1.    #1  
    I just began to read about the SERO plans. I bought the 650 as a PDA, not as a phone. I had not given it any thought. I don't really like phones much... Now that I see how cheap I can get one, I wonder how difficult it would be to switch it over to the Sprint network, if posible at all...
    Dead-thread Necromancer
    ;^) It's possible; I just had my phone switched from Sprint. You need to let your fingers do the walking through your local yellow pages. (or Internet, these days.) Contact the wireless dealers in your area until you find one that will unlock the phone for you.

Many carriers won't to tell you how to leave them, but if they think you're moving to them, they'll be more forthcoming. My carrier is Cricket, and they were only too happy to tell me who in town was able to unlock my Sprint phone for me.

:^/ If you live in a big city, you should have no trouble. If you live in a small town, you may have to make a trip into the city.
  3.    #3  
    I specifically want to take the phone to Sprint because of the SERO plan, since my family also uses Sprint, and its basic plan is more data focused than phone time. I use the data more than phone minutes on my wife's Centro already. SERO has Sprint-to-Sprint calling and unlimited data, which are really all I would use in the phone department.

My question is if I can take the Verizon phone to Sprint service. I am going back and forth right now with Sprint customer service trying to see if they know. I will post whatever I find.
    Last edited by sprale; 01/29/2008 at 02:47 PM.
    Dead-thread Necromancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Pseudonym View Post
    Many carriers won't to tell you how to leave them, but if they think you're moving to them, they'll be more forthcoming. My carrier is Cricket, and they were only too happy to tell me who in town was able to unlock my Sprint phone for me.
    The difference here being that Cricket doesn't care what crap is on their network. Sprint will not activate a Verizon phone and vice-versa. Sprint software does not work on a Verizon despite them both being CDMA devices. If you call Sprint and give them the ESN for a Verizon phone, they're basically going to tell you there's nothing they can do.

You can mod a Verizon Treo to work on Sprint's network and vice versa, but it does take a decent amount of work and a couple of spare parts. I've done this conversion no less than four times now. Works like a charm. (You WILL need a Sprint phone module and access to a Sprint 650 ROM). With the price of 650's being as low as they are, you're probably better off buying a Sprint-branded handset.