1.    #1  
    I just got my Centro last night and trying to slowly convert over to it from my 700wx.. I'm a noob to the palm OS. I have a free version on TCMP for my 700wx.. I'm wondering if I can just use load that cab file to my Centro, or is it different for Palm (since my 700wx is windows mobile)

I did a quick search and couldn't find any answers

or should I search the 700p forum because the most 700p apps will run on the Centro?
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...
    I don't know if you meant TCPMP, if so yes your going to need the .PRC file and not the .CAB.

Windows mobile devices use a .CAB file format and Palm devices use .PRC. It was something I also had to get used to also.

Here is the link: TCPMP
  3.    #3  
    Yea... TCPMP thats what I meant. Thanks.

There are about 7 links.. do I need to DL each of those?
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...
    TCPMP sux
    Helpful post! What about it sux??? It's free, easy to use and works...I can see how that would be annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Helpful post! What about it sux??? It's free, easy to use and works...I can see how that would be annoying.
    I meant that pTunes seems to be much better
    So why bother with TCPMP ? One glaring deficiency is that you can't control it using the keypad, you have to use the touchscreen for almost everything. This shows the developer might be a good programmer for media encoding stuff, but a completely clueless about user interfaces. Too bad that ruins everything
    Quote Originally Posted by user123455 View Post
    I meant that pTunes seems to be much better
    So why bother with TCPMP ? One glaring deficiency is that you can't control it using the keypad, you have to use the touchscreen for almost everything. This shows the developer might be a good programmer for media encoding stuff, but a completely clueless about user interfaces. Too bad that ruins everything
    Most of us use TCPMP for converted movies and TV shows, pTunes can't do that. I've got 8 movie and 10 TV shows on my SD card, no need for a video iPod...
    Right, it's useful as a video player, but it sux as a media center app (browsing, playlists, radio)
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStatus View Post
    Yea... TCPMP thats what I meant. Thanks.

There are about 7 links.. do I need to DL each of those?
    The one on the bottom that says US Mirror. the others are plugins if you want to play that particular file type.
    Quote Originally Posted by user123455 View Post
    TCPMP sux
    The OP has used TCPMP on a 700wx and wants it for the Centro, so obvioulsy doesn't share your opinion. Neither do I.