Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    followed the link to palm
    selected the don't wanna use an expansion card
    downloaded the file
    pulled the zipper down
    clicked on the updater icon
    a little window opened expressing it's joy at decompressing files
    when it got done a NOTEPAD file opened named INDEX and stared at me.

is there some sort of drug i'm supposed to be on to do this without using my mem card?
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    read through the posts, and decided that

a. if the instructions at the website do not work.

and

b. if nothing wonderful will occur if i manage to spend enough of my time to do the research to get them to work.

and

c. my phone works just fine as it is.

then

d. i must not need it.

out of thread
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdupree View Post
    If the aGPS feature was enabled in the ROM update youd see coordinants of where your standing...... I think.
    You have to set the PDE IP address in QPST I think to see it.

but all I can find is the Sprint's PDE IP. Since I am in Canada I have not find any PDE IP Address for Bell or Telus.

I tried the E911 method but it still gives me 0 for location
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Just for your information. Softick has published a beta version of Softick Audio Gateway 1.19 to resolve Treo 755P AVRCP issues.

Direct download link:
    http://www.softick.com/files/audioga...-Installer.prc

I'd be just happy if you drop us a line with your results. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarhead View Post
    followed the link to palm
    selected the don't wanna use an expansion card
    downloaded the file
    pulled the zipper down
    clicked on the updater icon
    a little window opened expressing it's joy at decompressing files
    when it got done a NOTEPAD file opened named INDEX and stared at me.

is there some sort of drug i'm supposed to be on to do this without using my mem card?
    Tarhead,

This is exactly what happened to me. I thought it was because my file assoc. got screwed up, but they seem ok. I still don't know what's causing this. If anyone has any idea, I'm all ears.
    the only reason that your update wouldn't start is A. You have your files in the wrong place on your card or B. Once you put the files on the hard pull the card out and replace it back into the phone.

If done right the update should start up immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmp@softick View Post
    Just for your information. Softick has published a beta version of Softick Audio Gateway 1.19 to resolve Treo 755P AVRCP issues.

Direct download link:

SAG was working fine for me until the 755p 1.07 upgrade. Then SAG stopped sending audio to headphones - I updated to this version, but I still get no audio after the update.
    yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmp@softick View Post

Direct download link:

I also had the problem of no longer being able to control the phone thru the device.. I will install this today and let you know how it worked out tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    the only reason that your update wouldn't start is A. You have your files in the wrong place on your card or B. Once you put the files on the hard pull the card out and replace it back into the phone.

If done right the update should start up immediately.
    But this is not using the expansion card method. This is using the .exe file. Hm, I noticed it extracts just fine from my work PC, but not from my home PC. Guess I'll have to sync it at the office to make it work.
    ahh sorry I thought you were talking about the SD card method..
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    the best part about the 'won't load trauma' is that palm refers to sprint, and sprint hasn't even acknowledged it exists any more than the palm forum acknowledges it. odd thing that - the palm forum has no mention of the update...

when it comes to customer service, palm has the knowledge and a history of not particularly caring, and sprint has a history of caring but not knowing...

quite the paradox.
    Finally saw the BT audio menu once after 4 days.

Now it's gone again.
    lol Ive been looking everyday since I updated and no go yet lol but I have SAG so Im not really worried about a2dp.
    Just for clarification it's not related to being paired with a stereo bt headset or not, as I don't even own one.
    Based on mini's blog entry I posted about earlier suggesting that a hack was possible to enable the menu item, and based on what I remember from Shadowmite's explanation of how he enabled Bluetooth DUN on the 650 years ago, I figured that the menu must be there, just hidden/disabled in the PRC as DUN was back then. Furthermore, I figured that the reason some people could see it and other couldn't had something to do with how they restored their 755p - or to be more precise, what files were being restored. That led me to the solution.

The answer: the menu item appears for those who still had the 700p DUN hack in their backup.

To get the menu on your own Treo 755p, you only need to follow the 700p DUN install instructions originally posted by SKYravefever and hosted by TC member vocaro. Here's the quick and dirty version:
    1. download the hack, which is called an overlay, for the PhoneInterfaceLibrary.
    2. rename it to PhoneInterfaceLibrary.prc
    3. copy it to your SD card (DO NOT USE HOTSYNC TO INSTALL THIS FILE)
    4. using FileZ or Resco Explorer to copy the file from the SD card to RAM.
    5. reset for good measure.

In my experience so far, the menu item appears on every-other launch of the Bluetooth application. I have not yet tested the A2DP or AVRCP functionality, but I hope this information will enable other forum members to do that.
    --Conrad
    Last edited by Conrad; 02/04/2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added correct instructions reference
    Quick update:
    I just did a quick test with an HBH-DS970 and AVRCP works: can pause, play, skip forward and back, but audio does not seem to work.
    so with out having SAG installed you can control say ptunes?
    I have SAG installed but no activated. In fact, I still have the incompatible SAG 1.17 installed. If I have any time tonight, my testing protocol will focus on first testing everything with a completely clean hard-rest 755p, and only installing the overlay and pairing the HBH-DS970. I will try to figure out how to make it work with any predictability and post my findings.
    Sorry for the technical support-type questions here, guys. I got a phone (not my phone) to at least recognize that I'm putting a card in it. However, I get this message:
    the startup application for this card cannot be run

Any suggestions are appreciated.

EDITED:
    I tried many times again. Found a solution! When erasing and reformatting the sd card, I had to format it for MS DOS (as opposed to the other 10 or so options). Actually got it to work!!!
    Last edited by trishb; 02/04/2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: fixed it mah-self