1.    #1  
    Specifically, I have a Treo 650, with Palm OS 5.4, but I've never had problems running earlier Palm programs. I want to control a Comcast cable box and a Phillips TV.

Also, I tried OmniRemote but it won't install, and TV Remote 101 (http://tv-remote-101.en.softonic.com/palm) needs HATcker101 hardware.
    Last edited by Sims2789; 01/29/2008 at 10:25 PM.
    You might want to read up on this. If I recall correctly, the IR is too weak on a Treo 650 to make a good remote.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Why don't you want to pay for something you need?
    Yep, the IR thing worked well with the 600, but not too well at all on the 650/700. Ben
    He's been pestering people in IRC channels about this stuff too..

How to get something like this for free: Don't go to Star*ucks 4 times. Find $20 in pocket. Free money! Buy software!

The 650 and the 680 work fine for remote controls, however it has to be pointed directly at the sensor and no more than 10 feet away to work reliably. Works fine for me in my smallish den, YMMV. I'd get trials first, I'm sure there are. I use NR Deluxe.
    Heres a better idea . . . BUY A UNIVERSAL REMOTE
    Eric "FerretBOY" T.
    Sprint Centro in Black - Stewie skin on top. (What the Deuce???)
    Running Lightspeed for battery and CPU boost.

"Welcome to Sprint . . . Sorry, you live in a backwater area that doesn't support EVDO . . . You lose . . . Please HOLD, while we place you on HOLD!!"

If G-D didnt want man to have a treo, he wouldnt give us opposable thumbs to type on its keyboard !