Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I didn't see these asked previously in this thread so here goes.

Can someone confirm that Mundu IM 4.1.0p build 10895 works with the new firmware? My 755 seems to reset frequently when I run this app in the background.

Can someone check to see if you have a headset plugged in and you receive a call, does the bluetooth headset answer the call or do you have to take the call on the handset still? The 650 didn't work this way.

Thanks a bunch
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    BTW, there is a newer version of Mundu on this forum somewhere. That may help things out...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishb View Post
    Sorry for the technical support-type questions here, guys. I got a phone (not my phone) to at least recognize that I'm putting a card in it. However, I get this message:
    the startup application for this card cannot be run

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Sounds like it's not getting inserted all the way. Try to push it the rest of the way with your fingernail or the tip of a knife, paper clip, etc.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    twitch3:
    It was getting inserted. Apparently, it wasn't good enough to simply erase the card as-is. I had to reformat it for MS-DOS. But things are now working. yay!
    Well, I had the 700p DUN hack and have never seen the Audio option under BT. Paired or not to my S9.
    the beta version 1.19 of SAG didn't fix my control options... I can still hear the music just fine but I still can't control anything. So I guess I have to wait for a newer beta to come out.
    I wanted to wait but my treo had been so sluggish I figured things couldnt be any worse. I did the upgrade Saturday night using the computer method as I have an sd card but dont own a card reader. I hotsynced....did the upgrade...the actual update took 33 mins...hotsynced again...the...and everyting was just peachy... for a while...

The IBM java was missing so the opera browser wouldnt launch so I attempted to install that again along with the call duration hack and I sent my phone into a reset loop. I dont know if I should have done them seperately or not at all, but eventually I was able to hard reset again and I installed everything manually instead of hotsyncing. So far, no more problems. I'm wary of attempting the java and call duration hack...has anyone reinstalled those items w/o issues? I had actually stopped using opera because it had actually gotten slower than blazer but I wanted to retry it since everyone was getting faster responses with this upgrade.

As far as the bluetooth menu...I dont think it was there when I looked for it this weekend but it is there now. I have a bluetooth headset but I havent paired it because the battery is ldead and I cant find the charger.

The only other issue is that I had some photos that I thought came as samples in splashphoto, but when I reinstalled the program, they werent present. I'd like to have those as I used them for backgrounds to my daily calendar.

What I really want is to install the call duration hack again...any feed back on that issue would be much appreciated.

eta: my battery life seems a little better. I hadnt charged it since I charged it Saturday night when I did the upgrade, and I havent used it much the last two days or so, but I just plugged it in to charge for work tomorrow and the battery was at 64%.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I've experimented with the Bluetooth audio menu now some more. I still can not consistently bring up the Bluetooth Audio menu. I have more luck getting it when Bluetooth is turned off. Once I get it, I turn Bluetooth on, and then I can enable the supposed Bluetooth audio features. However, I can not get audio to route to the headset no matter what I do. When it is set to enabled, audio does not play through the speaker, which suggests to me that audio is being sent elsewhere in the device; just not successfully to the headset. I have done all this testing with a freshly hard-reset device, with the only modification being the pairing of the headset and the installation of the overlay mentioned earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    No it still connect vis picture mail first, but if you have a cha thread going, you'll be able to see a minni copy in your thread.

can you, (or someone) take a screen cap of this?
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I'm wary of attempting the java and call duration hack...has anyone reinstalled those items w/o issues? I had actually stopped using opera because it had actually gotten slower than blazer but I wanted to retry it since everyone was getting faster responses with this upgrade.
    Just do a NVBackup before you install them, then it won't matter.

Opera Mini has always been slower for me than Blazer so I don't use it. Blazer actually works pretty good with the cache set to 0mb.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nerual96 View Post
    Can someone confirm that Mundu IM 4.1.0p build 10895 works with the new firmware? My 755 seems to reset frequently when I run this app in the background.
    I am using build 11046 with the Sprint 755p firmware update and it works fine.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I got SAG 1.19 to work with my setup. This is what I did to make it work.

1. Delete the headset in the bluetooth device menu.

2. Perform a backup to the card via backup man or other program.

3. Restore the device with everything except all the files associated with
    Audio Gateway.

4. Install Audio Gateway 1.19.

5. Perform a soft reset.

6. Add your bluetooth stereo headset to your bluetooth device list.

7. Perform a soft reset.

8. Pair your bluetooth stereo headset to the Treo within the bluetooth
    manager.

9. Perform a soft reset.

10. Turn on Audio Gateway via selecting A2DP Device, the option next to
    Internal Speaker.

11. Open Pocket Tunes ( the latest is 4.06 ) and start streaming.

Everything works in my setup with no freezes or other issues.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I wanted to wait but my treo had been so sluggish I figured things couldnt be any worse. I did the upgrade Saturday night using the computer method as I have an sd card but dont own a card reader. I hotsynced....did the upgrade...the actual update took 33 mins...hotsynced again...the...and everyting was just peachy... for a while...

