1.    #1  
    I exported my contacts from an old version of Palm Desktop Software to a .csv file and tried to import them to the new Palm Desktop Software that came with my Centro but all the fields are wrong. I searched the net and found several solutions i.e changing the names of the columns but nothing works! Any suggestions please?
    Do you have outlook? Try importing to oulook and hotsync to that - you have to change your contact conduit. Then you can change the contacs conduit back to PalmDesktop if that is what you wish. Good luck and welcome to TC.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pronetin View Post
    I exported my contacts from an old version of Palm Desktop Software to a .csv file and tried to import them to the new Palm Desktop Software that came with my Centro but all the fields are wrong. I searched the net and found several solutions i.e changing the names of the columns but nothing works! Any suggestions please?
    You could export from the Centro and match the columns of the old .csv file to the Centro's before importing the modified file.
    If you have your old PDA, you could try beaming a individual contact from the old PDA to your new one.

If that works, then beam the 'all' category.

Frank
    Hello ? possible solutions

1. Write a short python script to rearrange the columns.

2. Install old version of palm desktop and use it to hotsync centro

NEVER EVER use outlook for contacts, it has BY FAR the worst import/export facilities of any software I ever used. Those morons at microshaft probably had this feature done by a summer intern, which subsequently dropped out of college and found a more suitable job at macdonalds.