Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I just activated my new centro and as i'm playing with it I notice the directional key seems to be a little loose and giving especially moving it and up and down. When moving it, the silver bar below it with the VM and Calendar key moves gives with it. Is this a defect or is this normal? Thanks.
    Prolly something loose or defective inside the phone. My more than 3 month old Centro is still as tight as it was when new.

Some have reported it to be looser than what they imagined. I guess you could grab another one at a store and see. I wouldn't worry about it if you have insurance. I didn't think mine was loose until reading a post like this. It has to be loose in order to work and use with one hand.
    it's defective. Mine became loose and stopped responding in the down direction. felt like I could almost just pull it out. I'd take it back and have them compare it to another one so they can feel the difference.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    mine has been lose but still works. I am holding out. If it breaks i know insurance will cover it. If it ever does break maybe the white one will be out and I can do a switch!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    That's a good point, if you're sure its not normal after checking a couple and you're in the thirty day window I'd return it. If its under warranty and you return it that's one of two claims you can file. I'd hold off until it flies off if you're outside your window, I mean the return window not out the window. It sounds like that would apply to you, which is why I mentioned it.
    repeat after me....warranty. don't be so quick to go to insurance. A loose button is a defect. You can walk into the sprint store and have them to a warranty replacement. The only reason they would try and get you on the insurance is to get one over on you. You didn't drop it, throw it, bump it or whatever. If a few people have loose buttons, it's obviously not the sturdiest of designs or at least is a weak point in the design. And you can't just do a switch under insurance, you pay your money and they send you a replacement, most likely a refurbished one if they exist. If you go in the store for a warranty replacement you'll most likely get a new one out of the box.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I didn't realize they would swap for a new one under warranty. Isn't it a one year? Would that have to be a real Sprint Store or a Service Center? I can't imagine you could do that at a kiosk or something.
    The Centro has a 1yr warranty. If you have a defective phone you are not limited to two claims. Insurance might be limited to two claims over a certain time frame, but that has zero to do with the phone's warranty. And not all Sprint stores are full service. You can do a *2 and ask which stores do service and which ones don't. Not sure if they will do an instant exchange like that over the course of the year, but I've only had to wait for a phone to be shipped in once, and that was back with my i500.

Palm's Warranty Link
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    That's a good point, if you're sure its not normal after checking a couple and you're in the thirty day window I'd return it. If its under warranty and you return it that's one of two claims you can file. I'd hold off until it flies off if you're outside your window, I mean the return window not out the window. It sounds like that would apply to you, which is why I mentioned it.