Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking for some in ear headphones that work with the Centro but can also be used as a hands free device for phone use. Any recommendations?

    Thanks!
  2. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by kelicious View Post
    I'm looking for some in ear headphones that work with the Centro but can also be used as a hands free device for phone use. Any recommendations?

    Thanks!
    Hi Kelicious. Check out the Headphones thread. Rather than starting a new thread, you could just post your question there, or maybe if you read it, you may already find an answer.

    FYI, I'll try to save you from the pain of confronting the "Search Police", and just let you know that just about every question you're going to come up with has probably been asked, and answered here in the forums. You might wish to use the Search function before wasting your time typing the question and waiting for an answer!

    Cheers, and congrats on your new Centro!

    Micael
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the information. Unfortunately I had checked out that thread first and it seemed more geared at people takling about and recommending adapters and not actual headphones. What I did see about headphones was limited and didn't address the phone option of being able to use them as a hands free device too.

    Thank you for the heads up on the 'search police'; I will be sure to continue to use that function. Hopefully they will go easy on a new person to the forum. After reading so much on here I'm really not feeling smart enough for smartphone anymore
  4. #4  
    Shure has a model especially made for treos which should work on the centro. They are pricey but worth the money IMO. FYI.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5. #5  
    You can look at this thread also in my part of the world

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=150971&page=2

    Its pretty extensive.

    For the mean time, i have gone with a bluetooth headset and i must say if you intend to spend for your wired headphones, might as well buy BT wireless ones. Sound quality in BT headsets will SURPRISE you.
  6. #6  
    These are great

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

    I use them with my Sony walkman phone (w580i)
  7. #7  
    I just got a handsfree adaptor for the centro from some guy in Hong Kong. It works great and looks great. It looks different than the one he has in the listing. I actually looks like a little centro....lol I seems pretty solid. I am using with my sony 71's....I made a few calls and no one could tell I was hands free....Shipping was fast at just over a week......

    I links arent allowed, please delete...Just thought I would share something I have been looking for months and finally found....

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stereo-Handsfree...QQcmdZViewItem
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    I just got a handsfree adaptor for the centro from some guy in Hong Kong. It works great and looks great. It looks different than the one he has in the listing. I actually looks like a little centro....lol I seems pretty solid. I am using with my sony 71's....I made a few calls and no one could tell I was hands free....Shipping was fast at just over a week......

    I links arent allowed, please delete...Just thought I would share something I have been looking for months and finally found....

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stereo-Handsfree...QQcmdZViewItem
    That looks exactly like the retractable cord that is bein sold in Best Buy for like $15, only this one is not retractable. The sound quality is average to say the least. Bass can be loud and nice, but the stereo separation is not good, i could swear it was almost mono-like...

    Does it have 3 rubber lines on the plug? because if its just 2 then the sound would definitely be mono....

    i could be wrong though i am no expert But comparing the sound it gave to the BT headset i have no, there is just no comparison.
  9. #9  
    It has three lines and is def stereo...They sound good with my sony in-ear buds...Better than anything I have tried up to this point..I am truely happy with my setup now...I can listen to music, answer the phone and go right back into the music....Mic is great...It is a good product...And I am satisfied at this point...No more looking for headset options....

    And the one I got does not look like the one in the link at all...I looks like a mini centro...I is a black oval and silver metal trim around the edge...It is a perfect match.....
  10. rpungin's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    It has three lines and is def stereo...They sound good with my sony in-ear buds...Better than anything I have tried up to this point..I am truely happy with my setup now...I can listen to music, answer the phone and go right back into the music....Mic is great...It is a good product...And I am satisfied at this point...No more looking for headset options....

    And the one I got does not look like the one in the link at all...I looks like a mini centro...I is a black oval and silver metal trim around the edge...It is a perfect match.....
    Actually this device is mono It only has 3 lines on the plug. But you need 4:
    1. Ground
    2. Left
    3. Right
    4. Microphone
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpungin View Post
    Actually this device is mono It only has 3 lines on the plug. But you need 4:
    1. Ground
    2. Left
    3. Right
    4. Microphone
    perhaps by "lines" he is refering to the lines between the metal bands, e.g., the line between ground and left, between left and right, and between right and mic?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Posting Permissions