using a 755p and not a 700p.

So I remember this time, but I am sorry I did not remember to 'correct' it for the 700p to 755p.. anyways read below if you want.
    (Its the same message crossposted in the 700p forum).

Quote Originally Posted by brandizy View Post
    When you say "brick," http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/confused.gif
    you mean the phone is good for nothing huh?
    Well I was brave and I tried the steps properly, but when it said,
    "flashing section..." it seemed to hang there. So, I guess I was
    brave and impatient. It was at that spot for about 2-3 minutes,
    so I tried another hard reset and now my phone will not do anything
    but flash, literally, the screen flashes whenever the battery is in
    the phone. Does that mean that my phone is a "brick" now?

I was just up late and bored so I thought I try this upgrade, and now I'm
    stuck. Totally stuck. I have insurance, so I'll take my phone to the sprint
    repair store tomorrow. I hope I can at least get back to the way things were
    before I tried this upgrade.

Kokoman,
    I think you've done great work with your posting.
    If I might add one suggestion... please add times to your in-
    -structions for the sake of impatient idiots like myself...
    i.e. "and this step takes about 2 seconds, 2 minutes, or
    two hours..."
    I am sorry to hear about your problem. It was my fault not to mention it. I did mention it back when I posted the 700p Telus to Sprint MR update back in June/07.

It will say like: (I forgot the exact output, this is from memory)
    -----------------------
    Validating... /ROM/ventura-IPL-dvt..... OK!
    Validating... /ROM/ventura-SPL... OK!
    Validating... /ROM/ventura--BL... OK!

Validating... /ROM/ventura-rom.zip (wait for a while)........................... OK!
    ----------------------
    Then it scrolls off............
    ---------------------

from file: 36... (more hex numbers - I could not copy in time)

From Flash: fe.. (more hex numbers - I could not copy in time)

..diff

token: HRST

DeleteToken Success!

token: Nohr

DeleteToken Success!

The device will automatically reboot after flashing rom

flasing section...
    ------------------------

THE DEVICE WILL FREEZE! (even if you plug in the charger, etc it doesn't charge)
    All you can do is wait, don't move the device/battery cover etc. I took a shower. (I did not time it) Then after I showered..

.. It show the "Date and Time Screen"

SUCCESS (for me anyways)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=howto
    If you like to read my life story..

(but I guess this proved that no one reads my 'history' of posting here via the searching function...) I was so happy about the discovery back then but no one noticed, and my request for donation for palm for research had never be fullfilled as of now.. (even with ESN changing solution, literally, the phone was all 'freed up' .. expect the EVDO part)
    ---------------
    But by the time Feb/07 comes, and finally a 755p update was posted, I was fed up with Palm's problems and (so upset with nobody sending me a palm for research ) with its 700p already and decided to 'flash my phone using my old method with the 755p'. and lo and behold it worked. But then I went on working on getting ESN change on the Novatel series data cards already and is not so caring about Palm anymore, plus shadowmite's forums is SO QUIET with shadowmite having a job and using nokias/WM/Sony.. and not palms anymore (According the vistabuy.com fearall)

I also tried it before people at mobile forums dot com had some success trying to change their ESN with my 700p method on the 755p. so I guess since the CDMA firmware is the same, (They changed the ESN using a 700p CDMAUpdater, not a 755p since it did not exist yet)

As a last resort, if your insurance doesn't work for some reason, you could try (IF you still see the color screen)http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=160427
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=160199&page=4

But I don't have the TelusROM r2sd backup as of now because my hard drive is failing (due to the computer falling off in the rental cube truck, arrgh) and I am trying to recover from that for a while without success, and also my USB/serial cable is broken (because of moving and packing impropery) so I can't extract my current r2sd (sprint 755pMR) for you. if you like others to help please request it here.

(For me I would try because the replacment is always a refurb/used one)

(This is after the fact..., but if you let's say deleted a file that you NEED, would you keep working on your computer? or turn it off the 'hard method' and then call someone and ask? (he would tell you to boot a 'dos'/usb pen to recover the file..

its the same goes for updating, if it freeze, you could try to lookup the keywords 'freeze' and 'kocoman' and then find your solution to your problem via http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=howto
    I did post the warning, just in the 'wrong' message that you did not look at...

more flames to set... (Sorry don't read if you don't want to, this should be posted to a blog instead but someday if possible)
    1) now everyone's looking/replying at 'THIS' thread instead of my original 1.04 update thread.. and people are making money off my ESN (and maybe lovedthetreo's) chaning using my method via EBAY/repair centers. Still nobody donates Palms to me for research even if they worked in a repair facility with over 4000 Palms a month, or a person that has over 10 broken palms who won't send to me. Probably because of my hard to understand post. but hey if you are good at one thing, the other things won't be good. (the reverse of Jack of all trades and master of none)

