Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo
    when i was messing with the bluetooth library i kept getting a reset like that so i dumped the idea of replacing the bluetooth animations - weird though. can anyone give me some ideas as to what you'd like that ugly yellow bell that blinks at the top left replaced with? as of now i've got a bomb, heart, mail icon, pink star, and skull made.. they're all semi-animated (you only get 2 frames to work with)
    It did it again while I was turning bluetooth off here is the crash report.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...enshot0002.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    hmmm, I am trying to get the star to work. I only installed that one. I can't find it in ram to delete either. Does this alert you for all alerts missed call, text mail etc?

I have takephone installed and it has an alert icon too. I wonder if it is interfearing with it.
    yes, the heart works for all my alerts, missed call, text, email

I want the skull tho, damn it
    I'm a Pre gal now
    well I got it to work but it only has the blinking star on the missed call screen. Once I hit ok it doesn't show up anymore. Then when I go to the phone app (takephone) the normal bell shows.
    how did you end up getting the star to work?
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Can't figure out why the star only works on missed call screen not on any other screen. On the phone app page and the home page the regular bell shows instead.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    same way you did the heart. I think you can only install one cause they will interfear with eachother. If you installed all of them at the same time that may be why you can't get the others to work.
    same way you did the heart. I think you can only install one cause they will interfear with eachother. If you installed all of them at the same time that may be why you can't get the others to work.
    right but I cant find ANY of them to delete them and reinstall..

I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Me either...I don't know how to find it. Maybe have to hard reset? I don't want to do that.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post

bummer.

none of them work on my Centro, still stuck with that lame little bell

it would be AWESOME if someone could get this working on Centros

I love the idea of the little skull

Im so dissapointed

edit: THEY WORK

well I got the red heart working anyway...I saved the file to the card and moved it to RAM with FileZ.... but now I cant change it from the heart to the skull like I want lol.... everytime I try to overwrite the lil red heart with the skull it gives me an error message...but atleast I got the heart working...a glimmer of hope
    i haven't tried overwriting it yet, just tried the skull out - i also forgot that you have to reboot to get them to take affect - my bad
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    delete the file hsysresource-hssr.rsrc from ram and then try new ones, likewise if you're having trouble to uninstall you would delete that file. if you can't delete it rename it to something else and reboot your centro and then try deleting.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Does it go to the system folder in RAM? I don't want to delete it really but can't figure out why it only works with the missed call screen. Like after I miss a call and the screen tells me I missed it the star is in the corner but when I go to home app there is that yellow bell.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Does it go to the system folder in RAM? I don't want to delete it really but can't figure out why it only works with the missed call screen. Like after I miss a call and the screen tells me I missed it the star is in the corner but when I go to home app there is that yellow bell.
    my guess is that that part has to do with something you've got installed, or you haven't rebooted. i personally don't have any folders under ram (using resco explorer) i see everything under ram as one big folder
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    hmmm using resco explorerin RAM I have folders

Other Apps
    PIM
    Prefrences
    System
    Temporary
    Unimportant
    Unknown

Then a bunch of other things that are just in the RAM folder itself. I did reboot don't know maybe it has something to do with treolauncher or takephone.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i'm using treolauncher on both centros and it's no problem at all - i'm wondering why you have folders under ram and if that has something to do with it - perhaps someone out there has some idea?
    using treolauncher here too

tried deleting the hsysresource-hssr.rsrc file from RAM and it gives me an error message and wont delete. gonna rename it and try it again...

hope this doesnt mess anything up

I will report back with results

Edit: It worked!!! I deleted the old heart file and installed the skull. I love it!!! Thank you sooo much!!!

I will be checking back regularly to see if you have added any new ones or figured out any new hacks

Kudus!
    Last edited by cathartic8881; 02/08/2008 at 04:50 PM.
    I'm a Pre gal now
    it works just like the bell! showing on every screen!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...enshot0001.jpg
    Last edited by Carterism; 02/08/2008 at 09:05 PM.
    diane
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    yeah hopefully i'll find something else interesting to hack the pictures out of - i tried blazer this morning but for some reason it didn't apply - hopefully soon we'll have a blazer that looks like safari
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    it works just like the bell! showing on every screen!
    I know! isnt it great?!?! his little eyes turn red! haha

Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    yeah hopefully i'll find something else interesting to hack the pictures out of - i tried blazer this morning but for some reason it didn't apply - hopefully soon we'll have a blazer that looks like safari
    if I wanted to erase the smileys file, what would it be called in RAM? I cant seem to find it...

still trying to get those smileys to work!
    Last edited by cathartic8881; 02/08/2008 at 09:09 PM.
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    when i was messing with the bluetooth library i kept getting a reset like that so i dumped the idea of replacing the bluetooth animations - weird though. can anyone give me some ideas as to what you'd like that ugly yellow bell that blinks at the top left replaced with? as of now i've got a bomb, heart, mail icon, pink star, and skull made.. they're all semi-animated (you only get 2 frames to work with)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/...enshot0004.jpg
    I would love something in a lavender or purple color. I have the battery icon installed in pink. I'm going to try the smilies tonight, and if I get a chance the pink star.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    using treolauncher here too

tried deleting the hsysresource-hssr.rsrc file from RAM and it gives me an error message and wont delete. gonna rename it and try it again...

hope this doesnt mess anything up

I will report back with results

Edit: It worked!!! I deleted the old heart file and installed the skull. I love it!!! Thank you sooo much!!!

I will be checking back regularly to see if you have added any new ones or figured out any new hacks

Kudus!
    Can't seem to get it to work. I deleted hsysresource-hssr.rsrc file and it made my phone go nuts. Had to hard reset. Reinstalled the heart one instead and trying to get it to work.

How about a Pink Cross Would love that!!!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    a Teddy bear
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast