Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    After 1.12 update, SMS is limited to 160 character only

    Anyone has the solution yet?
  2. #2  
    My 680 has always been that way. The second message doesn't always deliver either...
  3. #3  
    Odd. My 680 breaks it into however many messages it takes. Reading the various threads, it seems that is the case for many 680's. I am on T-Mobile, however.
  4. simba's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Odd. My 680 breaks it into however many messages it takes. Reading the various threads, it seems that is the case for many 680's. I am on T-Mobile, however.
    I mentioned this on another thread - but I'm okay with over 160 characters. I'm also with TMO, if it makes a difference.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  5.    #5  
    I am with Optus Australia

    I tried to install 1.12 and 2.12 , both are having a similar problem on the sms application

    1.12 is better in a way it does not crash with chatteremail
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    1.12 is better in a way it does not crash with chatteremail
    There's an update for chatter to 3.0.17, that may help.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  7. #7  
    I used the following method to solve the problem last time when I faced it.

    Here's a step by step how to:
    1. Download Filez if you don't already have it, and run it.
    2. Go to "View Preferences" (If you're in "View and edit files" mode, press "close" to go back to the main screen).
    3. Choose 'Saved' on the selection on the right side.
    4. Find PIL! key and delete it.
    5. Done, it doesn't even need a reset.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks gnowr

    I have tried this method before.. still no luck

    I found out the message is truncated when I am using australian simcard
    but not any other country sim card ( I tried singaporean / indonesian simcard)

    Weird huh ?

    The last solution , palm australia is issuing a service number for my treo, they are gonna give me a swap replacement with 1.0.4 rom
  9. dakidd93's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #9  
    I don't have that problem... I am on an AT&T Treo 680. I can exceed the 160 character limit. But when I get in the neighborhood of 420 characters, the message ususally doesn't get delieverd.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidd93 View Post
    I don't have that problem... I am on an AT&T Treo 680. I can exceed the 160 character limit. But when I get in the neighborhood of 420 characters, the message ususally doesn't get delieverd.

    Same here, I'm on ATT, and I send texts in the 200 - 300 character area every day. The go right through with no problem, and come through as 1 message on other 680's, and a 750W just fine.

Posting Permissions