1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 700p. I was wondering if anyone out there knows if a "Y-jack" exists that will successfully go into the port that the hands-free headphone wire goes into.

What I want to do is plug a microcassette recorder into that jack and use it to record a call while I'm using the hands-free device. After determining such a jack does exist, will this work? Thanks for any help you can give....
    I can see why one would need to use a microcassette... but have you tried an "onboard" recorder like CallRec (a trial is available) or something similar, say, RecorderX.

Or do these don't work if the hands-free is connected?
  3.    #3  
    I don't know, I'll try them and see. But this is for very very occasional use, so I figured it would be easier to use the microcassette than add software that I have to figure out and may be buggy......
    Quote Originally Posted by hairymon View Post
    ...use, so I figured it would be easier to use the microcassette than add software that I have to figure out and may be buggy......
    No... both CallRec and RecorderX are stable and mature. They can't be stabler than PalmOS/Treo, of-course.

Even for occassional use it would be better to go with these, no need to mess around with wires, jacks, cassettes... These have automatic recording capability, so you can delete unwanted recordings. SD cards are inexpensive (don't try to use that 64 GB SD card with the Treo just yet), and the software is damn good value at around less than 20 USD.
    Game over!
  5.    #5  
    How easy would it be to transfer the files to a PC? We would actually have someone transcribe these recordings into a Word doc, and doing that from a PC sound file or a tape is a lot easier than that person having to borrow the Treo and listen to the recording. Thanks.