The IBM java was missing so the opera browser wouldnt launch so I attempted to install that again along with the call duration hack and I sent my phone into a reset loop. I dont know if I should have done them seperately or not at all, but eventually I was able to hard reset again and I installed everything manually instead of hotsyncing. So far, no more problems. I'm wary of attempting the java and call duration hack...has anyone reinstalled those items w/o issues? I had actually stopped using opera because it had actually gotten slower than blazer but I wanted to retry it since everyone was getting faster responses with this upgrade.

As far as the bluetooth menu...I dont think it was there when I looked for it this weekend but it is there now. I have a bluetooth headset but I havent paired it because the battery is ldead and I cant find the charger.

The only other issue is that I had some photos that I thought came as samples in splashphoto, but when I reinstalled the program, they werent present. I'd like to have those as I used them for backgrounds to my daily calendar.

What I really want is to install the call duration hack again...any feed back on that issue would be much appreciated.

eta: my battery life seems a little better. I hadnt charged it since I charged it Saturday night when I did the upgrade, and I havent used it much the last two days or so, but I just plugged it in to charge for work tomorrow and the battery was at 64%.
    I have reinstalled the Java JVM and the phone call duration hack after updating to 1.07. I was able to restore the phone hack from a Unicmd backup, but had to reload JVM off a .zip download. No issues so far. I also reinstalled the tether hack, but haven't had a chance to test it yet.
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    I got SAG 1.19 to work with my setup. This is what I did to make it work.

1. Delete the headset in the bluetooth device menu.

2. Perform a backup to the card via backup man or other program.

3. Restore the device with everything except all the files associated with
    Audio Gateway.

4. Install Audio Gateway 1.19.

5. Perform a soft reset.

6. Add your bluetooth stereo headset to your bluetooth device list.

7. Perform a soft reset.

8. Pair your bluetooth stereo headset to the Treo within the bluetooth
    manager.

9. Perform a soft reset.

10. Turn on Audio Gateway via selecting A2DP Device, the option next to
    Internal Speaker.

11. Open Pocket Tunes ( the latest is 4.06 ) and start streaming.

Everything works in my setup with no freezes or other issues.

What headset do you have and do all the controls work from the headset? Mine streams just fine but I lost all the controls on my headset since the update.
    deleting all BT devices (all showing by their address anyway) and then pairing them again allowed SAG to work for me post 1.07.
    yep.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    What headset do you have and do all the controls work from the headset? Mine streams just fine but I lost all the controls on my headset since the update.

My bluetooth stereo headset is a Sony Ericsson HBH-DS980. It's awesome !
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Did the update last night. Purposely made it painless by NOT doing a clean install of apps - NVbackup > hard reset > sd card update > NVbackup full restore. No issues with the install nor the full restore (for now). This would be the first time I didn't do a clean install when upgrading or updating a PDA. We'll see what happens.

They fixed the DTMF tone bug. That was worth the update to me because it was annoying as hell. Also some cosmetic updates with SMS app - have you guys noticed how it truncates the SMS chat thread to minimize loading time. No discernible speed increase since mine was fine before the update.

They did NOT fix the alerts volume ramp up bug - had to reinstall the 3 tone library files to fix it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Based on mini's blog entry I posted about earlier suggesting that a hack was possible to enable the menu item, and based on what I remember from Shadowmite's explanation of how he enabled Bluetooth DUN on the 650 years ago, I figured that the menu must be there, just hidden/disabled in the PRC as DUN was back then. Furthermore, I figured that the reason some people could see it and other couldn't had something to do with how they restored their 755p - or to be more precise, what files were being restored. That led me to the solution.

The answer: the menu item appears for those who still had the 700p DUN hack in their backup.

To get the menu on your own Treo 755p, you only need to follow the 700p DUN install instructions originally posted by SKYravefever and hosted by TC member vocaro. Here's the quick and dirty version:
    1. download the hack, which is called an overlay, for the PhoneInterfaceLibrary.
    2. rename it to PhoneInterfaceLibrary.prc
    3. copy it to your SD card (DO NOT USE HOTSYNC TO INSTALL THIS FILE)
    4. using FileZ or Resco Explorer to copy the file from the SD card to RAM.
    5. reset for good measure.

In my experience so far, the menu item appears on every-other launch of the Bluetooth application. I have not yet tested the A2DP or AVRCP functionality, but I hope this information will enable other forum members to do that.
    --Conrad

Well that didn't work for me no matter how many time I re-enter the bluetooth menu..
    I got the menu option for the first time today. Lost it after I reset. Don't know how it go there. Don't know how to get it back. Seems like the Taxi Easter Egg.
    hmm I did notice that since installing the update that DUN is a little fast.. I used to average about 500kb/s in my house and now Im getting around 900kb/s... though my buddies centro in the same spot is running at 1500kb/s ..