1. DJT
    Is there a way to just browse a MiniSDHC card's files from a PC, using the Treo 755p as a reader? Alternatively, is there at least a way to see and move ANY files from the Treo? I need to move files into specific folders on the card to get some applications to work properly, and the FileManager program that you can get with the 755p seems to be selectively hiding files and folders and I need to access/change. I don't have a SDHC reader, so I'm kind of stuck at the moment with no other way to move files around on my 4GB SDHC card.

Also.. I've got an SD reader built into my Dell XPS, but it doesn't support SDHC... any way to update this so it does? That might be a better solution, if it's possible.

Thanks in advance
    Softick Card Export 2

http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/

You connect your 755p via usb and then connect with the software and it mounts the sdhc card as a logical disk.
    I would recommend a couple things. First, as Papped suggested there are two software apps, that enable your card to be read as a USB device. He mentioned one; the other is an app called "Card Reader." Neither is very expensive. However, I would also look at actual SDHC card readers as they are not typically that high either. The advantage of the two apps mentioned above, though is that you do not have to remove the card from the Treo for it to be read.

Also, I would recommend scrapping the app "Files" and getting FileZ. It is a freeware app that will enable you to manage your files better, both on the card and on your Treo. Finally, if you really want the best in File Managers, get Resco Explorer. There is a bit of a learning curve, but it is a great app.

Stu
  4. DJT
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm trying Softick Card Export 2 right now and that seems to be EXACTLY what I was looking for... it basically turns the Treo into an SDHC reader, which is great. I'll probably upgrade my file manager as well, as the Files app is definitely kind of limited.
    mOcean does a pretty good job of this too. I suggest that so you got a media player as well.
    I'm a CardReader fan.
    One caution with this approach - the worst crashes I have ever had on my computer were when I had my treo mounted on my desktop (Mac) and had forgotten to turn off the phone and received an incoming call or SMS. Utter chaos including Treo crash, Mac crash (yes!) and loosing all of the work I had been doing.

My advice: turn off your phone (the cellular radio). connect. do your transfers. Turn back on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by aetrix9 View Post
    One caution with this approach - the worst crashes I have ever had on my computer were when I had my treo mounted on my desktop (Mac) and had forgotten to turn off the phone and received an incoming call or SMS. Utter chaos including Treo crash, Mac crash (yes!) and loosing all of the work I had been doing.

My advice: turn off your phone (the cellular radio). connect. do your transfers. Turn back on the phone.
    Yup I have had troubles with that as well... I do try not to use my Treo as a card reader as much as i can. Word of advise... get a dedicated SDHC USB card reader... there's one about $15 in Best buy, the Sandisk Mobile Mate. Its portable and safe. Well worth the $15, given the risks.
    I use Card Reader via Bluetooth along with Blue Files - just hate those cables.

Ben
  10. DJT
    That's odd that you guys had trouble with things crashing when transferring and getting a call or text message on the phone. I had the same thing happen while I was transferring some files yesterday and didn't experience any kind of crash on the phone or PC. Maybe I was just lucky...
    I use CardReader all the time and inevitably when I am in the middle of using it, someone calls my phone. I have never experienced any kind of crash or hangup or anything.
    I'm still new, and used the cardreader trial, and I think card export as well. Is there a difference between the 2 beside the about $4 price? I don't seem to recall a difference.

I also should be getting a blue tooth dongle soon, any one better than the other for transfering files via BT?