1. DKC
    I bought a 650 from a friend last year and after a while it kept turning itself off. After trying everything under the sun I gave up and recently got myself a new 680.

Now the 650 just sitting in a drawer and I'm wondering, what, if anything, can I do with it? When it's ON, it works fine, it just sometimes will go totally dead anywhere from 1-30 times per day.

I also have another 650 he brought me, but we found out the keyboard is messed up on it (not exactly sure how) so it wasn't of use to me.

Any ideas?
    Well, you can try selling them to me..

I had a Treo 650 that kept shutting down, actually turning the radio off. what I did was to take a business card and cut it just about the size of the SIM chip and place that under the chip. So it will go, SIM tray, paper, SIM chip. This pushes the chip up a little more and the contacts stay connected. I haven't had any more problems with mine.

Keyboards, I have. What is "messed up" about it? Broken buttons and such? Get a new keyboard from ebay...
  3. DKC
    I actually tried the sim card trick but it didn't work. What was so crazy about it is that at times it would go for nearly all day without turning off, but then I'd wake up in the morning to find it dead. I'd take it to work, set it on my desk and it'd be ok all day, then the next day I'd take it to work and set it on my desk and it'd die 15 times.

On the keyboard of the other one...it looks ok so I'm not sure the exact problem. I'll have to ask him.
    I had a very similar thing happen with my Sprint/Verizon/Hackintreo. The power connector for the battery broke on the motherboard, and it was making an intermittent connection. Sometimes it'd be fine, other times you look at it the wrong way and it turns off or resets.