Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I will be leaving for a long trip shortly and need something to keep me busy. What are the best games for the Centro?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I use Astraware's Sudoko, Sol Free, Bejeweled 2, and WordPop!. All 4 are totally addictive.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Bowling and Bejeweled keeps me entertained for trips. Also TicTacToe if you have someone else playing and your not driving of course.
    For Palm OS Treo or Centro,

My Little Tank, 50 some levels for blowing stuff up with a tank.

Hellfire, fly a US Apache or USSR Hind helicopters to blow stuff up in various campaigns.

Both of the above by Astraware and shareware.

Prison, arcade style game with various boards and speed levels. Free.

Solfree, solitare card games. Free.

Pacman, free version floating around somewhere.

Blocks, blocking stacking game for points. Free.

Note: I'm addicted to My Little Tank.

There are other games available. The above are my favorites.

Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    wifight is an online games server just for palm. chess, checkers, dots and boxes so far, plus live chat.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Have you looked into LJP? It emulates the NES, SNES and Genesis, among others, and does it quite well.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Handmark Scrabble. Addicting as hell.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Warfare Inc is the best pda RTS ever.
    Also, try EDGE a diablo-like RPG
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I can't believe no one has mentioned Dopewars, the ultimate addictive palm game. I could play that for hours. I also do zuma & bejeweled.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    Leo Singleton's free Hearts game resets my phone from time-to-time, but is nicely done & definitely addictive.
    Last edited by jae_63; 01/28/2008 at 02:26 PM.
    Handmark Scrabble. Addicting as hell.
    Don't bother with Handmark Scrabble, instead download the latest FREE version of Crosswords which IS Scrabble once you use the editor to change the board! It is better in every way than the commercial product - Hi-res, Downloadable dictionaries (so you're not stuck with the crummy, limited American only one), 5-way pad support, editable board colours, multiplayer via Bluetooth and Infra-red (with the official version you have to buy a copy for every Palm!)
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Don't bother with Handmark Scrabble, instead download the latest FREE version of Crosswords which IS Scrabble once you use the editor to change the board! It is better in every way than the commercial product - Hi-res, Downloadable dictionaries (so you're not stuck with the crummy, limited American only one), 5-way pad support, editable board colours, multiplayer via Bluetooth and Infra-red (with the official version you have to buy a copy for every Palm!)
    I appreciate the existence of a free alternative to Handmark Scrabble (though Hasbro, I bet, does not.) However, it's worth pointing out that Handmark does support hi-res and multiplayer via infrared, email, and bluetooth. Editable board colors, who cares?

I also really appreciate that the OSPD in the Handmark version includes definitions. I realize definitions have nothing to do with Scrabble play (plenty of English-language scrabble players don't actually speak English!) but I think it's a nice touch. I'd rather play OSPD with definitions displayed after each turn than SOWPODS without.

The real question to my mind is whether the positional strategy of Crosswords is any better than Handmark. I beat the Handmark AI by ~120 points on average.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I love playing doom via an emulater. Do a search and you can figure out how to set it up. I need to find some wads do I can play deeper levels.

You can also play many othet 1st person shooters. Just do a search and you shall find.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Fatel99, thanks for Dopewars, I'm now really addicated.
    There's a free (not shareware) open source game called the Prison that I like a lot. It's basically the game where you have a paddle and you hit a ball at bricks.

http://www.palmopensource.com/index....gory=9&view=15

That site also has a resource trading game called Drug Wars, which is pretty fun, but I think that there's a newer version of Drug Wars that isn't on the site.
    The real question to my mind is whether the positional strategy of Crosswords is any better than Handmark. I beat the Handmark AI by ~120 points on average.
    You can adjust the settings to 'Smart Robot' in Crosswords, but i've never really tried that because my games are pretty close so far.
    Handmark does support hi-res
    Are you sure? The version on their site seems to be the same one from 2003, with low-res graphics only. Not that I've downloaded it again after finding Crosswords.

Other advantages - the board is bigger and adjustable in size, plus the game is constantly being updated. Just the ability to play 'colour' and 'aluminium' without it telling me they're invalid is reason enough! When I emailed Handmark about the possibility of UK English dictionaries they said they had no plans for that.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Check out Vexed

It is one of my all time favorites.

http://www.palmloyal.com/addons.php?...rint&sid=17990
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Astraware has made some of my all-time top favorite POS games:
    Zap 2016, Rook's Revenge, Bejeweled 1/2, StarPop, and Crazy Daisy.

Another fantastic title is Exact II from Deluxeware.

Warfare Inc. is a fantastic game but it sadly has been abandoned by Handmark and has not seen an update in years. It'd also be nigh impossible to play with the Centro's tiny screen and toothpick stylus.