1.    #1  
    Ok, I'm sick and tired of the crappy software that is Pocket Express v4. It is the only app now that locks up and causes my phone to reset, it only successfully updates maybe 40% of the time, and auto update only works maybe 20% of the time. I was once a paying customer, but no longer.

So, what I need is a replacement. AvantGo won't really do it, to limit on the news and weather feeds (or too expensive), and last I checked only updated via hotsync.

Is there another program like pocket express which can download updates for News, Weather, and optionally sports OTA?
    I had the same probs with pocket express. I ended using filez to delete all of the pocket express files then reinstalled it. Haven't had a problems since.
  3.    #3  
    Well, I've reinstalled it twice now, both on completely fresh installs, and it doesn't seem to fix it. Maybe it doesn't like something else installed, but I've not been able to narrow it down. It just doesn't like it.

Oh, and for details, this is a Treo 680 Cingular(ATT) with the latest ROM.
    Did you use filez or some other app to delete all of the files with the same creator? That was the key for me. If I deleted it via menu->delete I continued to have crashes. It wasn't until I deleted everything that it worked. FYI, I have a VZW 700p.
  5.    #5  
    Oh, I deleted everything, I had two hard resets and reinstalled everything from scratch (instead of using restore backup) .

Thanks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf View Post
    Oh, I deleted everything, I had two hard resets and reinstalled everything from scratch (instead of using restore backup) .

Thanks though.
    Hey D-Caf

As you said, you must have a conflict with one of your 3rd party programs. On Demand has worked flawlessly for me from my 650 to 700p to now 755p.

If you decide to give it one more go, I would try the Clean Install process to see what program begins to cause the conflict:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/28/2008 at 03:25 PM.
    I tried Express for a while, but found that if you have good, mobile websites, that works just as good through Blazer.