Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Hi all,
    I just recently had my phone replaced via Sprint's equipment protection program. They sent me a 700P as a replacement which is great since it has the EVDO which my 650 didnt have.

I have 2 questions for anyone who may be able to help.

1) they did not send me a software cd for the 700p and I would like to have one. Does anyone have a source for the cd or would anyone be willing to upload me a copy?

2) I downloaded sprint's broadband connection manager which is supposed to allow you to tether the phone as a modem however when I run the software it tells me to connect the phone even though it is already connected. Basically it doesnt recognize the phone. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and this didnt help. If I go into device manager it shows the treo in the list of modems so it appears to have installed the driver for it. I dont see any application that I must start on the phone to get it to work. Can anyone offer any assistance? I called Sprint and they wanted to sell me a "plan" for $40 a month and i really didnt think that was necessary. Maybe it is?

Any help is much appreciated.
    Thank you,
    BMWGUY
    I love gadgets.
    Search this forum for PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tether_hack.prc.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    got it .. thanks
    I love gadgets.
    1) Try searching, someone posted a link to download the cd's. I'm not sure where it is.

2) If the hack doesn't work out take a look at usbmodem or pdanet. pdanet can do DUN or proxy mode.