2) WRT-300n v1.1. DD-WRT forums people just keep requesting the fix, and not knowing how diffuclt it is to write/fix/debug a driver under a ARM CPU (not normal like Intel) without a simulator/wireless chipset PDF tech specs. (usually not released to the public)

3) Novatel/Sprint S620 ESN/MSL. at mobile file forums, everyone just 'bump', 'request solution pls..' without helping/learning at all. (that is called lamerz in the bbs world)

So finally ksash (ESN howto rewrite) and lovedatreo (755p conversion rewrite) comes to rewrite them for me and I am thankful to them. they understand that to help others is to help in anyway they can by their limit.
    It is not useful to follow another person's thread (ie: this thread) and then REPLY back to me in THIS thread..

I am giving information that I could have sell, but instead I choose to give for free, and then receive complains (and not questions) about how I 'missed' information. Would I need to put it in a PDF file with pictures and revisions, etc, before ever releasing it? its like I am not writing a THESIS paper.. its just something I've try and if you like it, please spend some time (at least 3 hours) to read through my previous posts .. even before attempting.

It does make me go to the forums less and less. I can see why faria and some bios's hackers (Brog) has been gone to other places that they are happy with.

My email is not working for some reason, please don't email me anymore
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    I have a lot of Blazer lockups after the update. The little swirly thing around the globe will stop, and Blazer will just sit there. I can press the phone key, and get out of it. Then go back in, and it will work fine for a while, then freezes. I have deleted the cookie file, history, and cache. Anyone have this issue, and maybe a fix?
    Matty
    I installed the update using the SD method. I NVBackuped first then hard reset. Installed the backup while sitting in the cradle. Everything went fine. I restored my backup. More resets than usual until incompatibilities got ironed out. The only changes I noticed were the DTMF tones fix and the in/out icons in the SMS app. I could NOT conjure the Bluetooth Audio menu item no matter what I did.

Listening to TreoCast #37, I heard about the MR having a Quick Launch feature similar to Bulter's. Also I heard that some people had had problems with the MR, but they were fixed after they installed it again. So I did. I installed the 1.07 update again, but this time I used the desktop updater while only connected to a brand new OEM USB sync cable (not the a/c charger). NOW, I can get the BT Audio menu, and without the older PhoneInterfaceLibrary. It's not there all the time, and does seem to show up more when BT is off. However, once I had connected it with my Plantronics Pulsar 590, the option was there constantly while connected to the headset, and after disconnecting from it, stayed for several tries in a row before finally disappearing again.

I still don't have any Quick Launch feature.

Another thing I noticed was the different PRL's. When I got my 755, before any updates, the PRL was 60610. After the SD update to 1.07, my PRL changed to 60608. After the PC re-update to 1.07, my PRL is back to 60610. During the 2nd update, I was watching the Treo's screen while the firmware was updating when I saw "Programming PRL..." If the PRL can change seemingly on its own, why would/should I need to call Sprint to have them "flag me for an update"? I mean, what would keep it from not automatically installing the newest, if it's available? Thanks for any insight on this.

Mark
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    The PRL doesn't update itself on it's own so you would have to contact them if you want the latest.
    My mini-SD card update completed perfectly. Backup and restore with BackupBuddy VFS Pro. Hard reset before inserting the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    The PRL doesn't update itself on it's own so you would have to contact them if you want the latest.
    Don't bother calling sprints CS .. if your like me I called 3 times for this issue and 2 out of the 3 didn't even know what a prl was. The third knew what it was but said they couldn't select any option to let my phone be updated. but maybe you will have better luck.
    I always do it through eCare. They know right away and flag it very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I always do it through eCare. They know right away and flag it very quickly.
    you know when I used to work at a sprint call center there was an option to have it updated so the next time the person calls in they would get the update but all 3 reps either said they didn't even know what it was and the other said that there was no way to check an option to have that done. I'm about to call in again because I have my buddies 755 in front of me and his prl is at 60611 and mine is at 60608.

EDIT:

Okay I called for a 4th time and I would just like to add as a note .. just ask them to transfer you to tech support. Most reps as I have found don't even know what a PRL is (shocking I know) so just ask for tech support and they will flag it in seconds.
    Last edited by syphex; 02/19/2008 at 12:43 PM.