Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Any more luck, Conrad?
    No, I've tried a couple of more times, but no luck. Always the same thing: the audio appears to be routed away from the external speaker, but it is silent in the A2DP headphones. THe headphones show a confirmed connection to the Treo via A2DP and AVRCP works with pockettunes, but that's it. I think that the audio encoding portion of the A2DP library wasn't included in the update. Perhaps we can pilfer that library from the Centro if it's ever updated to support A2DP.
    i never updated my PRL since i received my phone, i updated my PRL on my treo 700p back in the day and my service got worse so now i am scared to, lol

i am on PRL 60608
    I have been told, but am not sure that the PRL deal only with roaming off the network. Is that true??

Tx,

BB
    PRL
    (Preferred Roaming List)

The PRL is a list of information that resides in the memory of a digital phone. It lists the frequency bands the phone can use in various parts of the country. (The smaller bands within Cellular or PCS.)

The part of the list for each area is ordered by the bands the phone should try to use first. For example, say you had a Sprint PCS phone, and were travelling in an area with no Sprint coverage, weak Verizon coverage, and strong Qwest coverage. The PRL would tell the phone to look for towers using Sprint's band for that area. Finding none, it might tell the phone to search for towers in Verizon's band next, perhaps because Sprint's roaming agreement with Qwest was not as favorable, or none existed. The phone would use Verizon's towers, as dictated by the PRL, even though Qwest might provide a better signal.
    Many thanks for your thought explanation. Hence, I think I am correct in concluding that if one limits the phone to using only Sprint network (excludes roaming) then the PRL is not relevant.

My only concern is whether the PRL might, as a by-product, tell the phone something about the location of the Sprint towers. Yet it would seem that the strongest tower would win on its own.

Tante grazie italiangspot.

BB
    Is there an easy way to tell what are system files and what are not?

Quote Originally Posted by treotreo233 View Post
    well twitch3, you helped me a great deal.
    I must say, this last night was a learning experience. I did a hard reset, and instead of doing a full restore I restored my apps one by one using resco backup (I can never appreciate resco backup enough. if you are not using it you should be).
    after the hard reset bluetooth worked fine, which proves that it was a corrupt db somewhere. I restored my apps one by one, (and DID NOT restore system files, just apps), and lo and behold, my Treo is running FAST, stable, and bluetooth is running great.
    You mean which are ROM files?

If you use Filez, ROM files display with a little chip icon.
    Any body non Sprint has tried updating some of these new files with their phone. I am with Telus in Canada and my phone shows Treo755p-1.01-CDMA. I am not sure if and when Telus might release this for us as they are way behind the ball. I dont even see anything for the 700 yet. If somebody is willing to post the updated files guys like me could add these in the RAM to try it out. If it doesnt work, just erase and start again.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chakde View Post
    Any body non Sprint has tried updating some of these new files with their phone. I am with Telus in Canada and my phone shows Treo755p-1.01-CDMA. I am not sure if and when Telus might release this for us as they are way behind the ball. I dont even see anything for the 700 yet. If somebody is willing to post the updated files guys like me could add these in the RAM to try it out. If it doesnt work, just erase and start again.
    NO, NO, NO, NO. This is for Sprint phones only. You will risk bricking your Treo. This is a ROM update.
    does anyone know if NV Backup will restore my text messages after i do the update?
    Yes, NVBackup will restore your text messages and your phone history log.

I believe the phone history log is stored in file PhoneCallDB and the text messages are in the Messages Database.
    Quote Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
    Yes, NVBackup will restore your text messages and your phone history log.

I believe the phone history log is stored in file PhoneCallDB and the text messages are in the Messages Database.

thanks brobocop

also, does anyone know what theme/skin this is (from 1st page)

http://x8d.xanga.com/1e2c20043613317...w129912371.bmp
    One of the Palm Revolt skins on the site I'm sure.
    awesome

just completed the update on Leopard with a miniSD card...works awesome and NV Backup restored everything
    Got done with the firmware update also. Went the mSD way and happy to report that I had NO problems. did a restore with backupman and all is well. I dont see any benefit from doing the update though, has the same "speed". So, whatever we are doing the update for?? all went well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhwang View Post
    thanks brobocop

also, does anyone know what theme/skin this is (from 1st page)

http://x8d.xanga.com/1e2c20043613317...w129912371.bmp
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=194

(im using the palm revolt winxp royale theme)
    I posted this elsewhere but should have here:

After going to the trouble of upgrading (main trouble was re-establishing all the apps and some of the native data bases), I was sadden to observe that this morning the phone froze sometime between 3AM my last use of it and 5AM. By froze I mean, no buttons had any effect. A soft reset restored all functioning.

I did note (and this is consistent with one of the observations that has been made in this forum re causes of freezes) that at 5AM I could not place any calls (after the soft reset) because there was no signal. This is unusual in my location which usually has 5 bars. Soon the Sprint signal was restored and I could place calls.

I now wonder whether the occasional awakenings to a frozen phone at that location was caused by some disruption in the Sprint signal and not any app. or bad data base file??? I note that my wife's 755p has also frozen on rare occasions and she has NO non-native apps and does not "push" her phone much.

I was very surprised that even though I did a sync with my desktop before doing the upgrade, when I did a sync after the upgrade, it brought back long deleted items to my calendar, lost a whole category from the phonebook, failed to restore any of the registrations for my apps, did not restore my Blazer favs, etc. etc. I was able to reclaim all these by using the backup (BBuddy) on my card or reentering reg. codes. I really cannot understand that.

As others have asked, not sure what this upgrade did for me, but cost me some time and worry.

BB
    Many people have said it, as a general rule of thumb don't do an old backup restore or hotsync after upgrading the ROM.

Save yourself some hassle and start from scratch.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Blazorboy:
    As others have asked, not sure what this upgrade did for me, but cost me some time and worry.

It occupied about a half of an hour of your day.
    I was going to perform the ROM update but am too lazy to install one application one at a time... i would like to just reinstall everything from resco backup

i read that some people have restored the whole phone from a backup... so who knows if one way is better then the other

from all the post in this thread, the only thing that is certain from this upgrade is that u receive those arrows on your sms thread...i am pissed that they didnt include , launch anywhere and screen off during calls like the centro has