Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I have tried to sell my Treo 650 on ebay without results. I am wondering what is a reasonable price to expect.

I was listing a newish (received recently on swap due to problems with previous unit) Treo 650, with charger, sync cable and extra battery for $85. I thought this was reasonable, but I had no takers...

What would be a resonable price to expect to move the phone, charger, sync cable and extra battery?
    I actually have two units, (mine and my wife's) with a spare battery for each, as well as charging and sync cables. They are Sprint uints (with new Sprint logo), work well and have clean ESN numbers.

We "upgraded" to the Centro.

They are just gathering dust right now...

-Sean
    You had me thiking 'not too bad' of a price until you said Centro. . .

That $99 little guy is your competition. When each new Treo was $399 with a new contract. . . .there was some room in the resale market . . . . not anymore.
    I seriously would not lower the price any, that is an excellent price if it works good and has no scratches on the screen. Personally, I would wait even another month and re-list it. The Centro may be lower priced, buy in my honest opinion - I feel it looks sort of toy like. I know my husband could not use it, with those teeny buttons. I would not hesitate at all to buy another used 650 if something happened to my husband's current one. It is solid and he can use all the buttons. I think people will always want used 650's.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Your price for the 650 is a steal with the accessories and no contract needed. The Centro is $99 after a two-year contract isn't it??
    Lot's of factors go into this.

$85 is a good price.

But you have to admit the market is much different than a year ago.

Add in:
    A buy new w/ warranty from a national firm or buy used w/o warranty from an unknown entity question . . . . . and you can see the potential buyer squint. Not to mention the EVDO difference.

What is it worth? It's worth what someone is willing to pay. And the first time around you had no takers.

As suggested, I would wait and re post the ad. . . . . . . you may find that 650 buyer out there. . . . but I still believe your potential market is much smaller than it has been before.

Try posting in the TC Forum marketplace, as well.

Good Luck.
    Good points. I would also suggest to list it in your local craigslist. the ads are free and you won't have as big a market as ebay for potential buyers - in other words, there won't be 200 other possible 650's on there for sale.

Good luck
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    The other factor with eBay is what's your feedback rating? If you have any negatives, or even just a low number of positives, I know I would tend to go with another seller. Not too much you can do about that part though.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input. I will stick to my price, which I thought was reasonable (if not cheap). I will post on the TC Marketplace. My Ebay rating is all good with ~50 ratings. Now with ebay listings cheaper, I might give it another shot. Third option will be craig's list.

I find the Centro a step up in that it has more memory and the faster network. I do miss the size of the Treo keyboard but was able to adapt to the Centro's pretty quickly. The "sticky" nature of the keyboard cover allows you to use your thumbnails to hit the keys. On the Centro, the same style of typing would not work. The smaller size is very nice, but the battery sucks (when using Goodlink). Huge bonus: my wife digs it.

I did sign a 2 year contract, but as a long time Sprint customer, I was offered an excelent plan (cheap). I did shop around and found that I could not do better.

I thought of moving to the dark side (Blackberry) as the Pearl looks cool. Lots of coworkers use it and my firm supports the service, but I was not ready to quit Palm just yet.
    What's the price again ? And with no simlock ? My 650 seems to have broke tonight. (see another posting, unfixable endless reset loop)
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    $85 but it is CDMA not GSM (no sim)...
    I saw one with 3 bids on it( at the end of the auction) going for $130 just 2 days ago on ebay.
    The seller had it listed as "mint" but used a Palm brochure as the picture.
    So who knows what it looked like.
    $85 is a steal for someone.
    My brother in law got a 700 for $75 the other day(talk about a steal), but it was also his freind.
    Put it at $110, and I bet it sells.
    Too low price may imply as not too good...???
    Depending on the condition, I've seen a few 650s go for about $100 - $120 on eBay.

You may have trouble if you don't have a great reputation on eBay, as someone suggested. People are also wary of buying something that won't work; ie. bad ESNs. For that reason, I think many people will go to eBay stores as opposed to the individual.

Make sure to offer some sort of money back guarantee (and make it prominent) if the phone won't work, or can't be activated due to a bad ESN. That might help move your item.