Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    it does that with every file i download from forums - just rename to what it was supposed to be and you should be ok.
    Thank you that worked out great. Now I know what it is that I have to do.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/...enshot0005.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/...enshot0006.jpg

Couldn't get rid of some of those blue lines :P but got a little further than those other skins posted - same as before just copy to your card and then copy into ram. so far no bugs on this one. next up will be all the in-call icons
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nice job phwelo! Working well here.

Hey, what about that signal meter? Any chance on that one ;-)

Ps How hard would it be to change the dialpad background from white to say black? The only reason I ask is I have my system all black with blue/green fonts and it would blend in better without the white background...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/...enshot0005.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/...enshot0006.jpg

Couldn't get rid of some of those blue lines :P but got a little further than those other skins posted - same as before just copy to your card and then copy into ram. so far no bugs on this one. next up will be all the in-call icons
    you are so rad!!!!
    phwelo - You're so getting love in this week's Treocast!
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Phwelo, you are a genius!! Thanks!
    anyway of getting that awesomeness ^^^ in pink instead of red?

I know, Im being picky :P
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    For some reason I keep getting an eror when I copy the phone prc?
    Anybody else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    For some reason I keep getting an eror when I copy the phone prc?
    Anybody else?
    same here.
    I'm a Pre gal now
    uh oh.

when I went to delete the phone prc. file from my SD I accidentaly deleted the entire "Palm" folder which had a few sub folders in there, like "Launcher" and some others I cant remember. Now when I try to save a file to my card I get an error message.

what did I do?

can I fix it?

help.
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I can tell you tell what I have under my Palm folder. Hopefully this will give you an idea of what goes where. Do you have a backup app? If so can you do a restore?

Palm
    Launcher (subfolder)
    -Launcher.dat
    -Nvbackup (3rd app)
    -Noah Pro (3rd party app)
    -more 3rd party apps

Programs (subfolder)
    -Folders of the 3rd party apps
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    I can tell you tell what I have under my Palm folder. Hopefully this will give you an idea of what goes where. Do you have a backup app? If so can you do a restore?

Palm
    -Launcher (subfolder) -Launcher.dat
    -Nvbackup (3rd app)
    -Noah Pro (3rd party app)
    -more 3rd party apps
    -Programs (subfolder)
    -Folders of the 3rd party apps
    Thank you so much.

I created another "Palm" folder after I did that the "Launcher" sub folder showed up on its own and in there the "LAUNCHER.DAT" came back. Then a "Programs" folder also showed up and in there is a "NVBAckup" folder...

so I hope that means its all back to normal

thanks for your help
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    no problem!
    is the phone prc working?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanlberg View Post
    is the phone prc working?
    not working for me
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    if you used a dialpad skin before you probably need to delete that - mine was named something like phone....650... maybe that's the issue? and yeah i'll make this in pink when i find the time (i did this whole red one while eating my cereal this morning so you probably won't have long to wait)

i'm going to finish the red one first (in-call icons) and then it should be pretty easy to convert that to pink, then i'll make myself a nice monotone one

ps: here's my semi-failed attempt at skinning blazer. i changed the buttons to look like safari's (osx) but the way the buttons are done they're spaced all weird so it'll take a lot of tinkering. i think i might make an ie7 version or something soon.. all of the issues everyone's having i think stem from the hsys file... as far as i can tell that's what causes the bluetooth crash. if anyone can confirm differently pls let me know
    Last edited by phwelo; 02/11/2008 at 09:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Nice job phwelo! Working well here.

Hey, what about that signal meter? Any chance on that one ;-)

Ps How hard would it be to change the dialpad background from white to say black? The only reason I ask is I have my system all black with blue/green fonts and it would blend in better without the white background...
    i was trying to think of something more interesting to do with the signal meter but couldn't think of much anything that would still convey what the current one does. maybe i'll throw some color into it or make it solid instead of having bars or something...

and i don't think it'd be possible to actually change the background of the dialpad - kind of like the blue lines that i can't get rid of (believe me i tried) - i'll give it a shot though
    if you used a dialpad skin before you probably need to delete that - mine was named something like phone....650... maybe that's the issue? and yeah i'll make this in pink when i find the time (i did this whole red one while eating my cereal this morning so you probably won't have long to wait)

i'm going to finish the red one first (in-call icons) and then it should be pretty easy to convert that to pink, then i'll make myself a nice monotone one

ps: here's my semi-failed attempt at skinning blazer. i changed the buttons to look like safari's (osx) but the way the buttons are done they're spaced all weird so it'll take a lot of tinkering. i think i might make an ie7 version or something soon.. all of the issues everyone's having i think stem from the hsys file... as far as i can tell that's what causes the bluetooth crash. if anyone can confirm differently pls let me know
    i dont have any other dial pad skins installed but would i still need to delete the existing phone application before installing?

I tried to delete the app in ROM called "phone" but it wont allow me to erase it...

I cant wait for pink!
    I'm a Pre gal now
    lol, just tried the Blazer.prc and I see what you mean, but still...that's pretty darn cool! I'm keeping it till something better comes along.

my lord-why won't Palm do half of what you're doing is beyond me, but if you keep it up, you could totally revive this "dated" OS ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/phwelo/phone.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/.../phone0000.jpg

changed the in call icons to better reflect a red centro (removed the antenna and made them red) as well as the other parts of the in-call screen. after this change it seems that a reset's needed so if you have the one i posted yesterday installed goto your ram and delete that, then try to make a call (i got a reset here) after the reset verify your phone is back to default. as long as it is copy the new one on over from your card (got a reset here as well) and then after you come back you should be set. i think it's just a conflict with the phone application on this one. i suppose if you haven't made a phone call since you last rebooted all this probably won't be necessary.
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast