Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Thanks italiangspot. I have been meaning to do that- good reminder.
    I have version 3.3a and I have it paired with a Plantronics 665. After the update I had to enter my info again and it paired immediatley and the bluetooth audio menu is still there.

note: I don't know if this is significant but even though I click to "enable" audio State on the 2nd menu, when I check back it is disabled. Anyone know why? I do have the item checked to allow pTunes control enabled.
    Last edited by cscott44; 02/03/2008 at 01:51 PM. Reason: left out some information
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    ran the update. phone seems to be pretty darn fast...
    So basically what I'm guessing is that you have to have it paired with a stereo headset in order to see the menu.
    Does bluetooth connections still get dropped especially when on standby? Or is it still the same 1.2 standard?
    ARGHGHGH!!

I have a Mac, which means I must use a miniSD. I went to BestBuy AND the Sprint store, and neither even CARRY straight miniSD, only the micro to mini conversion. Sprint, the company with the phone and the updates that require a native miniSD, does not carry miniSD.

What should I do?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishb View Post
    ARGHGHGH!!

I have a Mac, which means I must use a miniSD. I went to BestBuy AND the Sprint store, and neither even CARRY straight miniSD, only the micro to mini conversion. Sprint, the company with the phone and the updates that require a native miniSD, does not carry miniSD.

What should I do?
    Like i posted earlier I did two of mine with micro SD cards and adapters.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    So basically what I'm guessing is that you have to have it paired with a stereo headset in order to see the menu.
    Not with my 3 Treos, its sporadic. Havent been able to find a common way.
    That's odd, because I haven't seen it at all. Not even once...
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    That's odd, because I haven't seen it at all. Not even once...
    Papped, I may have found a way to get it to show every time....

From your phone go to the launcher menu using the hard key, then go directly to the phone again (using the hard key), now using the stylus directly tap bluetooth, tap bluetooth in the top left of screen, if it doesnt show go back to the phone (by tapping done in bottom left hand corner) and tap the bluetooth icon again.

Did it work?
    I use takephone so that might interfere with the reproducibility. Didn't feel like going through the trouble of disabling it, hehe.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I use takephone so that might interfere with the reproducibility. Didn't feel like going through the trouble of disabling it, hehe.
    Im using ZLauncher....
    well I lost the menu when I actually used my bluetooth headset and cannot get it back. Oh well
    Yeah I use zlauncher also, but I can exit out of that easily. Takephone replaces your phone dial menu.
    Thanks, vjdupree.
    I hadn't seen that you'd had success that way. It seems moronic that not even Sprint sells plain ol' mini SDs right? But then, so much of Sprint is moronic....

EDITED TO ADD:

Okay, I tried it with the micro --> mini. No dice. I followed the directions to the T and when I put the card in the phone...nothing. It just does nothing. What in the world am I possibly doing wrong? I swear, I'm not a computer/phone moron. I don't know what the deal is with this. Halp, please.
    Last edited by trishb; 02/03/2008 at 07:33 PM. Reason: quandry
    I would see if you can use a PC for a little bit. You gotta know someone with a PC just to do the update, doing the version that doesnt use a sd card.
    It may seem incredible, but I actually don't have any friends with PCs. Everyone I know has Mac laptops and I work for myself, so there aren't any "company computers" I can use. I suppose I could try and take it to an internet cafe, but I don't know how "safe" that is. Rargy.
    You can get a 1gb mini sd for $1.99 + whatever s/h is (youd have to check because i didn't).

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MiniSD...bosnation0e-20

No guarantees it will work any better than the micro sd with adapter though.
    No blue tooth audio.

Power Feature is also missing.

Wondering if it's something to do with restoring from a backup?
    I did a fresh hard reset after the update and I still don't have BT audio, so it has nothing to do with that.