Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    So what is that supposed to show? I've never heard of this. When I do either of those I get the location screen, but all the numbers listed are '0'.
    If the aGPS feature was enabled in the ROM update youd see coordinants of where your standing...... I think.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    All 0s here too. I don't know if it's been mentioned but I just sent a Picture Mail (Sprint) and my message was copied to my chat in messaging. If I tap on the message it opens and the pic I sent appears above the message I sent. A picture mail message would never show up in the chat before.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    All 0s here too. I don't know if it's been mentioned but I just sent a Picture Mail (Sprint) and my message was copied to my chat in messaging. If I tap on the message it opens and the pic I sent appears above the message I sent. A picture mail message would never show up in the chat before.
    So you have picture texting?
    Did it say you were connecting to picture mail?
    No it still connect vis picture mail first, but if you have a cha thread going, you'll be able to see a minni copy in your thread.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    No it still connect vis picture mail first, but if you have a cha thread going, you'll be able to see a minni copy in your thread.
    Mine are not on Sprint so i cant use yhe picture mail, I wonder if theres a way to make this picture txt msging??????
    Wow, I just saw my writing...sorry, I was at my son's soccer meeting & was hiding my Treo

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    Did they give you (or any of the beta testers) a comprehensive list of what was fixed/changed/addressed/updated for this release? Also, any word if this will make its way to the Verizon version of the 755p or is this a Sprint-exclusive update?

For the record I'd like to see Palm issue a final 755p ROM fix to address/update the following:

-VersaMail 4.01 (or newer)
    -Blazer 4.5.8 (from the Centro)
    -The missing Centro fixes (backlight off during call etc) listed earlier on this thread and at Treonauts
    -Google Mobile Maps location services

Less likely but still fantastic would be native A2DP support (even if only for PTunes!) along with fixing the 32-bit card info to recognize 8gb and larger SDHC memory cards.
    Sorry - I don't really peruse this forum much anymore...

No, Palm did not give us any detailed info on what the 1.06 (codename Watson) was supposed to do or fix. They basically were wanting us to test the installation procedure after all of the 700p MR fiasco. Most people had no trouble doing the update. For the few that did they had them try again with a 1.07 version of the updater.

For the most part all we could tell that was fixed was the extra tone issue. Just as users are seeing here the majority of the beta testers had little trouble installing and it was hit or miss as to why some others had issues. Only a couple of people (I think there were about 200 total) fried their phones so I think Palm considered it a success.

Many questions/complaints were raised as to why they did not offer an upgrade to some of the ROM apps like versamail and ptunes and so forth - those questions/complaints were never answered.....

I think that the update was done (back in November) before the Google Maps update came out so that is probably why this function was not added - it was done awhile ago. I can't remember that timeline exactly but I think Palm's software update preceded the Gmaps update.

All I can say, again, is good luck evereybody.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Why would some of you not do a hard reset before you do the update? It is Step 4 of the update instructions on the Palm website.
    I did the update, everything went fine until the end. Instead of getting a message that the update was complete, or the phone resetting itself one last time, I got a blank screen, the phone was unresponsive to pressing any keys and the keyboard lights were flashing! I was afraid maybe the phone was bricked, but I pulled out the battery, put it back in, restored the system from the SD card using Resco Backup, and all seems to be well. The phone info screen shows version 1.07 and the built-in apps show the updated version numbers. Keeping my fingers crossed...
    Everything worked great for me; and I have done this twice now; 1.06 and now 1.07
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerUser View Post
    Why would some of you not do a hard reset before you do the update? It is Step 4 of the update instructions on the Palm website.
    "4 This is the final screen of the updater software. Make sure the charger is still plugged into your Treo 755p and then wait for the Palm logo to appear after the final reset."

This step 4?
    Quote Originally Posted by HHSP_user View Post
    there is no significant difference between the two. it's the form factor that looks different but what's inside, they're pretty the same.
    Centro uses MEID and not ESN (Radio modem is different) and the ##UPST/DIAG option is different
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerrx View Post
    TAKE NOTE:Prior to doing the update, my 755 reset 3 or 4 times since I received it when they first came out. It would sometimes grind to a halt, but not actually reset. POST MR Update, it has reset 5 times TODAY! While the interface is much more responsive, these resets remind me of the 700p problems. I would NOT do the MR again.
    My random resets were due to text messages coming in. After the ROM update, once I restored the data - I continued to get random resets.

Then, I deleted the SMS database via Filez, and now (after launching the text msg app - it automatically recreates the database) I haven't had a random reset in well over 24 hours.

Personally, I believe random resets are due to a corrupted database of specific application. Good luck trying to track it down!

As a side note to my update, everything is working wonderfully now. However, it still doesn't allow me to use 411 via the OnDemand application. It searches, downloads the data and then doesn't display anything. Probably a corrupted database there as well. Just have to figure out which one.

Other than that it's working better than it ever has! Love the update. Speed is great!
    I have this memu now after my update. Hope it doesn't disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by EazyE View Post
    http://x56.xanga.com/f9dc341705c3017...w129972852.bmp

This is the bluetooth Audio menu i got but it keeps disappearing after i use Card Reader to upload the pic from using Snap to take a screenshot. something is fishy here. it does NOT come back after resets or even hard reset. i guess just time brings it back for my device at least. its the most frustrating thing i've ever dealt with. menu's shouldn't just disappear!

my messaging app is v2.7 did that change from non-updated users? (im using the palm revolt winxp royale theme)
    It looks like the Bluetooth Audio choice comes & goes for me

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    hmmm why is this new bluetooth audio menu is completely random? what makes your phone come up with this or not?
    Nm, just noticed the BT was turned off.

What version of BT manager do those of you with the BT audio options have again?

Also do you have it paired with a stereo headset?
    Crowza, about a week ago when I went into On Demand it showed updating databases to premium, and after that I was unable to get On Demand 411 to work or the dictionary app. It does the same thing you describe. I think Sprint changed this to paid for only. I am on Sero, and right after that they migrated my account to the new ensemble database. Prior to that these apps worked fine.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Does it have to detect a an Bluetooth Audio Device (paired or unpaired) before the menu option appears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    Crowza, about a week ago when I went into On Demand it showed updating databases to premium, and after that I was unable to get On Demand 411 to work or the dictionary app. It does the same thing you describe. I think Sprint changed this to paid for only. I am on Sero, and right after that they migrated my account to the new ensemble database. Prior to that these apps worked fine.
    u and crowza should try this for 411.. forget ondemand, haha

http://www.tryda.com/Public/Default.aspx