1.    #1  
    Hi guys.

If you have noticed i have been all over the boards looking for wired hybrid earphone solutions for my Treo (755p). Really wanted high quality stereo sound (the Palm Pro Headset just didnt seem to be good enough for me), and it seems from all the searches i have made, it is only the Shure i Series Headphones which are the ONLY high quality headsets which has 100% compatibility with the Treo...

But the problem is they can only be bought online. And at a hefty price. $80-$120.

Out of frustration for lack of headsets to use, i decided one day to try out the Motorola S9 MOTOROKR headphones which can be bought EVERYWHERE here in my town. There was a sale and got a pair for $85 including tax.

And was i surprised! The sound quality was superb!! Not only that, it was so convenient to use! WHEN IT WORKED, it has fantastic compatiblity with ptunes, mocean, TCPMP, including controls. WHEN IT WORKED, it was a nice way of wearing headsets without looking so geeky having wired buds or one of those inconspicuous BT headsets in your ears ...

WHEN IT WORKED... which it didnt for probably for almost every first 5 mins i use it when i am trying to pair it with SAG.

WHich brings me to my dilemma...

i enjoyed the experience of the ROKR S9 so much that suddenly the price tag for the Shure headsets was hard to shell out, because you are still getting WIRED headsets...

On the other hand, the reliability of the operation of a BT headset, for the same price, is still at 75% and not hassle-free. resets are still bound to happen.

For the same price ($85-ish), should i go with the reliability and tangle-ability of a nice Wired Headset... or for the convenience of a wireless headset with an unexpected behaviour?

Again decisions decisions... Thanks again in advance TC!
    I absoultely LOVE my Plantronics Pulsar 590A's. I mean I friggin love em.

I will never go back to wired.

The sound I get from these things while being wireless is amazing. Yes every now and again Ill have a hiccup but the comparison between those rare hiccups and constanly having wires it is a no brainer for me.

Not to mention the sound that comes out of these things. Seriously I would put them up against most wired headsets for sound quality.

Hope this helps.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    BTW Im running with a T700P with the MR and SAG v1.17
    There is no spoon.
  4.    #4  
    How much did you get it for? How often do you have the hiccups?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    How much did you get it for? How often do you have the hiccups?
    about $90 off of EBay.

If I use SAG and PTunes say 25x's a month (when I workout) I MIGHT get 2x's where I have some issues.
    There is no spoon.
    The Plantronics work great I have a pair too. when the fashion police come my Shures make me feel less noticed.
    Not sure which Shure model you are looking at. I have some of the in the ear type Shure's - they are excellent at blocking exterior sound as they work just like earplugs. Depending on what you are doing, blocking outside sounds can be good or bad - it's great on a plane or where you don't need to hear anything but what you are listening to. Not so good if you are walking along a street.
    It took some trial and error to find the comfortable fit size and material but in the end was worth the effort as the sound quality is excellent (nearly as good as my $300 Byerdynamic cans). If you look for and listen to music recorded with care at high bit rates, Shures are great. If you listen to low bitrate music and don't care about ultimate sound isolation, go for the wireless option (I still really want an A2DP mono earpiece for podcasts).
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
    Theatre Booth Guy,

What about either of these?

http://store.treocentral.com/plantro...11A31A3033.htm

or

http://store.treocentral.com/jabra-b...11A31A1465.htm

If Im looking at these correctly you can use them the way you want. I of course may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatre Booth Guy View Post
    Not sure which Shure model you are looking at. I have some of the in the ear type Shure's - they are excellent at blocking exterior sound as they work just like earplugs. Depending on what you are doing, blocking outside sounds can be good or bad - it's great on a plane or where you don't need to hear anything but what you are listening to. Not so good if you are walking along a street.
    It took some trial and error to find the comfortable fit size and material but in the end was worth the effort as the sound quality is excellent (nearly as good as my $300 Byerdynamic cans). If you look for and listen to music recorded with care at high bit rates, Shures are great. If you listen to low bitrate music and don't care about ultimate sound isolation, go for the wireless option (I still really want an A2DP mono earpiece for podcasts).
    There is no spoon.