1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I can no longer synch my centro over USB. When I connect the device, my PC no longer makes the "USB connected" sound. I can't figure out how to get it back. This happened to me on and off and would just come back on its own, but now it seems permenant.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Have you rebooted the PC? (This assumes you leave it on 24/7.)

Also, check the USB connection at the PC side. (Pull it and reinsert.) (Our cats like to tug on that one particular wire for some reason.) (Could have gotten jarred, as well.)

Bad cable is also a possibility.

Another thought -- Take a slightly damp w/ rubbing alcohol Q-Tip to the connectors on the bottom of the Treo --- sometimes they get dirty and inhibit the connection.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/28/2008 at 04:02 PM.
    Assuming you haven't changed your Palm Desktop versions recently, another thing to do is to ensure your Hotsync manager is loaded. Mine wouldn't recognize it sometimes when I was using XP, and then I would find that although the Hotsync manager was supposed to be loaded all the time, it had somehow left the bottom task bar. A relaunching of it, however, brought everything back to normal.

If you did recently change the desktop, which I did a week or so ago, to the new Vista Palm Desktop, I had to uninstall and reinstall a couple times before it would recognize the drivers for my Treo. Hope that helps.

Stu