1.    #1  
    I have two phones with AT&T (one is the std free phone and one is a Cingular Treo 650). I need to move the phone number of the free phone to the Treo 650. AT&T tells me that I need a new SIM card in the Treo to change the phone number.

Where is the best place to buy a card for a Cingular Treo 650 that is now under AT&T service? Is this fairly simple or are their hidden caveats.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Do you want to move the same phone number or have a new phone number? I'm confused.

I would just move the sim to the 650 and see if it works!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Since your Treo is Cingular, it should be a GSM phone and it uses a SIM card. Your other phone is with AT&T so it should be GSM and may use a SIM card also. (Most GSM phones do)

You can simply try to put that SIM into your Treo and see if it works. There is a chance it will just work – if it works if your Cingular is UNLOCKED. If it complains about locking/unable to register, it means that your Cingular Treo is LOCKED – only Cingular SIM will work.

It is very unlikely AT&T will sell you a Cingular SIM any more. (Try going to your Chrysler dealer to get an AMC.)

But all is NOT lost. You can UNLOCK your Treo. There are services that will unlock your Treo (and many other phones for that matter). I recall I use one such service ($10-$15) to unlock a Cingular, but I cannot remember the URL.

The good thing about UNLOCK is, once unlocked, you can use any SIM. When you travel, or you want to switch to another GSM carrier, you can just plug the new SIM in. (T-Mobile is the other GSM carrier in the USA).

Good luck.
    If you need to unlock your Treo, before you pay a service try calling AT&T/Cingular and explaining your situation. I don't know what their policy is now, but a few years ago I was able to get my phone unlocked for free just by calling Cingular and telling them that I was going overseas and needed to use a local SIM when I got there.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71